Best Crabs For Saltwater Aquarium in 2022
SevenSeaSupply 10 x Live Red Legs Hermit Crab - Saltwater Red Legs Hermit Crab
CaribSea Arag-Alive 20-Pound Fiji Pink Sand
- Functional and beautiful aragonite substrate for all types of marine aquariums
- Contains millions of beneficial marine bacteria to enhance biological filtration
- Many styles to help recreate any marine environment
SevenSeaSupply - 3 Live Emerald Crab - Saltwater Algae Eater Crab
- SevenSeaSupply Guarantee 100% live arrival and satisfaction
- Your order may be delays or cancel due to your local weather.
Instant Ocean Sea Salt 50 Gallons, For Marine aquariums, Fast Dissolving
- FORMULATED SPECIFICALLY FOR MARINE aquariumS Contains every major minor and trace element delicate marine fish and invertebrates need
- DISSOLVES FAST Superior solubility – provides a clear ready-to-use solution in minutes
- IDEAL pH Quickly achieves and maintains ideal pH – free of nitrate and phosphate
- CONVENIENT No special additives are needed – will not separate during packaging and shipping
- INSTANT OCEAN SEA SALT The industry standard for quality consistency and value for more than 40 years
- Instant Ocean
Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner - Chemical Remover and Detoxifier 500 ml
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
PEPPERLONELY Silver Mouth Green Turbo Hermit Crab Sea Shells, 8 OZ Apprx. 27~30PC Shells, 1 Inch ~ 2 Inch
- Quantity: 8oz, Based on weight, approximately 27PC+ Shells
- Size: 1 Inch to 2 Inch
- Shell Open Size: 1/2 Inch, 3/4 Inch, 1 Inch
- 100% Natural Sea Sponges
- Nice for wedding decorations, seashell mirrors, wreaths, ornaments, shell art, and shellcraft projects.
Flukers Saltwater Concentrate/Water Conditioner for Hermit Crabs, 2-Ounce
- Directions: Add one teaspoon of conditioner to each cup (8 fluid oz.) of water
- Measure amount of water in your crab's water dish and adjust dosage/amount accordingly
- Use every time water is changed
- Country Of Origin: United States
(2 Pack) Hikari Crab Cuisine Rapidly Sinking Sticks for Bottom Feeders and Crustaceans - 1.76 Ounce each
- 2-Pack (1.76 Ounces per Pack)
- Promotes proper growth and form
- Boasts a taste most bottom dwellers will love
- Naturally offers higher levels of color
- Enriched with calcium & other required nutrients to promote proper shell development
(3 Pack) Zoo Med Hermit Crab Salt Water Conditioner, 2.25-Ounce Each
SunGrow 3 Cholla Woods, 5â€ Long Aquarium Decor, Chew Toys for Small Pets, DIY Artistic Home-Decor, Long Lasting Driftwood, Release Tannins to Keep Aquatic Pets Healthy, Functional Ornamentation
- ✔ CHOLLA WOOD FOR YOUR PETS --- SunGrow Cholla Wood is the dried husk of the Cholla cactus. No live cacti are cut for our cholla wood. Each pack contains 3 pieces, each 5 inches long with a hollow centre. Simply soak for 24 to 48 hours and it’ll settle down to the bottom of the tank.
- ✔ FOR PLAYING AND HIDING --- Small shrimps, fry and fish enjoy swimming through and hiding in the Cholla Wood. They find it both entertaining and a place to hide.
- ✔ FOR CHEWING AND ADDITIONAL NUTRITION --- Larger fishes and hermit crabs sometimes chew on Cholla Wood. Reptiles, hamsters, birds and other small pets also enjoy using Cholla Wood as a chew toy.
- ✔ PREPARING YOUR CHOLLA WOOD --- SunGrow Cholla Wood is a thorn-free log. Shrimp, fry, pleco, hermit crabs, fishes, even reptiles and birds love Cholla wood. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
- ✔ DECORATIVE FOR YOUR PLANTS AND CRAFTS --- Cholla Wood is used to enhance the appearance of potted plant and flora. Their naturally rustic surfaces are coveted for crafts. Hobbyists often use these for making candle-holders or for simply decorating a photo frame.
Different Types of Moss and Algae that Grows on Rocks in a Saltwater Aquarium
Learn about the different types of algae that grow in saltwater tanks including green algae, blue algae, red algae, and blue-green algae.
There are four types of algae that are commonly seen in saltwater aquariums.
Many saltwater aquarium owners are probably familiar with green algae. It commonly grows on live rocks, gravel, and even along the glass of the aquarium tank. Green algae, which is scientifically known as Chlorophyta, appears in many forms, depending on the species. Aquarists should identify moss and algae on live rock in saltwater aquarium so that invasive species can be halted before they overwhelm the coral.
Caulerpa algae is one type of green algae that is found in saltwater aquariums. They have long strands that run horizontally and attach to various substrait with rootlike hairs. The Feather variety of Caulerpa algae feature feather-like green leaves, while the Grape variety has clusters of small, round green balls. The Razor variety of Caulerpa is considered extremely invasive. It latches onto rocks and coral with razor-like blades.
There are over 6,000 species of red algae, which is scientifically known as Rhodophyta. The most common type of red algae that is introduced to saltwater aquariums is Coralline algae. It can appear green, red, purple, pink, or white. The coloration is dependent on the amout of pigment present in the algae. It is considered a benefit to have Coralline algae since it livens the appearance of the aquarium.
Coralline algae usually remains in one area of the aquarium. Some aquarists prefer the algae to spread to other coral or rocks. The usually method to accomplish this involves scraping away bits of algae from its current area and allowing the particles to spread and settle in other areas of the tank. The fliters are usually turned off during this process.
Brown algae contains a pigment that blocks color-producing pigments, resulting in a beige or yellow-brown to dark brown color. The presence of brown algae usually indicates several problems. A lack of adequate lighting will promote the growth of brown algae. An over abundance of silicates in the water, as well as a lack of oxygen, contribute to an overpopulation of brown algae. Most species of brown algae are considered seaweed. Brown algae is classified as Phaeophyta.
Blue-green algae, also known as Cyanobacteria, is actually a type of bacteria that grows on tank walls and on the surfaces of rocks and coral. Aquarists commonly identify moss and algae on live rock in saltwater aquarium by color. Blue-green algae typically appears as a brownish-red slime. They feed on organic waste and discharge toxins into the water. Removal of blue-green algae is difficult, due to its consistency. The best way to remove the bacteria is by using a suction tube and changing the water.