10 Best Filter For Discus Aquarium
Updated on: April 2023
Best Filter For Discus Aquarium in 2023
Odyssea Clean 100 Surface Skimmer Aquarium Filter 450L Plant Internal
Huijukon Air Driven Sponge Filter Aquarium Filter Sponge Shrimp Fry Fish Tank Filter (Fiter)
- Air powered sponge filter, both filtration and aeration in one solution, keeps water well oxygenated, works great without noise【Fits fish tank size: 20 to 55 gallon】
- Sponge filters provide both mechanical and biological filtration - traps floating debris and protect your baby fish from being sucked up into the filter, aerobic bacteria colonize the sponge providing a bacterial substance to facilitate the nitrogen cycle
- Double 10-layer ribbed sponges design, it quickly established a bio filter, two sponges mean more surface area for beneficial bacterial colonization and faster cycling, keep your fish tank crystal clear and clean
- Easy to setup: simply install an airline into the unit and turn on the air pump, great way to clean and oxygenate your tanks; Easy to clean: simply take out the sponges, rinse and squeeze them in tank water, remember to clean the sponges weekly and replace regularly
- Easy to use: save room, comes with 2 suction cups, can be installed anywhere and easy to hide behind plants and decor; great solution for shrimp tank, betta tank, breeder tank, nano tank, turtle tank, hospital tank, goldfish, axolotls, guppies, fry, baby fish.
uxcell XINYOU XY-380 Aquarium Fish Tank Biochemical Sponge Filter, 4-1/2-Inch (3-Pack)
- High-quality aquarium sponge filter for efficient biological filtration
- Supports large bacterial populations to break down aquarium waste
- Dense, high-quality foam ensure reliable longer lasting aquarium use
- Do not trap fish fry and are safe for small size fish like dwarf cichlid, guppy, killifish, etc.
- Sponge Filter Dimensions: 4.5"D x 8.0"H - Max tank size: 20 Gal.
Discus Aquarium Maintenance Log: Customized Compact Aquarium Logging Book, Thoroughly Formatted, Great For Tracking & Scheduling Routine Maintenance, ... Fish Health & Much More (120 Pages)
Aquarium Bio Cylinder Nano Sponge Filter 2" x 4.75", Set of 6
- Product name: sponge water filter; use for: 5 gallon fish aquarium
- Dimension: 2.0" x 4.75(h) with tube
- Weight: 78g/each
- Color: Black
- Package content : 6 x sponge water filter
Aquarium Technology, Inc. Hydro-Sponge V Sponge Filter for Aquariums up to 125 Gallons
- EASY CLEAN - Easy to clean, just rinse and squeeze in used aquarium water. Never use tap water
- HIGH VOLUME FLOW - One inch diameter lift tube allows for high volume water flow and allows use of power head without adapters
- PROPRIETARY SPONGE FOAM - Made from Proprietary Patented Sponge Foam for the highest mechanical debris capacity and bio capacity
- TRAPS WASTE - The Hydro-Sponge traps waste particles, mechanically cleaning the water without trapping baby fish
- VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL - Can be used in the vertical or horizontal position. Heavier base with a raised bottom
UPETTOOLS Aquarium Filter,Ultra Quite Aquarium Air Pump Bio Biochemical Sponge Filter Fish Tank Foam Filter (Double Sponge)
- 【Multi-filtration Functions】Upettools sponge filter combines single scientific 7-layer ribbing shape sponge design, which can quickly established a bio-filter, improve purifying water quality, and the oxygen port can rotate 360 degrees without dead ends, keep your fish tank crystal clear and clean.
- 【Special Ceramic Bio Filter Media】Upettools aquarium sponge filters compatible with one container with ceramic bio filter media inside, which help to remove harmful substance and increase oxygen level in your tank, you can replace the filter media to enhance water quality.
- 【Removable Sponges 】 You can take down the sponge from the filter easily to clean or replace it. Sponge filters provide both mechanical and biological filtration, traps floating debris and protect your baby fish from being sucked up into the filter.
- 【Easy to Set Up】Simply install an airline into the unit and turn on the air pump, great way to clean and oxygenate your tanks. Don't use tap water to clean it, simply squeeze the sponges in tank water.
- 【Max Suit for 55GAL Fish Tank】Compatible with 2 suction cups, can be installed anywhere and can be easily hidden on the back wall of the aquarium. Suitable for freshwater & saltwater and all kinds of ornamental fish breeding, breeding and fish formation, especially for colorful fairy, small fish,shrimp tank, betta tank etc.
WaterFilterManLtd Compact 3 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter For Aquarium, Marine, Discus, Tropical Fish
- Compact 3 stage aquarium reverse osmosis water filter system
- Complete with all filters and fittings, uses quality ro membrane made in the usa
- Removes very high levels of most impurities from the water, ideal for filtering tap water for your aquarium
- Includes fittings to attach to mains pipe and full instructions for installation & maintenance
- Water filter man ltd branded product
Discus Fishkeeper Notes: Specifically Created for Fish Tank Maintenance Record Book. Great For Monitoring Water Parameters, Water Change Schedule, And Breeding Conditions
The Care and Feeding of Discus Fish
The discus fish is very popullar as a freshwater fish but it does take some special care.
Introduced in the United States in the mid twenties, the discus fish is native to the Amazon basin. There are two basic species-the red discus and the blue discus. They can be interbred producing a variety of hybrid discus fish.
The discus fish is flattened and shaped like a discus. They have broken stripes that may be blue, red, green, or brown. When mature the discus fish is as wide as it is long, height and width both measuring about 8 to 10 inches.
If possible, buy your fish from a local breeder. Choose fish that you are drawn to because, if you are careful and lucky, you can have your fish for about 10 years. You may be able to find them at a pet store. If you are unable to buy a discus fish locally, there are many breeders listed on the Internet and you can choose one that is close to you and have the discus fish shipped overnight. Surprisingly enough, the discus fish does very well when shipped and most breeders will refund your money if a fish arrives dead. Expect to pay from $18 to $40 dollars depending on breeder and the type of discus fish you buy.
If you can afford it, a group of 6 to 8 discus fish is ideal. With this many fish, you should get a breeder pair or two. The discus fish cares for its young by producing a secretion through their skin that the larvae can feed from.
Although the discus fish can live up to 10 years, it is not a hardy fish. It is sensitive to stress or lack of protection and are susceptible to disease and death. Their tank should be at least 40 inches long and 20 inches high. It needs to have dark colors and floating plants to diffuse light. You need to provide lots of hiding place but also an open swimming area. Water temperature should be between 82 and 86 degrees. You need a filter and you must change the water frequently. The discus fish is very cautious when fed new food and may go a month without eating. It does well on standard, high protein dry fish food. You can also feed the discus fish water insects and brine shrimp. They love bloodworms, mosquito larvae and beef heart but these foods may no be good for them and should only be given as a special treat.
If you want to introduce other fish, the discus fish tends to do well with angelfish although the angelfish may dominate the discus fish. They also do well with tetras. They get along with Uaru but sometimes they love the Uaru so much that they eat them.
Good luck. With a little care, you should enjoy you discus fish for many years.