Best Aquarium Gadgets in 2023
Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Defroster PRO
Python Pro Clean-Mini 1" x 6" Tube with 6 ft. Hose
- Effectively separates and removes debris from your aquarium
- Constructed with flexible, high quality tubing
- For aquariums up to 10 gallons in size
Innovative Marine Gourmet Gadget Grazer PRO
- For Fresh and Saltwater Fish (Herbivores and Carnivores) | Reduces Waste and Maintains Water Quality
- Feed Multiple Fish Simultaneously | Can be placed Vertically or Horizontally
- Low Profile | Magnet-Mounted for easy removal of un-eaten food
- Promotes Natural Picking | Durable ABS Construction
- Snap-Lock Security | Feeds Any Color Seaweed
Innovative Marine Hydrofill Titanium ATO Auto Top Off - Acrylic Return Bracket
- Dims: 1.49” x 3.62” x 6.61”
- For sumps, rimless or framed tanks ranging from 4mm-35mm in wall thickness
- Acrylic mounting bracket
- ¼” barbed fitting
- * Built in Anti-siphon feature on the return side of the black pipe
SENEYE Reef Aquarium Monitor and Par Meter
- Automatically monitors multiple key parameters Constantly watching your aquarium, 5600 readings per month
- Healthier coral, integrated LUX, Kelvin and PAR light meter Early warning, intelligent software predicts future water conditions*
- Convenient alerts sent to e-mail and mobile phone* Access results worldwide, data stored online for easy viewing*
- Track your results with automatic graphing* USB connection with multiple connection options, including optional USB power adaptor
Senzeal 2X Crystal Glass Aquatic Plant Cup Pot with 4X Suction Cups for Fish Tank Aquarium Aquascape
- Made of high quality crystal glass, strong and durable.
- Pot bottom with permeable holes, comes with 4 suction cups.
- Double suction cup design can hang the plant glass pot on the aquarium tank.
- Great decoration for shrimp or planted tanks.
- Planted plants is great decoration for tanks. Add a natural feeling and appearance to your tedious aquarium.
Innovative Marine Minimax Pro Series Media Reactor (Desktop)
- Filter Media Reactor | Just Add Your Favor Media | Dims: 2" x 2.3" x 11.75"
- Made from quality cell cast acrylic - Bracket Included | Smallest Form Factor
- Responsive Flow Control | Low Power Consumption
- Maximum Volume Capacity 150ml
- 10-52GPH Pump Included | Designed for Fusion 10g, Peninsula 14g & 20g, Fusion 20g, Lagoon 25g, & Concept Drop Off 20g
Inkbird IBS-TH1 Smart Sensor Data Logger Aquarium Submersible Probe Monitor Device Android iPhone Temperature Humidity Recorder Thermometer Hygrometer
- Attention: Since the upgradation of SDK（Software Development Kit）to the latest version 26,it is necessary to launch the GPS to tag your position for scanning BT device,which are applicable to the version starting from 23.
- Fully aquarium submersible external probe. Aquarium probe works better in water.
- Monitoring range: 50 meters / 150ft (No obstructions).Temperature Range: -40 ~140°F (Inner sensor) -40~212°F (External aquarium submersible probe). Humidity Range: 0~99%RH. Accurate (Humidity and Temperature accuracy is ±2%RH and 0.5°F) and fast response. Use the new generation of France HTU21D temperature and humidity sensors. Power consumption will be lower and working life will be longer.
- Hold data for 20 days if the sampling interval is 1min, the max date storage is 30000 point. Different sampling interval (10s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 30min) can be setting. The saving data time will be different if you choose different sampling interval.
- Multiple Devices: One mobile phone can monitor more than one sensor and one sensor can be monitored by more than one mobile phone.
Sammiu Digital Water Quality Tester, 3 in 1 TDS Meter, EC Meter and Temperature Meter, Measuring Range 0-9999ppm, Ideal Water Tester for Drinking Water, Aquariums, etc
- MUTIFUNCTION: TDS Meter, EC Meter and Temperature Meter 3 in 1, with a leather case for easily carrying
- EASY TO USE AND ACCURATE: Just stick it in about 1 inch of water instantly you get the reading. It's compact and doesn't need any maintenance. The digital tds meter is a rugged model that includes a protective carrying case with belt clip
- AUTO-OFF AND HOLD FUNCTION: The electrical conductivity meter shuts off automatically after 2 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries. Hold function ensures to save measurements for convenient reading and recording
- MEASUREMENT RANGE: From 0-999 ppm, with a resolution of 1 ppm. From 1,000 to 9,9990, the resolution is 10ppm, indicated by blinking “x 10” symbol. Equipped with large LCD for easy reading
- APPLICATIONS: Ideal for tap water quality testing, household water filtration systems, aquariums, swimming pools, hydroponic, colloidal silver, field water quality testing, etc.
Luxbird Waterproof Aquarium Refugium Light Bulb, LED Aquarium Plant Grow Light for Macroalgae and Indoor Plants E26 Non Dimmable(Refugium-12W)
- Waterproof IP65, in a intense humidity sump, this bulb will be more durable than the troditional refuguim light
- Built in 9 red and 3 blue LEDs, provides super correct spectrum for macro algae to grow, keeping them alive and happy, maintaining your reef tank more beautiful.
- E26 base,easy to install. Easily to be screwed into E26 fiting base that you have for normal lighting bulbs; 12W LED only, low wattage draw but efficient PPDF output
- PPDF of one PAR38 bulb is efficent to grow macro algae within 16"(H) x 6"(L) X 6"(W) area by testing.
- With 3-year warranty, please dont worry about the quality of the bulb. Message will be replied in 24 hours. Please Don't connect the bulb with any dimmer
Looking After Fish in an Aquarium Tank
There are two types of aquarium fish - cold water and tropical- and you will need two tanks if you intend to keep both types
There are two types of aquarium fish; cold water and tropical, if you intend to keep both types you will require two tanks.
Start with a few fish and increase the number as you gain confidence. The goldfish, the most common cold water fish, is ideal for the beginner. It grows to at least 150mm in length, has a long lifespan and is easy to keep. Other popular coldwater varieties include shubunkin, koi, oranda, black moore and Japanese rice fish. These fish can be kept at living room temperature between 10 and 23C.
A tropical tank can include many colorful species such as guppies, the iridescent neon, swordtails, platties and Siamese fighting fish. But never put two Siamese males together. They will fight to the death! Tropical fish need a heater to keep the water between 22 and 26 C.
Choosing a Tank
The size usually depends upon how many fish will be in it but as a general rule buy the biggest you can afford. A good size is 610mm x 300mm x 380mm but the most popular sizes range from 460mm to 1m long. But make sure that you have room for the size you buy.
Place it on a firm, level surface or a sturdy stand and put a layer of polystyrene ceiling tiles under its base. Cover the top with glass or clear plastic to stop dirt getting in and the fish leaping out. A cover will also reduce evaporation and help maintain an even water temperature.
Lighting can be daylight or fluorescent tubes in a hood that fits over the top of the tank. A north facing window is ideal, avoid too much sunlight and cut down the amount of light if the water turns green or if there is an excessive growth of green algae. Install an air pump with a filter to keep the water clean and to maintain a high oxygen content. Some filters incorporate an electrically driven pump and do not need an air supply.
Setting up the tank
Wash the tank with clean water and cover the bottom with 38-75mm of well-rinsed aquarium gravel, sloping it towards the front. Add some well-washed rocks, pebbles or driftwood as decorations. Plants can be plastic or live ones such as Amazon sword, Cacomba and Vallisneria. Switch on the unit for a few days to ensure it is functioning properly.
Examine the dealers stock carefully before buying your fish. Choose fish that are lively, well fed and free from blemishes. Do not overcrowd the tank. Cold-water fish need a minimum of 2 liters per 25mm of fish. Tropicals need 750mmsq surface area for every 25mm of fish. When transporting fish in a plastic bag ensure that a constant temperature is maintained to avoid the danger of shock. Float the fish in the tank in their bag for ten minutes before releasing them.
Give your fish good-quality staple food twice a day but be careful not to over feed them. They should be given no more than they can consume in five minutes. Supplement the diet with freeze-dried items. If you go away for a day or two the fish need not be fed.
Keeping fish healthy
Check the temperature of a tropical fish tank daily and keep the glass clean. Algae can be removed from the sides with an algae magnet (two magnets facing each other one on the inside and one on the outside). Remove sediment and uneaten food with a siphon tube. Both appliances are available from pet shops. Change a quarter of the water every two or three weeks. Watch for any signs of disease. The two most likely to occur are fungus, which looks like patches of cotton wool on the body and itch, which shows as white spots the size of a pinhead. Your dealer will advice on treatment.
If fish are gasping at the surface, the cause is most likely to be lack of oxygen, or too much heat. Avoid introducing parasites by disinfecting new plants and quarantining new fish in a separate tank for two or three weeks. Move fish that look unwell to a separate tank for observation. A fish with trailing feces may be constipated and should be fed on a diet with a high fiber content, but ask your dealer to advise you.