Best Aquarium Heater in 2021
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 100W for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater With Electronic Thermostat, 50-Watt
- All Tetra HT heaters have indicator lights to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and green when the proper temperature has been reached.
- The HT10 uses a built in electronic theromstat to automatically maintain water at 78° F which is ideal for most tropical fish. No adjustment is requried.
- Ideal for aquariums between 2 to 10 gallons with hoods or glass canopies
- The HT heater is fully submersbile and can be installed vertically or horizontally. It's small footprint makes it easy to conceal behind plants or other décor.
- Please read all label information upon delivery. DO NOT plug heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside the aquarium.
Aqueon 100528589 Glass Submersible Adjustable Heaters,Black,300 W
- Precise temperature setting to 1-degree F (68-88 degrees F)
- Recommended for aquariums up to 40-Gallons
- Shatter-resistant construction, fully submersible
- LED light turns on when aquarium water is being heated; Automatic safety shut off and overheat protection
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
Marineland Precision Heater for Saltwater or Freshwater Aquariums, 150-Watt
- This 150 watt heater is for aquariums up to 40 gallons. Adjustable temperature dial allows you to set the temperature 1 degree with every click.
- Thermal Switch automatically turns off as temperature rises above an internal preset and turns back on once it cools down.
- The advanced heating element contains a mica core surrounded by a mesh heating element for superior heat transfer with enhanced durability
- Advanced mounting bracket securely attaches to glass and provides 3 window positions to view the temperature display
- Easy to view sliding scale tells the exact temperature setting. Top dial view shows the setting from an additional location.
Mylivell Aquarium Heater Submersible Auto Thermostat Heater,Fish Tank Water Heater and Adjustable Temperature with Suction Cup-50W
- High Quality: Aquarium heater made of high quality quartz glass, double seal material , advanced design, ensures safe operation.
- Adjustable Temperature: The temperature of the fish tank heater can be adjusted automatically. Temperature setting range: 20°~34°C(65° F - 93° F), and the display is easy to read.
- Fully Submersible. Power: 100W. Suggested water volume: 20gal.
- Both suiting for fresh or saltwater aquariums, provide a constant warm environment for your tropical fish to stay healthy.
- Convenient and Safe: Our aquarium heater thermostat has two suction cups for attachment to the fish tank. The polarized plug prevents electrical shock.
EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater 300W
- Fully submersible
- Thermo safey control protects against running dry
- Will automatically turn off when water level dips too low
- TruTemp dial recalibrates the heater for precise temperature regulation
- Made of shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water
- On/Off indicator light for at-a-glance monitoring
Aqueon 100106251 Preset Aquarium Heater,Black, 50W
- Preset to 78°, accurate to +/- 1°
- No adjustment required
- Shatter resistant
- Auto shut-off
- LED light turns on when aquarium water is being heated
Hygger 300W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 30-60 Gallon
- 🐠【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 300W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 7.7 inch, 300W submersible heater for fish tank 30-60 Gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating
- 🐠【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it's very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck
- 🐠【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer
- 🐠【Fully Submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it's easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible
UPMCT Aquarium Heater, 100W Submersible Fish Tank Heater with Thermometer Strip Adjust Knob Thermostat, Suitable for 15 to 25 Gallons (100W)
- 【Quality Assurance】High-purity thick quartz explosion-proof crystal tube is used on the surface, there will be no rust spots, causing heavy metal damage to the fish. The double sealing waterproof can also prevent electric leakage, the fish will not be electrocuted due to leakage of the product. A heating guard with a high suction cup is provided as a gift, and the fish will not be burnt due to the fish touching the aquarium heater. Keep your fish live in a carefree warmth at any time!
- 【Wide Range Of Temperature Adjustment】Bimetallic material, precise temperature control. Adjustable temperature ranges from 68°F to 94°F(20°C - 34°C), and you can choose the coziest temperature for your fish. (The suitable temperature range for most tropical fish is 76°F to 80°F/24°C -27°C ). At the same time, a temperature sticker is attached to the fish tank, allowing you to intuitively detect temperature changes at any time, so that you can use it with more confidence.
- 【Suitable For 5-85 Gallon Tanks】50W aquarium heater is suitable for a 5 to 15 gallon tank, 100W aquarium heater is suitable for a 15 to 25 gallon tank. 300W aquarium heater is suitable for a 50 to 85 gallon tank. It is suitable for fresh water and sea water! Please confirm the wattage, tank capacity and other details before purchasing to select the aquarium heater with appropriate wattage.
- 【Easy To Install】Can be installed vertically or horizontally, but the aquarium heater must be completely submerged in water. We also recommend placing it near a strong water flow, where the outlet of the mains filter is ideal, so that the temperature of the entire aquarium is the same.
- 【How To Use】Immerse the aquarium heater completely into the aquarium or tank, wait for 10-15 minutes to let the internal temperature adapt to the actual water temperature in the tank. Then twist the thermostat knob, adjust the temperature to 68°-94°F and then connect to the power supply.
Fluval M 200-Watt Submersible Heater
- Built in reflective technology mirrors the surrounding colors, making the heater blend into your aquarium environment
- Shock resistant Borosilicate glass; High density ceramic heat sick
- Slim profile tube for easy placement; Easy to install
- Exceptional performance and unsurpassed reliability
- Suitable for aquariums up to 65 gallons; 200 watts; 3 year warranty
Make the Best of Your Water Heater by Using Dip Tubes
If you've ever gone into the shower expecting a hot bath only to be hit with a gush of cold water, then you know it is not a nice experience. In this article, you will learn about dip tubes and how they can make the best of your water heater.
A water heater has to have cold water pumped into it and then heated right in the heater itself. A water inlet is usually at the top of the water heater and lets in cold water which is then heated. The result of this process is that water being pumped in could reduce the warmth of the water already heated. That's where a dip tube is useful. A dip tube is a long plastic tube which is inserted into the water heater and has the purpose of ensuring that the cold water in pumped into the heater at the bottom of the heater.
The dip therefore ensures that, as hot water rises above cold water, the water you get to use remain hot while the freshly pumped water remains at the bottom until it is heated. However, in the event that the dip tube breaks, the cold water then enters at the top of the heater and results in you getting an unwanted cold bath.
In some cases, the dip tube is not necessary such as where the cold water inlet is at the bottom like the commercial water heaters, mobile homes or as is done in some foreign countries.
Curved dip tubes:
The major difference between a standard and a curved dip tube is that with the latter, it is inserted such that the area directly beneath the tube is hit by the cold water stream such that it swirls thus preventing sediment from forming around the bottom of the water heater.
The curved dip tube also reduces the stress involved in removing sediments as all you need to do is just turn on the cold water for a few minutes and then open the drain outlet at the bottom of the water heater for the sediments to flow out. This is hardly possible with a standard dip tube as the area directly under the dip tube only is touched by the cold water.
How to install a new dip tube
1. You need to unscrew the cold water outlet line;
2. The handle of a plastic pair of pliers is then inserted into the tank inlet;
3. Expose the dip tube inside by twisting and pulling the pliers at the same time;
4. Remove any rust on the tube or the inlet to prevent difficulty in removing the dip tube;
5. There is a plastic pipe which connects your new dip tube to the cold water outlet and it is known as the nipple and on it, you have to note the direction the curved end of the dip tube is pointing. Do this when you have completely extracted the old dip tube;
6. You need to wrap the end of the nipple eight times with Teflon tape and then insert the dip tube in such a way as to ensure that it will make the water swirl the way it should.
IMPORTANT: always ask to ensure that your new water heater has a curved dip tube inserted and if not, make a choice of one which does.
Damaged dip tubes:
A break in the dip tube will cause the cold water to enter the water heater at the top instead of bottom and give you a cold bath so if that happens replace the damaged one with a curved dip tube and also make sure your plumber gets you a curved dip tube if you your heater has a sediment problem. The water heater is meant to dispense hot water but sometimes, it does dispense cold water due to some damage. It could also develop sediments at the bottom of the heater, making it dispense slightly dirty water.