Best 5 Gallon Fish Tank Setup in 2021
Penn Plax Cascade 20 Power Filter â€“ Mini Hang-On Filter with Quad Filtration â€“ Great for Freshwater and Saltwater Setups
Marineland Portrait Glass LED aquarium Kit, 5 Gallons, Hidden Filtration
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- DAYLIGHT/MOONLIGHT LIGHTING: Bright white LEDs create a shimmering sunlight effect; blue LEDs produce a moonlit glow.
- EASY ACCESS: Hinged LED lighting and sliding glass canopy.
- SIZE: 5-gallon aquarium fits Marineland Rite-Size Z Filter Cartridges.
- HIDDEN FILTRATION: Advanced, 3-stage filtration is out of sight, enhancing aquarium viewing.
Aqueon 100527256 Fish Tank Aquarium LED Kit, 10 Gallon
- Low profile full hood contains vibrant cool white LED lighting to bring your aquatic environment to life
- QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter has a red LED light that flashes to indicate when it’s time to change the cartridge – no more guessing!
- Preset heater will keep your aquarium temperature at a constant 78 degrees, appropriate for most tropical fish
- Complete setup guide included
- Complete aquarium kit includes: 10 gallon glass aquarium, low profile LED full hood, QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter with medium cartridge, 50W preset heater, premium fish food, water conditioner, fish net, stick-on thermometer
Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons, Curved-Front Tank With LEDs
- aquarium KIT Curved-front crescent-shaped aquarium kit is perfect for one goldfish or up to three community tropical fish
- INCLUDES FILTER Includes Tetra Whisper Internal Power Filter to keep your tank clean and provide a healthy environment for pet fish
- HIDDEN LIGHTS Bright-white energy-efficient LED lights are hidden inside the low-profile black cover
- SEAMLESS TANK Offers unobstructed viewing of your underwater environment
- 5 GALLON TANK Small size that’s perfect for a bedroom living room or dorm room (15 inches x 9 inches x 11 inches)
Koller Products AquaView 6 Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter & LED Lighting
- Are you looking to buy an aquarium for your children? If you are, you are going to want to look at this fish Tank. Owning an aquarium can be a really fun and rewarding experience and an ideal way to teach your child the responsibility of pet ownership
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color selections to brightly illuminate your fish, choose daylight White, Blue, green, amber, aqua, Purple, or Red
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies Aquarium water at a flow rate of 45 gallons per hour effectively removing organic pollutants including discoloration, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases. Uses Tetra Whisper small replacement filter cartridges
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass; all the while providing leak-proof assurance, unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this one-piece Tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks. Dimensions: 11 Dia x 19.8 H inches
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you need a part or help, please contact us at [email protected] for fast, friendly service
Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon, White
- 5 gallon Nano aquarium
- Etched-glass tank with aluminum trim
- Powerful 37 LED Lighting System
- Includes foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings
- Size: 17.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 Inch
GloFish Crescent Aquarium Kit 5 Gallons, Includes Hidden Blue LED Light And Internal Filter
- INCLUDES ALL THE ESSENTIALS: This 5 gallon kit includes a seamless, crescent-shaped tank, Tetra Whisper Bio-Bag Filter Cartridge, black canopy with convenient feeding hole and energy-efficient blue LED lighting.
- BLUE LED LIGHTS: Hidden blue LED lights are incorporated into the hood, giving your GloFish fluorescent fish an exciting and uniquely fluorescent look.
- INTERNAL FILTRATION: The filter pulls water from the aquarium and pushes it through the filter cartridge, where the dense, dual-sided mesh catches debris and waste.
- INCLUDES HOOD: Sleek black hood reduces evaporation and helps keep fish from jumping.
- EXPERIENCE THE GLO: GloFish fluorescent fish and products create a complete underwater fluorescent experience.
- Crescent shaped seamless plastic aquarium
- Clear plastic canopy Blue LED overhead light with Primary Material being Acrylic.
- Medium size filter cartridge.
Koller Products AquaView 3 Gallon 360 with Power Filter & LED Lighting
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color choices to brightly illuminate your fish; choose daylight White, Blue, green, amber, aqua, Purple, or Red. Include built-in timer, Set your LED light to come on at the same time everyday, timer enables you to select light settings of 2 hours, 4 hours or continuous on easily with a flick of your finger.
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies Aquarium water at a flow rate of 25 gallons per hour as the Tetra Whisper XS Filter cartridge effectively removes organic pollutants (including colors, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases).
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass plus one-piece construction providing superior strength and durability, Unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this trendy shaped Tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks.
- Easy to set up and maintain, this trendy fish Tank will look good wherever you place it. Takes 3 AAA batteries (not included); Optional Koller Products 5V power adapter (aq51000) enables light to be plugged into electrical outlet, (Available online). Dimensions: 10.2" Dia x 14.5"H.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Dedicated to serving our customers. Need help or a replacement part, please contact us at [email protected] for fast, friendly service.
Marineland Contour 3 aquarium Kit 3 Gallons, Rounded Glass Corners, Includes LED Lighting
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- DAYLIGHT/MOONLIGHT SETTINGS: Bright white LEDs create a shimmering sunlight effect; blue LEDs produce a moonlit glow.
- EASY ACCESS: Hinged LED rail light and sliding glass canopy.
- DIMENSIONS: The Marineland Contour 3 aquarium measures 9. 5 inches x 10 inches.
Marina LED Aquarium Kit, 5 Gallon
- 5 gallon glass aquarium starter kit
- Comes with everything needed for your first fish tank
- Use our Nutrafin Aqua Plus Water Conditioner to make tap water safe for fish
- Marina's Slim S20 clip-on aquarium filter keeps your water clear and uses quick-change filter cartridges
- Long-lasting, natural daylight effect LED aquarium lighting module is incorporated into the fish tank's canopy
Betta Fish Care for Maximum Health
Betta fish are commonly called Siamese Fighting Fish, and are some of the most colorful and beautiful freshwater fish for the home aquarium. Learning how to care for the properly is important.
Basic Betta Facts
These popular aquarium fish are scientifically named Betta Splendens, and originate in Cambodia and Thailand. They grow to about three inches long. In the wild, they are usually a rather nondescript greenish brown color. However, years of selective breeding have created many amazing color strains and fin types. As with most fish, the males are much more colorful than the females.
Their life span is approximately two to three years, although many die much younger in improper environments they are often subjected to. In their natural habitats, Bettas live in ponds, rice paddies, and slow-moving rivers.
The Labyrinth Organ
One thing that makes Betta fish different than most other types is the existence of the labyrinth organ. This organ allows the fish to breath atmospheric air, and not dissolved oxygen in the water like other types of fish. Indeed, if they are in an environment where they do not have sufficient access to atmospheric air (i.e. at the surface of the water), they will suffocate and die.
The Wrong Containers
The need for atmospheric oxygen immediately discounts some types of containers for Betta habitats. The increasingly popular peace lily vase set up is essentially betta murder. Not only does the plant greatly reduce the surface area for breathing, the roots befoul the water and do not provide food for the betta as sometimes assumed. Bettas' natural diets consist of insects, as they are carnivorous.
Also, due to the fact that bettas exist in ponds, rice paddies and rivers, it can be assumed that a cup of water is insufficient space for a fish to live in. While bettas can live in shallow water, they should still have enough to swim around in.
Bettas are tropical fish and require a higher water temperature of seventy-five to eight degrees Fahrenheit. This necessitates a submersible heater in their tank. Most containers sold as betta bowls do not provide room for a heater.
The Right Betta Fish Set Ups
The ideal set up and habitat for a betta fish is an open-top aquarium of at least three-gallon capacity. It should have a heater and some plants to provide hiding places for your betta. Only one male betta should be kept per tank, though they can coexist with other types of tropical fish. The other fish should be community types that are not prone to fin nipping.
Betta fish, also called Siamese Fighting Fish, require appropriate housing and care for maximum health and happiness. Small cups and potted plant containers are not good places to house a betta fish. If you care for the fish the right way, they will live happily for years in your home aquarium.