Best Algae Eating Fish For Freshwater Aquariums in 2023
Finchville Aquatics LLC Chinese Algae Eater (Gyrinocheilos aymonieri)
SevenSeaSupply 5 Horned Nerite Fresh Water Aquarium Snails
Golden Mystery Snail - 1/2"-2" - Algae Eater for Aquariums
- DO NOT ORDER IF TEMPERATURES GO BELOW 32 F DURING WINTER OR ABOVE 100 F IN YOUR REGION, SNAILS WILL NOT SURVIVE. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE LIVE ARRIVAL IF TEMPERATURES ARE EXTREME. PLEASE NOTE WE SHIP ONLY FROM MONDAY-WEDNESDAY. ORDERS PLACED ON WEDNESDAY SHIP THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK TRACKING FOR ARRIVAL DATE, SNAILS WILL DIE IF LEFT IN THE BOX FOR TOO LONG. CAN NOT SHIP TO HI OR PR
- SHIPS ONLY USPS PRIORITY FROM AQUALEAF AQUATICS. If you are buying from a low cost seller NOT using USPS Priority, you are risking the animals life .Can grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest freshwater snails in the aquarium hobby.
- Feeds on leftover food or almost any kind of fish food. Effective at algae control, and they also eat uneaten fish food.
- This large and colorful snail is great for adding some color and decoration to your aquarium, but it also serve some very useful purposes. It cleans algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, it eats hair algae, and it helps keep your substrate clean and the correct color.
- Mystery Snails are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. They are quite large as adults, growing 2"+ in size.
Odysseaaqurium 10 Siamese Algae Eater SAE Golden Algae Eater Freshwater Tropical Aquarium Fish
Aquatic Arts 5 Live Gold Mystery Snails Freshwater Aquarium Algae Eater/Real Living Glass Fish Tank Cleaner | Nano Pets/Natural Decorations
- One of the largest Plant safe pet Aquarium snails, mystery snails have lively personalities and make great Aquarium pets! They pair perfectly with SpongeBob Aquarium decorations!
- These algae eating invertebrates help clean algae off Aquarium glass, small or big aquatic plants, décor, and tank substrate. A 13 to 20 gallon tank is generally large enough for 5 mystery snails.
- They can grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest freshwater snails available! Other than algae, they eat leftover fish food (such as Guppy fish food), fish pellets, and blanched vegetables.
- Golden mystery Snail shells are a bright and cheery Golden yellow color. They are completely peaceful and make great tankmates to most Aquarium Fish, including Mollies.
- Basic fish Aquarium supplies required, including a large or small aquarium Filter. All Aquatic Arts brand Plants and animals come with a 100% live ARRIVAL guarantee, plus free email support!
Aquatic Arts 5 Live Ivory Mystery Snails Freshwater Aquarium Algae Eater | Real Living Glass Fish Tank Cleaner | Nano Pets | Natural Decorations
- One of the largest plant-safe freshwater snails, mystery snails have lively personalities and make great Aquarium pets! They pair perfectly with SpongeBob Aquarium decorations!
- These fascinating invertebrates help clean algae off glass aquarium walls, live plants, Aquarium décor, and aquarium Substrate. A 13 to 20 gallon tank is generally large enough for 5 mystery snails.
- They can grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest freshwater snails in the aquarium Hobby. Other than algae, they eat leftover fish or Shrimp Food, fish pellets, and blanched vegetables.
- Ivory mystery Snail shells are a striking Cream color. They are completely peaceful and make great tankmates to most freshwater fish and dwarf shrimp, such as sky Blue shrimp.
- Basic Aquarium supplies required, including a fish tank filter (canister filters are best). Aquatic Arts brand Plants and animals come with a 100% live ARRIVAL guarantee, plus free email support!
25+ Live Mosquito Fish (Koi Pond) Aquarium Feeder Fish with Guppy Granuals
- INCLUDES HORNWORT PLANT
- FOR INDOOR AQUARIUMS OR OUTDOOR PONDS. Great for mosquito contol.
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS - Mosquito Fish are very hardy, highly recommended for beginning new aquariums or ponds.
SevenSeaSupply 5 Zebra Nerite Fresh Water Aquarium Snails
- There are many other seller but only Select SevenSeaSupply as seller at for 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Livestock only ship out on Monday thru Wed, shipped via USPS Priority mail 2 - 3 business days. 100% live arrival guarantee, Pictures are for references only. Each snail's shells and color are diverse and totally unique! There cannot all be golden bright color.WARNING: YOUR ORDER MAYBE DELAY OR CANCEL DUE TO LOCAL WEATHER AND HOLIDAYS. PLEASE CHECK YOUR LOCAL WEATHER BEFORE ORDER.
10 MALAYSIAN TRUMPET SNAILS ALGAE EATERS LIVE FRESHWATER AQUARIUM SNAILS MTS
Imperial Tropicals 12 Large (1/2" - 1") Japanese Trapdoor Snails (Viviparus malleattus) Great for Getting rid of Algae in Ponds!
- A great addition to large tanks and outdoor ponds
- Trapdoor snails are great for removing algae and unwanted leftover fish food
- Work great in outdoor pond setups where they can keep algae growth to a minimum
- Their shells can grow up to 2" long and can range in color from light brown, to white, to a brilliant blue
- A great "natural" looking snail
Black Shark Fact Sheet
The Black Shark, Labeo chrysophekadion, is a large, moderately aggressive aquarium fish. In the wild this fish can reach 4 feet. Other names for this fish include the Black Labeo, Black Shark Minnow and Black Beauty.
The Black Shark, Labeo chrysophekadion, is a large, moderately aggressive aquarium fish. In the wild this fish can reach 4 feet.
Other names for this fish include the Black Labeo, Black Shark Minnow and Black Beauty.
This impressive fish comes from South East Asia, including Malaysia and Thailand. They are threatened in the wild although quite common in the aquarium trade.
The Black Shark prefers water between 23 and 28 degrees C (74 and 82 degrees F) and moderate hardness and a pH between 6 and 8. This is a big fish and should only be kept in a big aquarium although when they are young, they can be kept for a while in a smaller one.
This fish is fairly flexible in its water requirements.
Black Sharks are omnivores, and will eat most normal aquarium foods including flakes, frozen Blood Worms, Frozen Brine Shrimp, Fresh or frozen beef heart, pellets and live food like Daphnia and mosquito larvae.
The Black Shark will eat plants. You will need to either accept that the plants you put in is part of your fish's diet, or not put plants into the aquarium.
Although I have referred to this fish as being moderately aggressive, in fact their temperament varies enormously from fish to fish. Some people have found their Black Shark to be very docile and timid although coming up to be handfed. Other Black Sharks will kill the other fish in the tank.
Generally, similar sized fish should be chosen. Although they have been recorded up to 4 feet long in the wild, even in a huge public aquarium, they will not grow this big. Usually they will only grow to less than a foot long.
Fish that can be kept with them include Silver Sharks, larger Gouramis like blue and Gold Gouramis, the mere peaceful cichlids like Electric yellows and the largest types of tetras like Emperor and Congo Tetras. Some people have also has success keeping the larger Danios with Black Sharks.
I have been unable to find any account of Black Sharks being bred in Aquariums. This is understandable considering the size of this fish.
But they are bred in some countries as a food fish.
Do not release any pet into an environment that it is not native to. Although the Black Shark is not common in the wild anymore, they could do considerable damage to tropical ecosystems of other continents.