Best Aquarium Lights in 2021
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
Hygger 14W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (18-24 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/14W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 18 inch to 24 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 12 to 18 Inch, 6 Watts
- Super bright, energy efficient and long lasting LEDs to produce amazing shimmer to your aquarium
- Adjustable metal brackets to fit aquarium tank from 12 inches to 18 inches
- Two lighting modes: White & Blue LEDs for daylight and Blue LEDs for nightlight
- Light Fixture: 10.3 in L x 4 in W, Fixture w/ Brackets Extend: 18 in L x 4 in W
- This product is recommended for use over panel or glass-covered aquariums
AQUANEAT LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for 18 inch to 24 Inch Fish Tank Fresh Water Light Multi-Color
- Fits aquarium tank from 18" to 24" in length with adjustable mounting brackets
- Light body without docking brackets: 17” L x 2.7” W. Tank thickness: No limit to rim size
- Configuration: Total 42 LEDs, 30 pcs 6500K white LED, 6pcs blue LED, 3 pcs pink LED, 3 pcs Green LED
- Mode: all lights on and all lights off
- Super bright and energy efficient LEDs, suitable for all freshwater NOTE： KEEP THE LIGHT AWAY FROM THE SPLASHING WATER
MingDak Submersible LED Aquarium Light,Fish Tank Light with Timer Auto On/Off, White & Blue LED Light bar Stick for Fish Tank, 3 Light Modes Dimmable,4W,7.5 Inch
- 3 LIGHTING MODES: The white, the bule or the white & blue light brings out the color of everything in tank,creates a wonderful aquascape. It is the best choice for main light, accent light,or replacement aquarium hood light.
- GOOD FOR PLANT & FISH: Ultra-bright 7000-7500k White LEDs and rich 460nm blue light are sufficient to grow your plant thriving.It also lights your fish in a way that really changes their color to stand out.
- BUILT-IN TIMER: The fish tank light has built-in timer and 3 timing durations, it will come on and go off at the same time every day and light up for 6 hours,10 hours or 12 hours.No need to buy extra timer.
- BUILT-IN DIMMER: There are 18 super bright leds in the 7.5 inch fish tank light, if you have over bright issues, you can adjust the brightness with the built-in dimmer for each white light and blue light.
- WATERPROOF AND EASY TO MOUNT: It is submersible and with moveable suction cups, mount the light on tank bottom or at the top, attach it into the tank any angle or even outside the tank.
NICREW Fish Tank Clip on Light, Clamp Aquarium Light with White and Blue LEDs, 320LM, 7 Watts
- Allows accurate views of plants, invertebrates and fish in their natural colors
- Provides an adjustable solution to mount LED light fixtures on virtually any aquarium
- Easy to install over the aquarium glass with the included screws, with no drilling or cutting
- A durable on/off rocket switch for lighting control
- Reccomended for aquariums 2.5 to 5 gallons
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light, Full-Spectrum Fish Tank Light for Planted Tanks 18-24 Inch, 16 Watts
- 6500K white LEDs and full spectrum RGB LEDs promote and support low-to-mid light level plant growth
- Improved in-line switch to reduce light damage by preventing moisture
- Extendable mounting brackets allow easy installation on a variety of aquarium widths
- LED strip light with independent White and RGB LED control
- A glass or acrylic canopy is highly recommended to extend the life of the unit by preventing moisture from affecting it
MingDak LED Aquarium Light for Fish Tanks,18 LEDs,7.5-Inch,Output 12V/0.5A Brighter Than 5V/1A,White Lighting
- Output 12V/0.5A Brighter than 5V/1A
- Great for night viewing,Great night light and tank illuminator,cool White LEDs add a shimmering effect to your reef
- Mingdak's fish tank litht bar brings the light to the inside of your aquarium. The in-frame mounting allows you to see the light without seeing the fixture
- All are fully submersible and come with suction cups to give you endless possibilities on how to use these systems.Super water resistant
- Safe and low voltage:LED lights is 20% brighter and is designed for reliable, long-term performance
NICREW RGB Plus Aquarium Light, Freshwater Aquarium LED Light with Remote Controller, 24/7 Automated Aquarium Lighting, 36 to 48-Inch, 26W
- Gradually mimics the effect of a slow sunrise, bright daylight and gentle sunset, providing your animals with a natural lighting cycle
- Multiple weather effects including cloud cover and lightning storms
- Adjustable full spectrum of this light is perfect for strong plant growth while producing vivid colors
- 4 separate memory slots allowing users to save and access their custom colors and intensities
- The infrared equipped remotes easily allows the fixture to enter a hands free 24/7 mode, activate weather modes and customize your own colors mode
NICREW ClassicLED Gen 2 Aquarium Light, Dimmable LED Fish Tank Light with 2-Channel Control, White and Blue LEDs, High Output, Size 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
- The 2nd generation of the ClassicLED aquarium light, more LEDs and 50% brighter
- With inline LED controller, white and blue LEDs can be operated together or independently, allow you to adjust the light intensity and spectrum for your tank
- Adjustable mounting brackets to fit rimless or rimmed aquariums from 18 inches to 24 inches in length
- Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fish-only and low-high light level aquarium plants
- This product is recommended for use over glass or acrylic canopy-covered aquariums
The Cost to Run Your Fish Tank Lights
You probably want to know how much it's costing you to run your fish tank lights.
Let's say that you are running a very small light on your 20 gallon fish tank that is 15 kilowatts. You will need to take 15 kilowatts and times that by the amount of hours that the fish tank is on times by the number of days in the month. So your calculation will look something like 15 kilowatts X 6 hours a day X 30 days per week. If you calculate that out it will be 2700 watts. That will be the total number of watts that you use to run that fish tank light for one month with the light being on for 6 hours a day, every single day for the entire month.
Now you will need to take 2700 watts and divide that by 1000wh which will give you 2.70. Now you can times that by the number that you get charged per hour for your electricity. In Wisconsin, we get charged about 8 cents per kilowatt hour which means that I will pay 27 cents to run my fish tank light for the entire month. I can go outside and find a quarter in the parking lot and pay to run my fish light for an entire month. This means that it will cost me about $3.24 to run my fish tank light for 6 hours per day, every day for the entire year.
Lets see about those larger fish tanks that are saltwater fish tanks. Say for example that you have a 2 65 watt fish tank. This means that you have a total of 130 watts. Take 130 watts X 6 hours per day X 30 days per week. That will give you 23,400 watts. That is the total number of watts that you use to run that fish tank for one month with the light on 6 hours per day. If you have a timer you can set the light to be on for only 6 hours. Now you can take that 23,400 and divide it by 1000wh which will give you 23.40. Now take that amount and times that number by the amount you get charged for your electricity per hour. Wisconsin is 8 cents per hour so that would cost me $1.88 to run my saltwater fish tank all month long. As you can see, that's not very much money. Despite popular beliefs, it really doesn't cost that much to run these fish tank lights. If you live in Hawaii, where the electricty is 16 cents per house it will cost you $3.75 instead of $1.88.