Best Betta Fish Tank Setup in 2021
Tetra LED Cube Shaped 3 Gallon Aquarium with Pedestal Base
Koller Products AquaView 2-Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter and LED Lighting - AQ360-24C
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color selections to brightly illuminate your fish, choose daylight white, blue, green, amber, aqua, purple, or red.
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies aquarium water at a flow rate of 25 gallons per hour, effectively removing organic pollutants including colors, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases, uses Tetra Whisper XS replacement cartridges.
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass; all the while providing leak-proof assurance, unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this one-piece tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks
- Easy to set up and maintain, this trendy fish tank will look good wherever you place it. Takes 3 AAA batteries (not included); optional Koller Products 5V Power Adapter (AQ51000) enables light to be plugged into household electrical outlet, (available online). Dimensions: 10.2" DIA x 10.5" H.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Dedicated to serving our customers, need help or a replacement part, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for fast, friendly service.
Marineland Portrait Glass LED aquarium Kit, 5 Gallons, Hidden Filtration
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- DAYLIGHT/MOONLIGHT LIGHTING: Bright white LEDs create a shimmering sunlight effect; blue LEDs produce a moonlit glow.
- EASY ACCESS: Hinged LED lighting and sliding glass canopy.
- SIZE: 5-gallon aquarium fits Marineland Rite-Size Z Filter Cartridges.
- HIDDEN FILTRATION: Advanced, 3-stage filtration is out of sight, enhancing aquarium viewing.
Penn Plax Cascade 20 Power Filter â€“ Mini Hang-On Filter with Quad Filtration â€“ Great for Freshwater and Saltwater Setups
- QUIET & EFFICIENT: The Cascade 20 Mini Power Hang-On Filter quietly delivers crystal clear water throughout the aquarium. This filter pushes water at 20 Gallons per Hour (GPH) for tanks up to 7 Gallons in size. It’s great for Freshwater and Saltwater aquariums.
- ACCOMMODATING: The adjustable flow knob allows for increased or decreased water flow at will, which is extremely helpful during feeding times, or use it as needed. The hang-on design is constructed for safe mounting. With a provided extension piece, the lift tube measures between 5” (min) and 6 1/2” (max).
- EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL: This Cascade filter utilizes disposable, double-sided media cartridges that contain Activated Carbon and Poly Fiber Floss. The included cartridge traps floating particulate matter, removes harmful chemicals and toxins, clears up discolorations, and reduces foul odors from your aquarium’s water.
- OVERALL MEASUREMENTS: 4. 5” (H) x 3. 75” (W) x 3” (D)
- SHOP PENN-PLAX FOR ALL YOUR PET’S NEEDS: Penn-Plax is a manufacturer and distributor of top quality pet supplies, who specialize in creating excellent pet products for animals, both great and small.
Aqueon 100527256 Fish Tank Aquarium LED Kit, 10 Gallon
- Low profile full hood contains vibrant cool white LED lighting to bring your aquatic environment to life
- QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter has a red LED light that flashes to indicate when it’s time to change the cartridge – no more guessing!
- Preset heater will keep your aquarium temperature at a constant 78 degrees, appropriate for most tropical fish
- Complete setup guide included
- Complete aquarium kit includes: 10 gallon glass aquarium, low profile LED full hood, QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter with medium cartridge, 50W preset heater, premium fish food, water conditioner, fish net, stick-on thermometer
GloFish Aquarium Kit 1.5 Gallons, Easy Setup and Maintenance, Perfect Starter Tank
GloFish Aquarium Gravel 5 Pounds, Black with Fluorescent Accents, Complements Tanks
- aquarium GRAVEL: GloFish aquarium Gravel creates a colorful base for all your GloFish ornaments.
- RANGE OF COLORS: Choose pink, green, white, black with fluorescent accents, or a mix of colors.
- BASK IN THE GLOW: Fluorescent-accented gravel stands out under GloFish blue LED lights.
- HIGHLIGHTS YOUR TANK: Use as a substrate or accent, along with GloFish plants and ornaments (sold separately).
- EXPERIENCE THE GLO: GloFish fluorescent fish and products create a complete underwater fluorescent experience.
Tetra ColorFusion Starter aquarium Kit 3 Gallons, Half-Moon Shape, With Bubbler And Color-Changing Light Disc
- aquarium KIT Half-moon shape allows 180-degree panoramic viewing – starter kit has everything you need
- BUBBLE CURTAIN Bubbling disc automatically cycles through a rainbow of LED light colors
- INCLUDES FILTER Includes air pump-driven Tetra Whisper Internal Power Filter to keep your tank clean and provide a healthy environment for pet fish
- AIR PUMP Drives both the bubbling disc and the filter
- CONVENIENT Clear canopy has a hole for easy feeding
Koller Products AquaView 2.5 gallon Fish Tank - Power Filter - LED Lighting (AP25000FFP)
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color choices to brightly illuminate your fish; choose daylight White, Blue, green, amber, aqua, Purple, or Red. Includes built-in timer, Set your LED light to come on at the same time every day, timer enables you to select light settings of 2 hours, 4 hours or continuous on easily with a flick of your finger.
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies Aquarium water at a flow rate of 25 gallons per hour, effectively removing organic pollutants (including colors, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases), uses Tetra Whisper XS replacement cartridges.
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass; all the while providing leak-proof assurance, unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this one-piece Tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks.
- Easy to set up and maintain, this trendy fish Tank will look good wherever you place it. Dimensions: 9. 5"L x 8. 3"W x 11. 5"H.
- 100% satisfaction . Dedicated to serving our customers, need help or a replacement part Please contact us at customercare@kollerproducts for fast, friendly service.
- Included Components: Tetra Filter Cartridge
Koller Products AquaView 6 Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter & LED Lighting
- Are you looking to buy an aquarium for your children? If you are, you are going to want to look at this fish Tank. Owning an aquarium can be a really fun and rewarding experience and an ideal way to teach your child the responsibility of pet ownership
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color selections to brightly illuminate your fish, choose daylight White, Blue, green, amber, aqua, Purple, or Red
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies Aquarium water at a flow rate of 45 gallons per hour effectively removing organic pollutants including discoloration, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases. Uses Tetra Whisper small replacement filter cartridges
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass; all the while providing leak-proof assurance, unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this one-piece Tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks. Dimensions: 11 Dia x 19.8 H inches
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you need a part or help, please contact us at email@example.com for fast, friendly service
Betta Fish That are Tail Biters
Have a Betta that just won't quit biting his tail? Are you at your wit's end? Stop, take a deep breath, and then read this article.
If your Betta's tail was perfectly fine one minute, and the next pieces were missing, more than likely you are dealing with a tail biter. To be sure of this, watch his tail for a few days and observe any signs of blackness around the tail edge and for fins that begin to shred and fray. If that occurs, you are dealing with fin rot and will have to read one of my other articles for help. If shredding and fraying does not occur, you can be sure you have a tail biter.
First we're going to discuss its causes. No one is really sure what causes a Betta to turn on its on tail as if it were lunch. Some suggest boredom. Betta's are smart fish and without adequate attention from you, or things that they can play with and hide in, many Betta's will become bored and this leads to them taking their aggression out on themselves.
Other Betta's seem to use tail biting when they're nervous or scared. Seeing another Betta nearby might cause a Betta that's never resorted to tail biting before launch a full out attack on his tail, and his long beautiful fins are gone before you know. It's important to watch your Betta and understand his habits and personality before you can decide what treatment is best for your finned friend.
Once your Betta has bitten his tail, it's important to keep optimal conditions so their fins do not become infected which can later lead to fin rot. Clean water is always the first line of defense against infections. Take your Betta from his tank and clean the tank thoroughly with hot water, remembering never to use soap, bleach or other detergents. Hot water is good enough. Once the tank is at the right condition, replace your Betta in his tank. If you'd like extra protection against possible infections, adding a bit of aquarium salt to the water is ok. Just remember not to over do it. A third line of defense is adding a product called Melafix to the water. Melafix is made from natural products and contains tea tree oil; it helps with rapid regeneration of fins. It helps heal cuts and other wounds as well. In a sense, it's Neosporin for fish. Purchase an eye dropper for this as the bottles do not have a dosage cup.
Once you start to see some fin regrowth, you want to take steps to make sure he doesn't go postal and start tail biting again. If your Betta doesn't get to see you often, and seems to tail bite because of excess aggression, a small mirror can be placed in front of their tank for 10-15 minutes a day so they can flare and help work off any steam they may have built up during the day. If you have other Betta's near by, let him see them and flare at them for awhile. Careful not to let it last too long as too much mirror or other flare time can lead to tail biting in some Betta's. Watch him carefully and if things seem to be getting to him, remove the mirror and allow him time to calm down.
If your Betta turns to tail biting because of anxiety, make sure to arrange his tank so he has plenty of hiding places. Plants (live or artificial) as well as caves and other hiding holes will make him feel more secure. Arrange this so he has plenty of places to retreat if startled, but yet in a way that allows him to peak out and watch what is going on outside his tank. If there is another Betta nearby that seems to be causing him distress, limit all possibilities of the two seeing each other. Move a tank or both, place paper or another object in their line of views, or add decorations to each tank to limit their view of each other. If you opt to move a tank, remember that the tank should not be placed in direct sunlight, near heating/air vents, or in high traffic areas, especially if your Betta is a nervous fish.
Observing your fish's behavior is rather important to prevent tail biting and other health issues. Owners who keep a close eye on pets can usually spot when something is not right. If you know your pet, you can spot tail biting before it begins and can limit the instances of it occurring again. If you catch a biter before he bites, you'll ensure he keeps his long beautiful tail, and that infections will never occur which are definitely harder to combat than a biter.