Best Aquarium Light For Plants in 2023
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 24 Inch
- Aquarium LED light: Finnex planted+ 24/7 HLC LED light
- 24/7 mode: fully customizable LED sunrise & Sunset
- Plants: Plant capable grow LED bulb configuration
- Led: controllable LED Fixture with 4 bulb - Green, Red, blue, daylight
- Remote included +built in sensor
- 24 inch Aquarium LED - good for 20 and 29 gallon aquariums
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 12 to 18 Inch, 6 Watts
- Super bright, energy efficient and long lasting LEDs to produce amazing shimmer to your aquarium
- Adjustable metal brackets to fit aquarium tank from 12 inches to 18 inches
- Two lighting modes: White & Blue LEDs for daylight and Blue LEDs for nightlight
- Light Fixture: 10.3 in L x 4 in W, Fixture w/ Brackets Extend: 18 in L x 4 in W
- This product is recommended for use over panel or glass-covered aquariums
Lominie LED Aquarium Light, Saltwater Freshwater Fish Tank Light for Coral, Planted Nano Aquarium Tank
- ADJUSTMENT SYSTERM: Manual dimmer switch to dim the light from 0% to max. 360° adjustable rustproof gooseneck, the clamp is wide enough for 25mm thick glass, plastic screws won’t scratch the tank glass
- SUPERIOR CRI: COB LED provides equally-distributed illumination, strong penetrability, energy efficient and slim body to produce amazing illumination effect for planted tank.
- SOLID ALUMINUM HOUSING: Diameter 2.7 inches/7.0cm, suitable for 8"~18"(45 cm) long tank. Default 180 optical lens, plus an optional 60 degree lens for narrower tank; Excellent for freshwater and planted aquarium setups.
- HEAT DISSIPATION: Asta 20 aquarium led lamp uses quality aluminum cold forging heat sink, efficient cooling system to extend the lifespan of the LEDs.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: 12 months long-time friendly service for any trouble of our lights. Welcome to ask any questions of light, we will do our best to help you.
MingDak LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light Fixture,Full Spectrum Lighting for Freshwater Planted Aquariums,Slim & Thin Aluminum Housing,Extendable Brackets Fit 12" to 18" Fish Tank
- FULL SPECTRUM: 6500K natural light the combination of white, blue and red LEDs provide the correct spectral output for freshwater planted aquariums
- TWO LIGHT MODES: Daylight create a shimmering light that mimics the natural underwater effect of sunlight, night light allow for night time enjoyment of the aquarium.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Consuming very little electricity, use 70% less energy than fluorescent lamps and maintains brightness & color over time
- SLIM AND STURDY: the multi-chip SMD LED technology made it possible to create an incredibly powerful light with an slim and thin aluminum housing.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: Adjustable sliding docking mounting legs offer flexibility in tank sizes and can expand from 12 inches to 18 inches
Hygger 14W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (18-24 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/14W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 18 inch to 24 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
Plant Spectrum Fluval Bluetooth Freshwater Light LED (48" - 60")
- Features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Includes six unique band waves for full spectrum results
- Includes optional pre-set habitat light configurations like Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light for Planted Tanks, Full Spectrum Freshwater Fish Tank Light, 12 to 18-Inch, 12-Watt
- 6500K white LEDs and full spectrum RGB LEDs promote and support low-to-mid light level plant growth
- Improved in-line switch to reduce light damage by preventing moisture
- Extendable mounting brackets allow easy installation on a variety of aquarium widths
- LED strip light with independent White and RGB LED control
- A glass or acrylic canopy is highly recommended to extend the life of the unit by preventing moisture from affecting it
Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Freshwwater Plant Extendable (50cm - 18")
- LEDs: 22x 0.50W (1000 lumen)
- Config: 15x 10000K, 3x Actinic 460nm, 2x Red 620nm, 2x Green 520nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day / Night
- Suitable for freshwater, plants, cichlid
- 1 Year Warranty*
KZKR Upgraded Aquarium LED Light Full Spectrum 36-48 inch Hood Lamp for Freshwater Marine Plant Multi-Color Decorations Light 90-120 cm
- Full spectrum LEDs aquarium light, bring more natural light to your fish and plant. 3 optional control modes: All LEDs On / Only Blue LEDs On / Close.
- Super bright 5730SMD. High-quality LEDs for low energy dissipation. Aluminum case for faster cooling to keep long service life.
- Suitable Tank Length: 90cm/ 36inch- 120cm/ 48inch. With extendable bracket to fits your tank. Lumen: 4515. Power: 31.5- 32W.
- This light is not waterproof, please don't put it into the water.
- Package include: 1x LED Aquarium Light, 2x Extendable Brackets, 1 x Power Supply. We will check the packaging carefully before shipping, avoid the damage to the light during transit.
Guide to Buying Planted Fish Tank Lights
If you need help deciding on which planted fish tank lights you want to buy, check this guide first for some useful tips.
One thing to consider is your tank size. You want the light to be able to fit over the top of the tank, as well as provide the right wattage to gallon ratio. You are looking for a 2-5 watts per gallon ratio. Based upon what type of plants you are going to keep you should research how much power they require. If your plants require a lot of light, then it will not thrive under lower lighting.
When deciding on lighting, you should also consider the type of fixture. Compact fluorescent is a common choice, and are generally cheaper. But when getting into bigger tanks, they will eventually not be able to cover the the wattage per gallon, and buying more fixtures will be more expensive then buying one powerful fixture.
If you need a more powerful fixture look for a T-5 fixture. They are generally more expensive, but have more bulbs built in and can put out a higher output. They are usually better suited for saltwater fish tanks though, so only use these if you cannot find a solution for your specific tank.
A tip to maintaining constant light for your plants is to replace the bulbs every 6-8 months. This will keep them as bright as possible, and keep your plants thriving. You should also look into supplements for your plants as the home aquarium cannot always provide the nutrients your plants need to thrive. Enjoy!