Best Bacteria Starter For Freshwater Aquarium in 2022
API QUICK START Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Nitrifying Bacteria 4-Ounce Bottle
Brightwell Aquatics ABABAC2L Microbacter7 Liquid Water Conditioners for Aquarium, 67-Ounce, 2L
- Establishes biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups
- Reduces nitrogen, nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, ammonia & organic carbon in all marine and freshwater aquariums with extremely effective microbes and enzymes
- Veterinarian Pathologist tested and recommended
- Made in the USA
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Fluval Biological Enhancer for Aquarium, 8.4-Ounce
- Powerful team of beneficial bacteria immediately inoculates aquarium water
- Creates a safe biological habitat for your fish
- Eliminates ammonia and nitrite
- Will not harm plants; animals or humans
- Size: 8.4 oz.
MarineLand Bio-Spira Freshwater Bacteria, for Starting New Aquariums
- START A NEW AQUARIUM INSTANTLY Beneficial Marineland Bio-Spira Freshwater Bacteria prevents new tank syndrome and instantly cycles new aquariums when dosed as directed
- IDEAL FOR Use when adding new fish for filter maintenance and during monthly water changes
- ADVANCED NITRIFIERS Removes harmful ammonia and nitrate from aquarium water
- REDUCES SLUDGE Includes heterotropic cleaner bacteria for a clear healthy aquarium
- MAINTENANCE Add monthly as directed to replenish and boost beneficial bacteria
Tetra 77960 SafeStart, 15-Gallon, 50-ml, 1.69-Ounce
- Treats up to 100 gallons as maintenance to boost bacteria (use during filter cartridge changes or when treating your aquarium)
- For new aquariums, it will fully cycle a 20 gallon aquarium
- Patented live bacteria allow immediate addion of fish in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- SafeStart acceleratesthe establishment of the bio-filter in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- The live bacteria start working immediately to provide a safe and healthy environment for your fish without a long wait
Seachem Stability Fish Tank Stabilizer - For Freshwater and Marine Aquariums 500 ml
- TANK STABILIZATION: Seachem Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome".
- TREATMENT: Stability is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- BACTERIA GROWTH: The necessary conditions for the growth of Stability's bacteria strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the unknown death of an organism), Stability simply becomes more effective.
- USE: Shake Seachem Stability well before use and turn off UV/ozone filter. Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days.
- SAFE: The bacteria employed by Stability are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of overuse.
Glosso Factory Dry Format Bacteria 50g Treats 7100 gallons Fresh Water Aquariums
- 90-95 Strains of Beneficial Nitrifying Bacteria, 8.5 billion CFU/g
- 50 grams treats 7100 gallons
- Easy measuring scoop included; 1 scoop, 0.15cc contains 1.25 billion CFU/g nitrifying bacteria
- Contains Both Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter Strains to Synergistically Convert Ammonia to Nitrite and Nitrite to Nitrate
- For freshwater aquariums. Use for feeding as “Shrimp Bacteria”. For best results do not use for “fishless” cycle in new aquariums
Fluval Biological Enhancer for Aquariums, 4-Ounce
- Immediately establishes safe biological aquarium environment
- Powerful responsive ammonia and nitrite elimination
- Prevents fish loss
- Allows immediate introduction of fish
- For Fresh and Saltwater Use
Tetra SafeStart, 3.38 Ounce, For Newly Set-Up Fish Aquariums
- PREVENTS NEW TANK SYNDROME Accelerates of the establishment of healthy bacteria in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- REDUCES TOXINS Helps remove dangerous levels of ammonia and nitrite
- FAST-ACTING Starts working immediately to provide a healthy environment for new fish without a long wait
- USAGE Treat when setting up a new aquarium after a water or filter change when adding new fish or after medication
API AQUARIUM START UP PACK Water Conditioner 1.25-Ounce Bottle 2-Pack
- Contains one (1) API AQUARIUM START UP PACK Water Conditioner 1.25-Ounce Bottle 2-Pack
- Makes tap water safe for fish and reduces fish stress.
- Starts aquarium cycle and allows instant addition of fish.
- Comes with two API products, STRESS COAT and QUICK START, for a healthy start-up aquarium.
- Use when starting a new aquarium, changing water, or adding fish. Add STRESS COAT first and then QUICK START.
Free Freshwater Lobsters Are Called Crawfish or Mudbugs
Crawfish are in the lobster family and taste marvelous. It is easy to build a crawfish trap and catch live crawfish.
In many parts of the world, crawfish are still overlooked as a food source. Just as some people would not consider eating a grasshopper even though it's an excellent source of protein, they don't consider eating crawfish. Rivers and creeks that at one time were regularly scoured for crawfish by hungry pioneers haven't been trapped for crawfish in a hundred years. Even in crowded cities freshwater, free lobsters abound under bridges in and around water. A free-range crawfish in the final stages of its lifecycle is huge compared to its farmed raised relatives.
Free, freshwater lobsters or crawfish are only free if you catch them yourself. A link in the sources part of this article will take you to complete plans for building a crawfish trap. They are made of a material called cloth wire, which is fairly inexpensive and available in hardware stores. The process of building a crawfish trap is so easy anyone can build one, but it's recommended that you use a quality brand of wire cutter and be extremely careful around the sharp edges of cut wire cloth. A crimping tool that uses small curved links is faster and easier than tying the crawfish trap together with wire. It's also a good idea to have a good, thin nylon rope to tie to the crawfish trap in case you want to throw it over debris in a creek or river or even a ditch that's too wild to safely walk near.
Once you've got a mess of crawfish or free, freshwater lobsters then it's time to cook. Crawfish are dumped into a big pot of boiling water just like their saltwater cousin lobsters. The seafood department in grocery stores will have all the spices needed to add flavor to the mudbugs. And why not throw in some red potatoes, ears of corn, and whatever else you fancy into the boiling water? Once everything's cooked you can spread out an old newspaper on a picnic table and have an old fashioned crawfish boil.