Best Aquarium Backgrounds in 2023
SPORN Aquarium Background, Static Cling, Tropical, 24" x 12"
SPORN Aquarium Background, Static Cling, Classic Black, 24" x 12"
- HIGH DEFINITION IMAGES: With its vibrant colors and detailed HD images, it is sure to create a lifelike effect for your tank. Perfect to create a beautiful display and enhance the appearance of the aquarium.
- FITS MOST AQUARIUM: It can be adjusted to fit most aquarium sizes. You can quickly cut the sheet according to your tank’s requirement in the desired shape and size. Enhances the ambiance of the tank and keeps it away the clutter.
- EASY APPLICATION: The static cling design enables hassle-free application. Just remove it from the package; use grid paper backing to cut to size, spray glass with water, apply and squeegee out any air bubbles. No tapes, glue, adhesive or gel needed. We recommend you apply it to two or three sides of the tank for a realistic look.
- RESIDUE FREE REMOVAL: The cling adheres directly to the aquarium and does not damage the tank upon removal. It won’t leave any scratches, marks or residue when removed.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: Made from premium quality material has gone through stringent quality tests. Our product is sure to brighten up your aquarium set up. Just click on the “Add to Cart” button and enjoy a risk-free purchase.
New 9088 20" x 48" Fish Tank Background 2 Sided River Bed & Lake Background Aquarium
- Heavy duty plastic aquarium background, trim to fit.
- Actual picture dimensions are 19.5" tall and 48" wide
HITOP Double Sides Aquarium Background Picture,3 Different pcs with Total 6 Options for Fish Tank (15.5H31.5L(inch))
- 1. 3 different pieces, double sides, total 6 options for your usage, replace freely.
- 2. Size: 15.5H*31.5L(inch) / 40cm(H)*80cm(L). It can be cut to fit most aquarium sizes, we have reserved enough space for you to cut to the required size.
- 3. High definition images: Natural color, picture is clear and beautiful, enhance the sight of the aquarium. It can also cover some stains or messy wires.
- 4. Vivid and Fade-resistant: Made of high-quality film, long lasting effect and provide you and your fish a natural landscape.
- 5. Free removal and replacement: Without glue, you can use gummed paper or tractable glue to attach it, no marks or residue when removed.
Marina Precut Background, Blue/Black, 18 x 36
- Adds beauty to almost any aquarium
- Suitable for use in fresh and marine aquariums
- Crafted from durable, water-resistant material for long-lasting use
- Reversible, double-sided design allows for versatile application and adds rich color to your pet's environment
- Measures 18" x 36"
zision Aquarium Background Fish Tank Removaboe Sticker Double Side- Black,Blue Plants,Wood,Forest,Rock,Reef Glue
- Easy use and easy remove-come with 4 high-quality reusable sticker. stick tight and easy removal.
- Vivid and rich color, latest Triple Layer Poly Film Printing Techniques bring you a bright mood every day!
- Double sided,buy one and enjoy two style. Easy change if you like.
- Non-toxic and waterproof material can be used inside or outside the aquarium. If you chose to use it in water, please notice to assemble it in dry condition.
- Size:21*12inch(55*30cm),design for l0-15 gallons long aquarium.
New Aquarium Background Decoration 48" x 18.5" 2 Sided Rocky Aquarium
- Easy application and removal
- Residue free removal
- 2 Sided - one side shows Rocky Aquarium Background
- Extremely durable
- Actual Size is 19.5"x 48" Wide
Karen Low 19 Inch Height Double Sided Aquarium Background Decorations Rocks and Stones (60"(L) x 19" (H))
- 2 Sided - one side shows rocks and the other show stones
- Material: Plastic
- Note: Attach to the fish tank with clear double sided tape or scotch tape
- To protect your item we post all our backgrounds in a postal tube
Vepotek Aquarium Background Ocean Seabed /Coral Reef Double sides (36WX24H)
- Double sided- One side Coral Reef the other side ocean seabed
- 24", 36", 48",60" and 72" wide
- Made out of high quality waterproof film, (3 layer Instead of double side print)
- Actual Height is 23.6 inch
- Latest Triple Layer Poly Film Printing Techniques: Gives Both Vibrant And Richer Color
9089 20" x 48" Trim to Fit Aquarium Fish Tank Background Sea Blue and Night Deep Sea
- 2 Sided - one side shows sea blue and the other is black deep sea
- Actual picture height is 19.5"
- 48" Wide
How to Paint a Realistic Watercolor Fish Tank Background
A store-bought fish tank background is usually a solid blue or black, or has a shiny aquarium scene complete with plants and rock pictures. While this solution to aquarium decor works, some desire a less picturesque backdrop.
Watercolor Fish Tank Background - Materials Needed
The most important material for the fish tank background is a piece of watercolor paper, or other suitable material, that covers the entire back side of your aquarium. You will also need watercolor paint in dark blues, greens, and black, water, and paintbrushes. Paper towels for clean up are also a great idea. To affix the fish tank background to your tank, double sided clear tape is ideal, although you can use regular tape as well.
Watercolor Fish Tank Background - Painting Tips
In order to make a realistic watercolor fish tank background, you should start with a dark background color. Since you want the lights in the tank to focus on your colorful fish, the backdrop should not be bright and garish.
Begin by painting the entire piece of paper with a dark blue color. Use a horizontal stroke motion instead of a verticle one. This looks more like natural variations in water layers. You can use green or black to vary the tint of the blue layers slightly. The bottom part of the fish tank background should be darker than the top.
Watercolor Fish Tank Background - Decorating Tips
After you have the basic dark blue color for the backdrop, you may want to decorate the fish tank background with some rock or plant pictures. Match the colors and styles of rock paintings to the ones you are using in your aquarium. The idea is to make shadowy images of rocks and plants, unless you are a great artist and can draw ones that are totally realistic.
Use black, dark grey, and browns to paint rock shapes on the fish tank background. Then, mix darker green colors and paint plants. Simple ribbon-shaped leaf patterns are a good choice for less-than-perfect painters. Skinny stalks with oval leaves can imitate Amazon sword plants. Small round leaved paintings can look realistic too.
Using a realistic watercolor fish tank background for your home aquarium is an attractive alternative to store-bought ones. By remembering to keep the colors dark and subdued, your fish tank will appear to be a real pond or river bed. Behind the decorations and real or plastic plants, the watercolor fish tank background will add a beautiful touch to your home aquarium.