Best Filter For 75 Gallon Freshwater Aquarium in 2022
Marineland PF0350B Penguin Power Filter, Upto 75 Gallons, 350 GPH
Hygger Aquarium Double Sponge Filter, Comes with 2 Spare Sponges, 1 Bag of Bio Ceramic Media Balls, Quiet Submersible Foam Filter for Fresh Water and Salt-Water Fish Tank (M)
- 【Multi-filtration functions】this sponge aquarium filter combines bio-filtration, oxygenation and physical filtration in one and also makes small water flow, which can ensure the excellence of the water quality. Helps your small fish or shrimp to live a happy, healthy life
- 【Filter Demension】plus the sponge filter with media balls takes up no more room. Small filter is 6" in width and 9" to 13." in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.39 inch, suggest for 10 to 40 gallon fish tank. Medium filter is 6.3" in width and 9' to 13 in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.59 inch, suggest for 15 to 55 gallon fish tank. For larger tank you may need 2 of this filter
- 【Package Includes】1 double sponge filter with 2 containers +1 bag of ceramic media balls + 2 pare sponges (packed in the 2 containers). This aquarium filter must be used with an air pupm and a standard size 4mm air hose, please note pump and air hose are not included. Please choose a powerful enough air pump according to your fish tank size for this filter
- 【Removable Fine Sponges 】you can easy to take down the 2 sponges from the filter to clean or replace it, the 2 sponges are fine 60ppi not coarse, which means more surface area for beneficial bacteri to live on. Don't use tap water to clean it, just rinse or squeeze the sponges by using the aquarium water
- 【Easy to use】all the parts of this filter are detachable, you can easily to assemble them together, with 2 strong suction cups you can stick the filter firmly to any tank position under water, withouting floating. The water oulet tube can be extended and rotated, you can adjust the outlet to above or below the waterline
Penn Plax Cascade CCF3UL Canister Filter For Large Aquariums and Fish Tanks â€“ Up To 100 Gallons, Filters 265 GPH
- CASCADE CANISTER FILTER FOR FRESHWATER OR MARINE ENVIRONMENTS: the Cascade 1000 (CCF3UL) has 3 media baskets, works at 265 GPH, and is recommended for Aquariums up to 100 gallons. It measures 11.5 x 17 x 10 inches.
- STATE OF THE ART FEATURES OF THE CASCADE 1000: ♦ flow valves that rotate 360 degrees for easy maneuvering in even the tightest aquarium cabinets ♦ large capacity media baskets allow aquarists to customize to their media needs ♦ push button primer allows for a quick and easy prime of the filter ♦ includes a spray bar, tubing, directional spout for customization, and filter medium.
- USE ANY COMBINATION OF MEDIA: floss pad for removing particulate matter and a course sponge that provides abundant surface for promoting bacterial growth (to remove ammonia and nitrites) included free with purchase
- SEE BELOW FOR DIAGRAM, THE CASCADE 1000 INCLUDES: ♦ Flow rate control cut-off valves ♦ two independent directional 360 degree rotating valve taps ♦ swimming pool – style hose clamps ♦ quick, easy, push button self-primer ♦ extra-large capacity stackable filter medium containers with lift-up handles ♦ floss pad and coarse sponge included, free with each canister filter ♦ easy lift alignment clamps that release vacuum suction ♦ sturdy tip-proof base
- FILTER MEDIA OPTIONS BY CASCADE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, SOLD SEPARATELY: see below for details, sold separately is media such as: bio-floss, bio-sponge, bio-rings, filt-a-pack pro-z, and filt-a-pack pro-carb-z.
Aqueon Aquarium Power Filter
- Provides mechanical, chemical, biological filtration plus additional assistance with the Aqueon specialty filter pads
- Self-priming – starts up automatically after cleaning or power interruptions.
- Certified flow rates that assure proper water circulation for improved fish health
- LED indicator light flashes when it’s time to replace clogged cartridges by monitoring actual water levels.
- Internal pump design helps dampen noise and eliminate leaks
Aqua-Tech ML90740-00 Power Aquarium Filter, 30 to 60-Gallon Aquariums
- For 30 to 60 gallon aquariums
- Two year warranty
- Advanced 3 step filtration
- Comes with one AQUA-Tech EZ-Change #3 Filter Cartridge
- Traps dirt, removes impurities and offers maximum water to carbon contact
Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel Power Filter, Multi-Stage aquarium Filtration
- WITH ROTATING BIO-WHEEL: Patented Bio-Wheel technology provides excellent wet/dry biological filtration.
- MULTI-STAGE FILTRATION: Delivers mechanical, chemical and biological aquarium filtration to maintain a clean aquatic environment.
- COMPATIBILITY: Use with Marineland Rite-Size Filter Cartridges (see individual filter for sizing recommendations).
- FIVE SIZES: Available in 75 GPH, 100 GPH, 150 GPH, 200 GPH and 350 GPH sizes.
Marineland Magnum Polishing Internal Canister Filter, For aquariums Up To 97 Gallons
- INTERNAL CANISTER FILTER: Submerged motor for quick and easy startup.
- VERSATILE FILTRATION: Two refillable chambers house carbon or customizable filter media.
- MICRON WATER POLISHING: High-efficiency polishing with the micron cartridge (included).
- FOR aquariumS UP TO 97 GALLONS: Capable of filtering 290 gallons of water per hour.
SeaChem â€“ Large Aquarium Fish Tank Filter, Tidal 75 Gallon (300 Liters) by Sicce
- VENTILATION SLOTS – Additional aeration slots in the lid as well as the outflow ensure maximum gas exchange for fully oxygenated water up to 75 gallons.
- SURFACE SKIMMER – Includes a skimmer to capture debris floating just below the surface such as fish oil, algae, and other contaminants for crystal clear water.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Automatic maintenance alert mechanism lets you know when the filter needs cleaning or maintenance, fully removable basket makes the cleaning process a mess-free breeze.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE – Adjustable telescoping intake pipe, flow regulation, and intake regulation make it easy to draw water through from any level of the tank.
- FRESH OR SALT WATER – Includes a clip to easily add a heater to the device to create the right environment for fresh or salt water fish.
PENN PLAX (CPF3) Cascade Hang-on Aquarium Filter With Quad Filtration System Cleans Up to 35 Gallon Tank
- Hang on aquarium filter quietly delivers 150 gallons per hour of crystal clear water for your fresh or marine aquariums from 20 to 35 gallons in size.
- Revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad-Filtration system provides efficient filtration with anaerobic bacteria for additional ammonia and nitrite removal providing maximum oxygenation.
- Activated carbon cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration, and other contaminants for your aquarium.
- Internal sponge optimizes colonization of beneficial anaerobic bacteria and polyfiber floss cartridge traps floating particulate matter.
- Adjustable flow knob allows you to reduce filtration during feeding times or as needed. Aquarium filter is recommended for both freshwater and saltwater applications.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
SunSun JUP-01 9W UV Sterilizer Submersible Filter Pump
- Suitable for tanks up to 75-gallons
- Dimension: 12" L X 3.3" W X 3.75" H
- Flow rate: 210 gallon per hour
- 9 Watt UV light
Pet Turtles: 3 TIps for Their Diet
Some tips on creating a healthy and natural diet for your freshwater turtles.
Pellets are OK, Not the Best
You can easily go to the pet store and get prepared turtle food for your pets that is healthy for them. It provides the necessary protein, minerals, ,etc that your turtle would get from a natural diet in the wild. Your turtles will eat the pellets, but they aren't at the top of any turtles' favorite food list. Think of if the only thing you ever ate was a vitamin supplement that didn't taste all that great, but offered all the necessary nutrients. You'd eat it to survive, but wouldn't you prefer eating real food? Turtles, although they can't communicate it, are the same way. Worms, insects, clover, bits of fish, etc. Think of what they'd eat in the wild.
Don't Make it Easy for Them
When I get worms for my pet turtles, I just drop them straight into the tank. I even try to sneak them into the tank without the turtles realizing. This is because I want my turtles to have to learn hunting skills. If I placed the food straight in front of the face and didn't let it go until it was in their mouth, they wouldn't learn anything about hunting or finding their own food. It's a skill that any animal will lose if they don't exercise it. I plan on letting my turtles (they are babies) go into the wild once they are big enough to not get easily eaten by bigger fish, so it'simperativethat they know how to hunt while I'm raising them.
For the same reason that you want to teach your turtles to hunt (within the aquarium, at least), you want to provide a variety of food for their diet. They won't eat the exact same thing while living in a lake where they are happiest, so mix it up if you can! This is something I do that allows me to feed with pellets every once in awhile. I try to have some different foods for them ready, but if I am too busy to go dig up more worms or find dead flies, I'll drop in some pellets for them. Otherwise, I just try to keep the turtles eating different things. If I let them go and all they are used to eating is worms, they'll likely not eat anything else when I let them go.
What are some tips you have for pet turtle diets? Share in a comment below.