Best External Water Pump For Aquarium in 2022
Uniclife DEP-4000 Controllable DC Water Pump 1052 GPH with Controller for Marine Freshwater Aquarium Pond Circulation
Hygger 800GPH Quiet Submersible and External 24V Water Pump, with Controller (30%-100% Settings), Powerful Return Pump for Fish Tanks, Aquariums, Ponds, Fountains, Sump, Hydroponics (25W, 9.8ft)
- 🐠【Demension & Specifications】Powerful and ultra quiet water return pump. Input voltage: 100-240V 50/60HZ. Output voltage: DC 24V. Pump Dimension (LxWxH): 6.2 x 3.1 x 5 inch. Cord length from the pump to controller is 6ft, the power cord length is 6.6ft. Wattage/flow/head: 25W/800GPH/9.8ft head. Please look the chart for each models
- 🐠【 Auto Shut Off When No Water】 Plug the power to turn this water pump on, unplug the power to turn it off. It is protected in case there's no water, the pump will auto shut off when no water is sensed or water gets too low. Comes with 2 kinds of removable water intake screens,1 for normal water level and the other for low water level (higher than 0.8inch)
- 🐠【Adjustable Flow Speed】This aquarium water pump has an external Led display controller, with 71 flow speed settings, you can control the flow rate from 30% to 100% of the top speed flow. 3 buttons on the controller: "Up" "Down" "Pause"
- 🐠【Internal & External Use】 Hygger dcp water pump can be ran externally or be submerged. Please note the controller is not waterproof, must be placed indoors. The pond pump comes with screws, o rings, pipe connection fittings. You can connect 1" or 3/4" pipes to this pond pump
- 🐠【Durable Water Pump】Wear-resistant ceramic shaft and magnetic drive makes this water pump a long service life. No copper element, can be used for fresh water or salt water
aquastation DC-4000 Silent Swirl Controllable DC Aquarium Pump 25W 1050GPH-marine wavemaker Return Pump with sine Wave Controller for Salt/Freshwater Coral Reef Fish Tank Sump Circulation (DC4000)
- ★Max Flow Rate: 1056GPH(4000 LPH) Max lift head: 3.5M(11.5FT)，Dc return pump modes:steady flow mode ,wave mode ,feed mode, Ultra silent operation.
- ★sine wave technology ,Variable speed control with up to 20 different speed settings,offering precise adjustment of water flow for optimum performance.
- ★ Submerisble or External- Dc pumps can be installed submersible or external (inline),Run-Dry Protection.
- ★Suitable for marine and fresh water (no copper) ,safe for any tank！65% Energy saving from traditional pumps.
- ★Low voltage, safe，IC Electronic Detection, Motor protection if rotor is blocked. With wear-resistant ceramic shaft, longer operation life.
Xnonix 925- GPH External Water Pump Hydroponics Pool Pond Aquarium Fountain
Key Product Features
- Safe, reliable and super quiet design.
- Ceramic impeller shaft is resistant to corrosion even from saltwater.
- Easy to install and clean. No tools required to install, uninstall or disassemble.
- Epoxy sealed, high grade ABS pump housing, no sand.
- Stator bobbin wound with pure copper wiring, no aluminum.
- UL-Certified 5 ft long cord for easy power access and copper enameled power cables.
- Adjustable flow rate. As flow is increased, lift is decreased and vice versa.
- Amphibious: Submersible or External use
- Includes 6-9 mm, 21 mm, 23 mm, 25 mm, 26 mm, 27 mm, 32 mm ID tubing connectors.
The Series is designed specifically to meet the circulation needs of larger home aquariums, its efficient operation and adjustable flow mean you will be able to meet the requirements of virtually any filtration or circulation setup your aquatic pets need. The Series is whisper-quiet, and energy efficient; it will not disturb your day to day activities as it serves the needs of your pets.
JD-3500 : 925 GPH (3500 L/H)
- Max Head 8.2 ft (2.5 m). - 5 ft (1.5 m) Polarized Plug (US) UL Approved - 120 Volt AC - 60Hz - 35w Power Consumption - 8 7/8" x 4 3/4" x 5 3/4"
Includes: - Amphibious pump - Various size ID tubing connectors
Hygger 585 GPH Adjustable Water Fountain Pump External Submersible Water Pump for Aquarium Bird Bath Pump with 2 Adaptors
- This Water Pump by Hygger is compact in design and powerful in speed, built to optimize any water feature; can be used submersed or in-line in freshwater or saltwater; ideal for fountains, statuary, bird bath, water features and aquariums
- Energy Efficient Design, this submersible fountain pump use 38 watt power to provide a maximum pumping height of 8.2 Feet, flow rate up to 585 gallon per hour
- Built-In Adjustable Flow Control allows you to create a customized water flow; Porous intake strainer catch large debris, extend service life
- Quiet running, high performance with low energy consumption; Easy Maintenance, easy to detach and clean without using any tools
- Dimension: 3.2" x 3.3" x 5.8", comes with 2 outlet adapters that will fit 1/2" or 3/4" or 1"inside diameter hose and 6-foot power cord (PS: hose and fountain head are not included)
Jebao DCT Marine Controllable Water Pump
- New enhanced range will replace the previous DC3000/DC6000/9000/12000/15000
- High performance motor with innovation electronics and energy saving up to 50% than previous models
- Power: 30-watt, Max flow: 1056GPH; Max-head: 9.8 ft
- Item Package Weight: 3.85
EcoPlus 350 GPH (1325 LPH, 38W) Submersible Water Pump w/ 15 ft Power Cord | Aquarium, Fish Tank, Fountain, Pond, Hydroponics
- Ecoplus Mag Drive Utility Pump Are Premium Quality, Fixed Flow, Multi-Use Water Pumps
- These Are High Performance Pumps With Low Power Consumption And Increased Head Pressure
- They Can Be Used As A Submersible Pump Or In An External Inline Use With Vertical Output Water Flow
- No Assembly Required
- material type: Plastic
- power source type: 120 Volt
Hygger 24V DC Water Return Pump with Controller, Powerful Quiet Inline Submersible Water Circulation Pump for Saltwater Aquarium, Sump Tank, Pond, Waterfall 1720GPH
- DC Powered Controllable Water Pump — DC motor with magnetic drive and ceramic shaft design, extremely powerful, energy saving yet very quiet, this dc pump only uses 24 volts power saving 65% energy over traditional pump
- Easy to Read External Controller — Build in external controller, easy to operate, offers up to 71 speed setting for you to customize water flow and feeding setting ( turn the pump off for 10 minutes for feeding). Easy to read red Led display
- Inline or Submersible — This Versatile Water Pump can be used either submersible or in-line in Freshwater or Saltwater. Ideal for sump tank, freshwater and saltwater aquariums, ponds, waterfalls, fountains and water features
- Auto Shut Off — Water Pump will automatically power off for 2 minutes when detects no water or over voltage. Enables memory function. Comes with two types intake screens, it will handle debris up to 2/3 inch, preventing clogging and reducing maintenance
- Flow Rate 1720 GPH ; Max Lift: 14.8', 55 Watts, output voltage 24V DC, input voltage 100-240V. Comes with 2 pcs screws (1-3/4"), 2 pcs o rings and 10 pcs pipe connectors. (PS: hose is not included)
AUBIG Aquarium Fountain 12V DC Mini Water Pump 130GPH Inlet & Outlet 1/2 13.2mm NPT 60Â° Threads Brushless Low Noise <40dB DC40E-1250 Black
- 🐳 12v dc small submersible centrifugal water pump, NOT self-priming, design to be submerged. (Submersible installation and entirely waterproof)
- 🐳 Max Head: 16.4ft. max flow rate: 500L/H 132G/H, waterproof level: IP68, 12W high efficiency motor for energy saving. Lift height is a max height the water goes up, after connecting the water pipe to the nozzle (make sure the joint sealed securely and tightly)
- 🐳 NPT 60° Threaded: threaded fittings make it more stable. The impeller shaft is stainless steel for long life span and corrosion resistance.
- 🐳 Feature: High efficiency, energy saving, ultra-quiet design, high lift & heavy traffic, durable & good insulation.
- 🐳 Multifunction: Perfect for fresh-water, salt-water, can be applied in aquarium, fountains, spout, hydroponic and pond, can be applied in aquarium, fountains, spout, hydroponic and pond. (Warranty and Service: Every sale includes an 12-month, worry-free guarantee to prove the importance we set on quality. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us! )
BlueLine 10 HD External Water Pump
Controlling Algae in Reef Aquariums
Reef tanks can grow many species of algae. Do not use chemical algae killing drops in salt water aquariums. There are much safer ways to control the algae population in your reef tank.
But algae can quickly grow out of control and fill up the tank, using up oxygen fish, invertebrates and plants need to survive. Just like everything else in life, only a little algae is good. Having a marine tank so full of algae that you cannot see anything else is not. There are many ways to control algae without harming fish, invertebrates or live corals.
Algae that have become a nuisance should be removed by hand or pruned back to nubs. Never use "algicides" or chemicals sold in pet stores to kill algae because they may also kill any live plants, invertebrates and fish, according to "The Everything Aquarium Book." It is usually the copper in algae-killing chemical treatments that does the harm to other life forms in the tank.
The most beneficial type of green algae in reef tanks look like seaweed, according to "The Everything Aquarium Book." Golden brown or a yellowish algae tend to grow very slowly and often does not become a problem in a marine tank, according to aquarist Bob Fenner of Wet Web Media. Red algae and brown algae coats aquarium walls, equipment and decorations in a thick velvet fuzz. Blue-green algae looks like green, black or red slime and should be removed.
Most types of algae have a population explosion when they are exposed to large spikes in their food. Nutrients that feed algae include phosphates and nitrates. Be sure to check your aquarium water to see if there has been a rise in these nutrients. A partial water change can help to quickly reduce these nutrients.
Solution and Prevention
If algae is already a problem in the salt water tank, the safest treatment is to remove the algae by hand. Scrape off algae from walls and decorations with an algae scraper just used for that tank. Immediately sucking up the algae-laden water with a siphon hose and replace with water treated with aquarium salt.
Prevent algae overgrowth with the use of a protein skimmer. Make sure the tank has bright lighting, as algae can grow in dim lighting, except for yellowish algae. Less light can curb the growth for that type.
There are also many salt water creatures that love to eat algae. They may be so efficient that you may have to feed them commercial algae wafers in order to keep them fed. These creatures include turbo snails, sea urchins, sea hares, hermit crabs and even dwarf angelfish, which prefer green algae to any other kind. Just be sure not to overcrowd the tank and research the species to be sure the new critter will get along with all of the other critters in the tank.
"The Everything Aquarium Book." Frank Indiviglio. Adams Media; 2020.
Fish Channel. "Aquarium Marine Algae."
Fish Lore. "Aquarium Algae Control."
Wet Web Media. "Algae and Their Control in Marine Systems." Bob Fenner.