Best Aquarium Substrate For Plants And Shrimp in 2021
Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum, 8.8-Pound
CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black
- Complete substrate for freshwater planted aquariums
- Contains major and minor trace elements to nourish aquarium plants
- Substrate encourages healthy plant root growth
Flourite Dark, 7 kg / 15.4 lbs
- The premium substrate for the Planted Aquarium
- Specially fracted, stable porous clay gravel for the natural planted aquarium
- Its appearance is best suited to planted aquaria, but may be used in any aquarium environment
- Never needs replacement and remains effective for the life of the Aquarium
- Not chemically coated or treated and will not alter the pH of the water
Seachem Flourite Black Clay Gravel - Stable Porous Natural Planted Aquarium Substrate 15.4 lbs
- GRAVEL: Seachem Flourite Black is a specially fracted stable porous clay gravel for the natural planted aquarium. Its appearance is best suited to planted aquaria, but may be used in any freshwater aquarium environment.
- AQUARIUM BED: Gravel modifiers such as laterite are not necessary when using Seachem Flourite Black as this product is most effective when used alone as an integral substrate bed, but it may be mixed with other gravels.
- SET-UP: When adding water to the aquarium, fill slowly to avoid disturbing Flourite Black substrate bed. Place a bowl in the aquarium and add water directly to the bowl, allowing water to overflow softly on to the gravel bed. Initial cloudiness is normal, but to remove this simply use mechanical filtration
- COMPATIBLE: Flourite Black substrates will work fine with an under gravel filter and will not soften or decompose to an unsuitable state within your tank.
- SAFETY: Seachem Flourite Black is not chemically coated or treated, thus does not alter the pH of the water. Flourite Black is beneficial for the life of the aquarium and need not be replaced.
Aqueon Plant & Shrimp Aquarium Substrate, 5 lbs, Standard
- Promotes the growth of a wide variety of freshwater plants
- For use with freshwater shrimp, snails and tropical fish
- Made from clay based material, great for aquascaping
- Available in 5 pound bags
Flourite, 7 kg / 15.4 lbs
- Rinse right in the bag
- All natural Porous clay
- For Planted Aquarium
Mr. Aqua N-MAR-066 1 L Fine Pet Habitat Water Plant Soil
- Composed of organic and inert ingredients providing all essential elements
- Long lasting fertilized plant substrate lasting up to 12-18 months
- Prolongs water exchange periods
- One bag Covers approximately 12" x 6" at 1" deep or 6" x 6" at 2" deep.
- Black in Color
U.P. Aqua Shrimp Sand
- Small uniform grain sizes
- Contains trace minerals vital for shrimps
- Easy to maintain, great for breeding
- The Package Weight Of The Product Is 4.4 Pounds
Landen Aqua Soil Black - Normal 5L
- Ideal substrate for most aquatic plants, provides healthy plant root system and for shrimps requiring softer water
- Developed for cultivation of aquatics plants and is also suitable substrate for shrimps. It provides fundamental minerals and trace elements, which promote the health and growth of shrimps.
- Made from specially processed natural material from the earth
- Soil does not require rinsing and can be used directly in aquarium.
- Black Color, Normal 3-5mm grain size, Volume 5L Per Bag, Approximate weight 10 lbs (1 Bag 5L)
Plant Spectrum Fluval Bluetooth Freshwater Light LED (48" - 60")
- Features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Includes six unique band waves for full spectrum results
- Includes optional pre-set habitat light configurations like Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted
Tile can be applied to numerous surfaces. Do you have the right support or substrate for your tile?
Drywall This common building material comes in a variety of applications from moisture resistant drywall to paperless. A core of synthetic gypsum and recycled polymers and paper fibers are pressed into sheets of varying lengths. It is then wrapped with paper, a composite polymer or fiberglass, depending upon the application.
Drywall or gypsum board can be used as a substrate for tile very easily. However, it should not be used for wet locations, even if the drywall is of the "Green Board" type. Whether drywall is water resistant or not, when gypsum gets wet, it disintegrates molds and decays.
Backer board This tile substrate is one of the most commonly used and performs well under all conditions. Wet or dry, floor or walls, indoors or out, cementious substrates like cement backer boards work well in any location and are favored by tile contractors.
A cementious backer board requires galvanized screws for installation, followed by an elastic seam sealer and fiberglass tape. Since most backer boards are made with fibrous mats and waterproof additives that make this tile substrate durable and waterproof, preventing any rot, mold, mildew or decay.
Cement/Mortar More and more is mortar and concrete becoming the perfect tile substrate. Whether it is a simple monolithic concrete slab or a waterproof membrane backfilled with self leveling mortar, cement and mortar bonds very well with ceramic and other tiles. The oldest of all tile substrates, mortar and concrete are simply sand, water, Portland cement. With the addition of hydrated lime and other curatives, mortar and cement tile substrates can be applied in a wide variety of locations.
In combination with a waterproof membrane and mortar, tile can easily be set on any number of surfaces including plywood. This combination of materials creates a movable surface for the ever expanding plywood, while maintaining a solid and unmovable substrate to bond tile and grout permanently.