10 Best Aquarium Pump
Updated on: June 2023
Best Aquarium Pump in 2023
VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump(3000L/H, 24W), Ultra Quiet Water Pump with 10ft High Lift, Fountain Pump with 5ft Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics
PULACO 50GPH 3W Mini Submersible Water Pump for Aquariums, Fish Tank,Wave Maker Pump, Pond, Fountain, Hydroponics
- Ultra Quiet Design: The relible and duarable motor does not produce much noise, giving you quiet environment.This submersible pump is designed for small to medium size aquarium, Fish tank, Pond, tabletop fountains, water gardens and hydroponic systems.
- Adjustable Flow Rate: Designed with a adjusting knob, allowing to adjust the water flow rate, the maximal flow rate can be up to 50 GPH. It can elevate column of water up to 2.0ft.
- Detachable & Cleanable: No need any tools to detach it, easy to seperate, easy to clean.
- Mini Size: The mini size makes the pump easy to hide or disguise in the water. Dimensions:1.5 x 1.5 x 1.1 inch.
- Pump Accessories : 2 Suction cups & one Nozzles & one tubing, Suction cups is great for mounting onto the glass surface. Equipped with a 0.3" diameters nozzle, and a 3.3ft free tubing come with the package.
Homasy 80 GPH (300L/H, 4W) Submersible Water Pump, Ultra Quiet for Pond, Aquarium, Fish Tank Fountain, Powerful Water Pump with 5.9ft (1.8m) Power Cord
- Ultra Quiet Design & Perfect Motor: The relible and duarable motor does not produce much noise, giving you quiet environment. It can elevate column of water up to 2.6ft ( 0.8m). (Make sure to connect a water pipe to the smallest nozzle , make sure the joint sealed securely and tightly).
- Adjustable Flow Rate: Designed with a adjusting knob, allowing to adjust the water flow rate, the maximal flow rate can be up to 80GPH(300L/H).
- Detachable & Cleanable: No need any tools to detach it, easy to seperate, easy to clean.
- Compact & Mini Size: The mini size makes the pump easy to hide or disguise in the water. Suction cups is great for mounting onto the glass surface. Dimensions:1.87in x 1.68in x 1.24in (47mm x 43mm x 30mm).
- Multifunction & Two Nozzles: This submersible pump is designed for small to medium size aquarium, tabletop fountains, water gardens and hydroponic systems. Equipped with two nozzles, one is 8.5mm diameters, the other is 13mm, providing different water flow effects.
Tetra 77848 Whisper Air Pump 20 to 40 Gallons, for Aquariums, Quiet, Powerful Airflow
- POWERFUL Tetra Whisper Air Pump provides dependable airflow to your aquarium
- QUIET Patented dome shape suspended motor and sound-dampening chambers for quiet operation
- ELIMINATES VIBRATION Designed with a wide footprint and rubber feet
- AVAILABLE SIZES Select the proper size for your tank – 10 20 and 40-gallon pumps have single air outlets 60 and 100-gallon pumps feature dual outlets
Hygger 800GPH Quiet Submersible and External 24V Water Pump, with Controller (30%-100% Settings), Powerful Return Pump for Fish Tanks, Aquariums, Ponds, Fountains, Sump, Hydroponics (25W, 9.8ft)
- 🐠【Demension & Specifications】Powerful and ultra quiet water return pump. Input voltage: 100-240V 50/60HZ. Output voltage: DC 24V. Pump Dimension (LxWxH): 6.2 x 3.1 x 5 inch. Cord length from the pump to controller is 6ft, the power cord length is 6.6ft. Wattage/flow/head: 25W/800GPH/9.8ft head. Please look the chart for each models
- 🐠【 Auto Shut Off When No Water】 Plug the power to turn this water pump on, unplug the power to turn it off. It is protected in case there's no water, the pump will auto shut off when no water is sensed or water gets too low. Comes with 2 kinds of removable water intake screens,1 for normal water level and the other for low water level (higher than 0.8inch)
- 🐠【Adjustable Flow Speed】This aquarium water pump has an external Led display controller, with 71 flow speed settings, you can control the flow rate from 30% to 100% of the top speed flow. 3 buttons on the controller: "Up" "Down" "Pause"
- 🐠【Internal & External Use】 Hygger dcp water pump can be ran externally or be submerged. Please note the controller is not waterproof, must be placed indoors. The pond pump comes with screws, o rings, pipe connection fittings. You can connect 1" or 3/4" pipes to this pond pump
- 🐠【Durable Water Pump】Wear-resistant ceramic shaft and magnetic drive makes this water pump a long service life. No copper element, can be used for fresh water or salt water
Tetra Whisper Easy to Use Air Pump for Aquariums (Non-UL), Up to 10-Gallons
- For use in 10-Gallon aquariums
- Whisper air pumps provide reliable service at an economical cost
- Efficient and easy to use
KEDSUM 550GPH Submersible Pump(2500L/H, 40W), Ultra Quiet Water Pump with 5ft High Lift, Fountain Pump with 6.5ft Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics
- 【Specifications】Max Flow Rate: 550 GPH(2500L/H), Max Lift height: up to 5 Feet. The 6.5ft long power cord offers convenient installation.
- 【Ultra Quiet】This Submersible water pump is designed for reliability and ultra-quiet operation to provide years of service，energy-saving and low power consumption.(Power: 40 W,Voltage: 110V)
- 【Perfect size】This profile size aquarium pump is great to hide or disguise (Dimensions:3.75"(H)*4.7"(L)*2.75"(W)). Come with 4 strong suction cups at the bottom of the pump, easy to mount it onto the glass surface either vertically or horizontally.
- 【3 Outlet Adapters】Equipped with 3 Outlet Adapters ,one is 0.51inch, one is 0.75inch,and the other one is 0.87inch, providing different water flow effects. This submersible pump is ideal for fresh-water, salt-water, can be applied in aquarium, fountains, spout, hydroponic and pond.
- 【Detachable and Cleanable】No need any tools to detach it, easy to seperate, easy to clean. KEDSUM provide 1 year manufactured warranty for all submersible water pump. Any question of the pump, pls send email us at [email protected]
Jebao DCP Sine Wave Water Return Pump (DCP-5000)
- 2017 latest DCP return pump from Jebao, improved from the DCT model
- High performance motor with innovation electronics, and energy saving up to 50% than old model
- No Copper components , safety on your tank! Internal Use Only!
- Super Quiet Operation and Memory Function for Power Supply Off to recall memory
- Power: 40-watt 110-120V 60Hz, Max Flow: 1450gph, Max head: 13ft, Dimension: 7x4x5 inch
AQUANEAT 80 GPH Submersible Water Pump Adjustable Powerhead Aquarium Fish Tank Fountain Hydroponic
- Maximum flow rate: 80 GPH (300L/H); H-Max (Lift height): 2 feet
- OPTIOANL 2 OUTLETS: Fits 5/16"or 1/2"ID (inside diameter) tubing
- DIMENSION: 2" x1.75" x1.25"(L x W x H), Length of power cord: 4 feet
- WIDE APPLICATION: Circulate and aerate the water, making it more attractive to your fish or turtles. Perfect for aquarium, fountains, spout and hydroponic systems, etc
- NOTE: Must be completely submersed under water
KEDSUM 880GPH Submersible Pump(3500L/H, 100W), Ultra Quiet Water Pump with 13ft High Lift, Fountain Pump with 5.9 ft Power Cord, 3 Nozzles for Fish Tank, Pond, Aquarium, Statuary, Hydroponics
- ★Powerful Speed Flow: Max Flow Rate: 880 GPH per hour(3500L/H), Max Lift Height: up to 10 Feet.(Length of power cord:5.9ft)
- ★Ultra Quiet: This water pump is designed for reliability and ultra-quiet operation to provide years of service, energy-saving and low power consumption.(Power: 100 W,Voltage: 110V)
- ★Perfect size: This profile size water pump is great to hide or disguise (Dimensions: 5.1"(H)*5.1"(L)*3.9"(W)).With no seals or messy oils ,the suction cups mounting feet for either vertical or horizontal mounting.
- ★3 Outlet Adapters: Equipped with 3 Outlet Adapters ,one is 0.51inch，one is 0.63inch ,and the other is 0.75inch, providing a different water flow as you desired.This submersible pump is ideal for fresh-water, salt-water, can be applied in aquarium, fountains, spout, hydroponic and pond.
- ★Detachable and Cleanable: The water pump is easy to detach to clean. [NOTE: This water pump is metric threads. Pump metric threaded fit for vinyl tubing, need a 13mm metric to 0.5" NPT Adapter to fit for standard 1/2" threaded PVC fitting.]
Repairing the Water Pump on a Small Outboard Motor
Repairing an outboard motor water pump by replacing the impeller is not a difficult task however it does require a methodical, careful approach. If done properly the new impeller will give you many years of service.
If, on the other hand, the engine is overheating, repair is required immediately since serious, irreversible, damage can occur. To understand the nature of the problem we will look at an older, small 3.9 hp Mercury outboard. The engine is water-cooled and therefore should always be run when the lower unit is in the water whether it is on a boat or in a water test barrel. If the flow of water to the power head ceases, due to any reason, the motor can, and most likely will, overheat. When a reciprocating engine overheats the metals in the cylinders, cylinder head and engine block heat and expand at different rates. This can lead to the engine seizing up and stopping or scoring of the cylinder walls with a resulting loss of compression. These are examples of irreversible changes and can be very costly and sometimes impossible to resolve depending on the age of the motor and the availability of parts. As an owner you should be aware of how your motor sounds and acts when it is running normally so that if any symptoms arise you will be aware of them and can initiate the repair of your outboard motor.
The Mercury engine in this case is cooled by an impeller type water pump located in the lower unit in the vicinity of the propeller. The typical water pump failure mode is for the rubber impeller to break leading to the pump no longer capable of circulating cooling water. When this happens the power head will heat up in use leading to the failure modes previously mentioned. When operating the engine if the performance becomes sluggish, or you feel heat radiating from the power head you should shut the engine off immediately and investigate further. You should be aware from previous observation that on the upper back or side of the engine is a small tell tale outlet that emits a stream of water when the pump is working correctly and the water path is not obstructed. If the water ever ceases to flow from that hole when the engine is operating stop the motor immediately and investigate further.
The water flow can stop due to plugged inlet screens found in the lower unit of the engine. A disintegrating impeller can also emit chunks of rubber that can block the flow of cooling water. These things as well as the condition of the impeller should be investigated if you suspect overheating.
To inspect the impeller remove the engine cowling, disconnect the spark plug wire and remove the spark plug. This will prevent accidental firing of the engine and make it easier to rotate the crankshaft. Leave the engine in neutral and remove the two large bolts holding the bottom of the lower unit to the lower part of the engine. These bolts are in the area of the prop. With the bolts removed, gently lower the lower unit and remove it from the engine. The long drive shaft will be attached along with a shorter gearshift shaft. Position the unit upright blocking it with wood in a vise to hold it steady. The drive shaft is seen to enter a small cup like cover held in place by several bolts. Remove these and lift the cover, removing it from the shaft. This will reveal the water pump innards. There will be a circular cup perhaps ¾" deep and in the cup should be a rubber paddle like part with multiple flexible arms. This can be lifted out of the cup and off of the crankshaft. When this impeller fails most often it is found that one or more of these arms has broken off. You should look for all the arms so that you can reconstruct the impeller to make sure that you have all the pieces removed. If they can't be accounted for it is possible they are or will block the cooling line that is the shorter pipe that comes out of the pump in a vertical position.
Once the pieces are recovered use a compressor to verify that the cooling line going up to the engine block is open. If it is not open there may be a more serious problem that merely replacing the impeller will not solve. The water pipe from the water pump goes up to the power head. Where it interfaces with the power head there is a plastic bushing. If the engine has gotten too hot this bushing will melt and seal off the water path. To access the bushing for replacement requires unbolting the power head, replacing the bushing and installing a power head gasket. This repair procedure is beyond the scope of this article.
Assuming the water line is open and the parts of the impeller have been removed it is time to install a new impeller. You'll notice the impeller hub has a keyway, which must be installed such that it meshes with the pin on the power shaft. Make sure all the arms of the impeller are seated properly and bolt down the cap. Pay attention to the torque on this head since in most models it is plastic and over torquing will deform and damage the top of the water pump assembly.
After the water pump is sealed install the lower unit back on the engine. Make sure the gearshift rod is engaged with the mating shift tube up inside the lower unit. In addition the power shaft and the water pipe must be properly aligned and inserted in their mating receptacles. Once done verify the engine shifts properly and finally apply the proper torque to the two nuts holding the lower unit in place.
Repairing the water pump by replacing the impeller is not a difficult task however it does require a methodical, careful approach. If done properly the new impeller will give you many years of service.