Best Aquarium Bacteria in 2022
API QUICK START Nitrifying Aquarium Bacteria, Allows Instant Addition of Fish and Maintains Active Biological Filter, 16-Ounce Bottle
Tetra SafeStart - Treats 70 gal - 8.45 oz, 250 ml, 8.45-Ounce (77962)
- PREVENTS NEW TANK SYNDROME: Accelerates of the establishment of healthy bacteria in newly set-up freshwater aquariums.
- REDUCES TOXINS: Helps remove dangerous levels of ammonia and nitrite.
- FAST-ACTING: Starts working immediately to provide a healthy environment for new fish without a long wait.
- USAGE: Treat when setting up a new aquarium, after a water or filter change, when adding new fish or after medication.
- included components: 1 x SafeStart Plus
- age range description: All Life Stages
MarineLand Bio-Spira Freshwater Bacteria, for Starting New Aquariums
- START A NEW AQUARIUM INSTANTLY Beneficial Marineland Bio-Spira Freshwater Bacteria prevents new tank syndrome and instantly cycles new aquariums when dosed as directed
- IDEAL FOR Use when adding new fish for filter maintenance and during monthly water changes
- ADVANCED NITRIFIERS Removes harmful ammonia and nitrate from aquarium water
- REDUCES SLUDGE Includes heterotropic cleaner bacteria for a clear healthy aquarium
- MAINTENANCE Add monthly as directed to replenish and boost beneficial bacteria
Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 - Bacteria & Water Conditioner for Fish Tank or Aquarium, Populates Biological Filter Media for Saltwater and Freshwater Fish, 125ml
- Establishes biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups
- Reduces nitrogen, nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, ammonia & organic carbon in all marine and freshwater aquariums with extremely effective microbes and enzymes
- Veterinarian Pathologist tested and recommended
- Made in the USA
MarineLand BIO-Spira Freshwater Bacteria for Aquariums, 3.38-Ounce
- Advanced nitrifies instantly remove harmful ammonia and nitrite
- Includes sludge cleaning bacteria for a clear, healthy aquarium
- Prevents new tank syndrome
- Treats 100 gallons
Seachem Stability Fish Tank Stabilizer - For Freshwater and Marine Aquariums 500 ml
- TANK STABILIZATION: Seachem Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome".
- TREATMENT: Stability is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- BACTERIA GROWTH: The necessary conditions for the growth of Stability's bacteria strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the unknown death of an organism), Stability simply becomes more effective.
- USE: Shake Seachem Stability well before use and turn off UV/ozone filter. Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days.
- SAFE: The bacteria employed by Stability are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of overuse.
Fluval Biological Enhancer for Aquarium, 8.4-Ounce
- Powerful team of beneficial bacteria immediately inoculates aquarium water
- Creates a safe biological habitat for your fish
- Eliminates ammonia and nitrite
- Will not harm plants; animals or humans
- Size: 8.4 oz.
Tetra Cleaning Bacteria 4 Ounces, for A Clean Aquarium and Healthy Water
- BENEFICIAL BACTERIAL BLEND: Replenishes beneficial bacteria to help filter pollutants in aquarium water.
- BIOLOGICAL BALANCE: Works to keep your aquarium healthy and biologically balanced.
- FOR SUPERCHARGED FILTRATION: Cleans gravel and removes sludge and ammonia.
- CONVENIENT: Use the cap to measure and dose.
- USAGE: Use monthly, or when setting up a new aquarium, after a water or filter change, or when adding new fish to ensure healthy water conditions.
API STRESS ZYME Aquarium Bacteria, Consumes Sludge And Keeps Aquarium Clean, 16-Ounce Bottle (56E)
- Contains one (1) API STRESS ZYME Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Cleaning Solution 16-Ounce Bottle
- Keeps freshwater and saltwater aquariums clean and reduces maintenance
- Consumes sludge to help keep gravel and decorations clean
- Adds beneficial bacteria for a healthy aquarium
- Use weekly to maintain a clean, healthy aquarium
Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner - Chemical Remover and Detoxifier 500 ml
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
Two Beautiful Zoos and Aquariums in Ohio
Many Zoos are located throughout the city of Ohio, but here are two of the most outstanding ones!
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
The Cleveland Zoo is located at 3900 Wildlife Way in Cleveland. The Zoo is beautiful and totals over 170 acres. The animals total well over 3,000, and that includes over 600 different species. The Zoo offers many exciting things to do, including free animal training sessions. Sea Lions of the zoo are introduced as the trainers teach technique and training to the public. Check out the Creative Elephants For Conservation program! The Zoos elephants, Jo, Moshi and Martika, have learned to paint. Their paintings are available for a tax-deductible purchase, as are prints.
The Cleveland Zoo has more than just animals. Check out the Rainforest, where you can see over 10,000 plants and 600 animals from the steamy jungles around the world. See the 25-foot waterfall, the research hut, tropical rainforest exhibit with awesome thunder and lightning effects, and more. You'll see gardens dedicated to different cultures of the world, like Africa, Australia, and the Northern Trek. You'll love all the amazing exhibits and programs that the Zoo has to offer. Be sure to visit their gift shop for souvenirs, and their many food and beverage stands.
Admission to both the Zoo and the rainforest are combined, ten dollars for adults, five dollars for kids ages 2-11, and kids under two are admitted free. For more information, visit their website at .
The Toledo Zoo holds a vast amount of programs and activities that the whole family will enjoy. Check out their LiveNation Summer concert Series each year for some awesome concerts. Come on in and see Butterflies! a free-flight butterfly exhibit. Learn about the different species and their habits as these beautiful winged creatures fly all over and around you. A special Children's Zoo is open, called "Animals A to Zoo". See the Natural Feeding and Animal Training Demonstrations, or listen to Music Under the Stars.
Toledo Zoo houses a large aquarium featuring over 2,800 animals representing 253 species, See animals from Africa, swamp monkeys, snow leopards, cheetahs, and so much more in the main part of the Zoo. Also available is a horticulture and reptile section.
Toledo Zoo is open every day except for major holidays. Hours of operation are from 10 am to 5 pm, from May 1st thru Labor Day and 10 am to 4 pm from Labor Day to April 30th. For more information visit their website at .