Best Fish For 55 Gallon Aquarium in 2021
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
Aqua Culture Deluxe Aquarium 55 Gallons Stand with Moisture Resistant Powder Coated Top Base and Door
Tetra 55 Gallon Aquarium Kit with Fish Tank, Fish Net, Fish Food, Filter, Heater and Water Conditioners
- LARGE ENVIRONMENT: Larger environments can house more fish or a greater variety of fish. Maintains water temperature. Essential for tropical fishkeeping
- KIT INCLUDES: one 55 gallon tank, EasyBalance Plus, TetraMin, AquaSafe, 6” fish net, 200W heater, WPF 60 Filter, Stick on digital thermometer, 24” Tetra hinged hood x 2, 2 plant multipacks and a boxwood plant, TetraCare brochure and instruction sheet.
- LED LIGHTING: Included lighting adds the natural daylight effect to your aquarium, giving you illuminated viewing of the entire space.
- WEIGHT: This aquarium tank weighs approximately 79 lb by itself. With water, total tank weight can reach 521 lb.
- COMPLETE YOUR COMBO WITH THE MAJESTY STAND: The Perfecto Majesty Stand (ASIN: B00BUFU77U) properly supports the weight of this tank, while also providing storage for supplies.
Penn Plax Premium Under Gravel Filter System - for 40-55 Gallon Fish Tanks & Aquariums
- Undergravel filter system includes 4 filter plates (each measuring 11.5" X 11.5") with extra large 1 inch adjustable lift tubes.
- Filter is suitable for most 40 and 50 gallon aquariums. Clips to hold each section securely together are included.
- 2 carbon filter cartridges remove odors, and water discoloration by trapping the pollutants in the pores of the carbon.
- This undergravel filter hides from view for maximum aesthetics. Safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- Effortless setup and easy maintenance make this premium undergravel filter a must have for all home aquariums. Simply place filter plates at the bottom of the tank and cover with gravel.
Tetra Perfecto Aquarium Hood Led, 24" (NV33149)
- aquarium HOOD WITH LEDS: Low-profile, hinged hood houses white LED lights that create a natural underwater shimmer effect.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Built-in LEDs – no bulbs to replace.
- FILTER COMPATIBLE: Cutouts in the back of the hood can accommodate a variety of filters.
- RANGE OF SIZES: Tetra LED Hoods are available in multiple sizes to accommodate most rectangular tanks.
- SIZE: Measures 24 inches wide by 12 inches deep.
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 36 to 48 Inches, 25 Watts
- Super bright, energy efficient and long lasting LEDs to produce amazing shimmer to your aquarium
- Adjustable metal brackets to fit aquarium tank from 36 inches to 48 inches
- Two lighting modes: White & Blue LEDs for daylight and Blue LEDs for nightlight
- Light Fixture: 34.2 in L x 4 in W, Fixture w/ Brackets Extend: 48 in L x 4 in W
- This product is recommended for use over panel or glass-covered aquariums
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light for Planted Tanks, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light, 48 to 54-Inch, 32-Watt
- 6500K white LEDs and full spectrum RGB LEDs promote and support low-to-mid light level plant growth
- Improved in-line switch to reduce light damage by preventing moisture
- Extendable mounting brackets allow easy installation on a variety of aquarium widths
- LED strip light with independent White and RGB LED control
- A glass or acrylic canopy is highly recommended to extend the life of the unit by preventing moisture from affecting it
Hygger 32W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (46-52 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/32W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 46 inch to 52 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
Aqua-Tech ML90740-00 Power Aquarium Filter, 30 to 60-Gallon Aquariums
- For 30 to 60 gallon aquariums
- Two year warranty
- Advanced 3 step filtration
- Comes with one AQUA-Tech EZ-Change #3 Filter Cartridge
- Traps dirt, removes impurities and offers maximum water to carbon contact
Hygger 300W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 30-60 Gallon
- 🐠【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 300W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 7.7 inch, 300W submersible heater for fish tank 30-60 Gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating
- 🐠【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it's very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck
- 🐠【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer
- 🐠【Fully Submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it's easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible
Setting Up a Quarantine Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium
Debating on whether or not you need a quarantine tank? Here is the answer you have been searching for!
Setting up your Quarantine Tank for your Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium
When setting up your freshwater tropical fish aquarium quarantine tank you don't need to purchase an elaborate tank. Check out the stores that have occasional freshwater tropical fish sales and see if they have a small tank that will be efficient for a quarantine tank. When you purchase your tank remember to also purchase a filter but be sure to use filter floss that does not contain carbon as this will remove the medication you are putting into the tank. You will also need a heater, a new fish net specifically for the quarantine tank and an airstone.
The Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Quarantine Tank
When you have purchased new freshwater tropical fish you will need to place them in the quarantine tank to be monitored for about 2 weeks prior to placing them in with your other fish. Make sure to monitor the parameters of the water and don't forget to check for the signs that accompany bacterial infections or parasites.
If your new fish appears to become sick or infected with something you will then need to take the appropriate precautions to ensure you can treat this fish and keep your other fish from becoming infected. In order to do this you will need to keep your infected fish in the quarantine tank while you are giving it medication. You will also need to monitor the infected fish for a few more weeks to make sure that there are no other problems that develop. Once you are sure your new fish is no longer sick or infected you can then place him in the large freshwater tropical fish aquarium with your other fish.
Once you have incorporated your new fish into your freshwater tropical fish aquarium there is still a chance that at any time one of your tropical fish will come down with an illness. If this happens just capture the fish with a net and take him out of your freshwater aquarium and place him in the quarantine tank. Make sure to fill your quarantine tank with some water from your main tank in order to avoid having to acclimate the sick fish into the new tank.
Don't be too quick to return your sick fish back to your main tank. Once the illness has cleared up you should still keep him in quarantine for about a week so that you can monitor him closely to make sure you avoid the risk of infecting all of the fish.
Once you have returned your fish back into the main tank make sure to clean your quarantine fish thoroughly. The reason for this is that if you leave the tank uncleaned the next fish you place in there may not have the same illness and you don't want to cross contaminate the illnesses. Never use soap to clean a fish aquarium as the soap will leave a residue and this could cause your fish to become ill. Clean the tank with hot water to kill any germs and bacteria.
When purchasing new fish for your tank, be cautious of the fish stores that always seem to have a freshwater tropical fish sale. If you are looking for a great way to purchase healthy freshwater tropical fish you might want to try searching online. You can buy tropical fish online and have them delivered directly to your door.