Best Coral For Aquarium in 2021
Carib Sea ACS00110 Crushed Coral for Aquarium, 10-Pound
Nature's Ocean 12-Inch Coral Base Rocks for Aquarium, 40-Pound
- Aquarium Decorations used for Conserving Natural Reefs
- Perfect for Coral Farming, Culturing Live Rocks & Growing Live Coral
- Rapidly adapts to live environment & Will not affect the cycling of your tank
- Naturally porous Biological Filter, Free of Biofilm & Perfect for aquascaping
- Soaked in deep water well to prevent leeching
Pawliss Aquarium Decor Fish Tank Decoration Coral Soft Red Small
- Lifelike coral ornament. Once it's in the tank you can't even tell it's made of plastic.
- Vibrant colors. Add life to your aquarium.
- Decorate your aquarium all the time with minimum maintenance
- Main body, made of plastic. Base, made of ceramic. Non-toxic material. Safe for fish.
- Item size, about 7" x 7-1/2"
Top Fin Medium Coral Aquarium Ornament
- This Coral Aquarium decoration is colorful, full of different species of coral, and perfect for your Fish Tank!
- Perfect Aquarium Ornament for mid-size tanks
- Made out of high quality resin material
- Measures 6.5″ x 7″ x 5.5″
Danmu 1pc Glowing Effect Artificial Coral Plant Ornaments, Aquarium Coral Decor for Fish Tank Aquarium Decoration (Yellow)
- Made of Eco-friendly silicone and resin material, nontoxic, odorless and durable. Do no harm to your fish
- This Danmu glowing coral simulates a fantastic sea world view, adding unique landscape and vitality to your fish tank
- Please note: this coral is not a luminous type. It can't be self-luminous in dark environment. It needs to cooperate with actinic lighting. Blue or purple light is recommended
- Resin flat base makes the coral stand stable. Silicone makes it flexible, full of life. Safe for fish and suitable for fresh or salt water environments
- Danmu is a registered brand. Danmu aims to provide the best service to our customers, please buy with confidence !
Real Purple Barnacle Cluster | 5"- 7" | Aquarium Ornament Piece for Decoration | Natural Barnacle Cluster for Craft and Decor | Plus Free Nautical eBook by Joseph Rains
- YOU WILL RECEIVE - (1) Real Purple Barnacle Cluster 5"-7", plus a complimentary PDF copy of "A Practical Guide for Nautical Décor" eBook by Joseph Rains (delivered by email)
- NATURAL AND EXQUISITELY BEAUTIFUL - Since these are all natural and real, no two pieces barnacles will be identical; sizes and shapes will vary
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - These barnacles can be used in MANY different ways including custom ocean themed vases for plants, in pet terrariums, beach themed weddings/parties, or adding a piece of the ocean to any home décor!
- PERFECT PET HABITAT DÉCOR - Your pet will love this new addition to their home. It's the perfect size to fit in any tank or aquarium
- COASTAL SUMMER COLLECTION - Pair with Starfish, Urchins, and a few Shells to create a tropical look and beachy vibe in any room
Blue Ribbon EE-1763 Exotic Environments Staghorn Coral Aquarium Ornament
- Safe for all Fresh or Salt Water Aquariums
- Durable quality and non-toxic
- Detailed accurately to look like real corals
- Makes an excellent centerpiece & great gift for ocean lovers
- Measures approximately 8.75"L x 3.75"W x 10"H
Nautical Crush Trading White Resin Sea Coral Piece | Aquarium Ornament for Decoration | Sea Coral for Craft (2.5" x 4") | Plus Free Nautical Ebook by Joseph Rains (1 Pack)
- YOU WILL RECEIVE – (1) White Resin Sea Coral 2.5”x4”, plus a complimentary PDF copy of "A Practical Guide for Nautical Décor" eBook by Joseph Rains (delivered by email)
- DURABLE – Crafted with durable material and yet features a realistic texture and look
- GREAT NAUTICAL DÉCOR - Any home décor accent, sea life decor, beach themed shelf/side table displays or accent pieces
- PERFECT PET HABITAT DÉCOR - Your pet will love this new addition to his home. It is the perfect size to fit in any tank or aquarium
- ORIGINAL GIFT IDEA - Makes a great gift for any sea life enthusiast with endless decorating and decor accent combinations
Artificial Coral Ornament Underwater Sea Plants Decorations Craft Resin Aquarium Plants Coral Fish Tank Decorations - White
- Lifelike coral ornament. Once it's in the tank you can't even tell that it's made of resin.
- It's easy to clean, can be used for a long time cause it's made of plastic material.
- They are sustainable in salt and fresh water.And can be applied to aquarium, fish tank, garden, yard, hotel and landscape.
- Made of non-toxic resin, it is soft and flexible, which is safe for fishes to give them good water environment.
- Measures 19.5 x 6 x 24cm, fits for medium or large tank.
Aquarium Corals : Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History
- 700 world-class photographs
- Jam packed with great advice
- Reviewed by leading coral biologists
What is a Plenum for a Reef Aquarium and What Does it Do?
Saltwater fish and invertebrates come from a very stable environment and are much more sensitive to excessive nitrates than most freshwater species. A plenum can help control those nitrates.
Controlling waste nutrients such as nitrate in your reef aquarium is very important. Saltwater fish and invertebrates come from a very stable environment and they are much more sensitive to poor water quality than most freshwater species.
One common method of controlling waste products in a reef aquarium is to frequently change the water, replacing water full of waste nutrients like nitrates with newly made, clean saltwater. This is very effective - the contaminated water is diluted by the new water, lowering the levels of nitrates and other waste nutrients. Unfortunately, one cannot do this often enough to keep nitrates low enough for reef aquarium health without spending a lot of money on salt mix and expending a lot of effort mixing and changing the saltwater.
There are, however, other methods of reducing nitrates in the reef aquarium. In the ocean, de-nitrifying bacteria, along with plant life consume the nitrates produced by marine fish. Saltwater plants can be used to consume the nitrates but that generally requires a refugium or a separate, lighted reservoir for the plants to grow in. Refugia are wonderful for tank health but may not be a good option for some reefers due to the space and extra electrical demand. So this leaves de-nitrifying bacteria as the simplest solution.
Saltwater de-nitrifying bacteria only grow in oxygen-poor environments. De-nitrifying bacteria can grow naturally if the sand bed in your aquarium is deep enough but it isn't always practical to use a deep sand bed. Sand must be at least four inches deep, preferably more to harbor the de-nitrifying bacteria necessary to process nitrates in your reef aquarium. This is because the amount of saltwater that can exist in the gaps between individual pieces of sand is fairly small.
The purpose of a plenum is to create an oxygen-poor environment with plenty of water space to grow de-nitrifying bacteria. A plenum allows for the growth of de-nitrifying bacteria without the need to purchase a lot of live sand. A plenum also takes up far less room in a reef aquarium than a deep sand bed does.
A plenum is basically a riser for your sand bed. It creates a gap between the bottom of your reef aquarium and the bottom of the aquarium's sand bed where saltwater collects and circulates very, very slowly.
There are numerous styles of plenum and many methods of making plenums but all of them serve the same function. A plenum creates a space of low oxygen water beneath the sand for de-nitrifying bacteria to thrive in. Through the use of a plenum you can naturally reduce nitrates and reduce the number of water changes required to keep your fish and coral happy and healthy.
Relevant articles by this author:
How To Build a Plenum for a Saltwater Aquarium
DIY Hospital Quarantine for Saltwater Reef Aquarium
How to Acclimate Saltwater Fish amp; Invertebrates
How to Raise Rotifers