Best Fish To Have In Aquarium in 2021
Polishing Filter Pad 100 Micron - 1 Pack -Superior Aquarium Prefilter Media - Cut to Fit 24" by 36" for Fresh Water & Saltwater Fish Tanks, Aquaculture, Hydroponics - Made in USA
Colorful Aquarium Decorative Pebble Stones, SpringSmart Glow in the Dark Rocks for Garden, Yard, Fish Tank, Fish Bowl, Vase, Handmade Crafts Decoration, Mixed Color Luminous Gravels
- --Glow in the Dark: put the stones under good sunlight or llamp light about 20 minutes, it will absorb light and glow in the dark about 2-3 hours. Makes your fish tank or vase much special.
- --8 Colors & 6 Shapes Mixed: these rocks are made into different conch shell shape with different color, will be shipped random, to decorate your fish tank and make it amazing. Each pack has about 70pcs(0.5lb).
- --Eco-friendly Material: all the pebbles are made from resin, which is non-toxic but eco-friendly to fish and plant.
- --Multiple Use: use these pebble stones to decorate fish tank, aquarium, vase, waterscape, landscape, garden walkway, yard grass, planter, and some diy home decoration.
- --Gift Package: these glow rocks are packed in a transparent jar, it is an amazing gift for your families, friends.
MicroBacterStart XLM, Live nitrifying Bacteria, 15X Strength, Rapidly establishes Nitrification & bio Filtration in Saltwater, Reef Fish Tank or Aquarium & re-establishes During Emergencies, 500ml
- Super concentrated 15x suspension of live non-pathogenic microbes, specifically formulated to extremely rapidly establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification in existing systems.
- Useful for rapidly re-establishing nitrification bacteria in case of an emergency.
- Particularly useful in aquaria with high population densities and when adding new fish.
- Helpful to re-establish nitrifying bacteria after cleaning rocks and surfaces and after use of medications. 1. Rapid reduction of ammonia, and nitrite. 2. Prevents “new Tank syndrome. ”
- Supplied in a proprietary base which provides for maximum longevity.
Kicko Plastic Vinyl Goldfish - Pack of 144 Assorted Neon Color Educational Toy - Enhance Hand and Bath Soaps, Fish Bowls and Tank, Aquarium Decorations, Party Accessory, Home Ornament and Crafts
- FISH GAMES - Best for throwing fishing-themed events or parties. Everyone will surely enjoy playing with these Plastic Vinyl Goldfish. Just add this to your party materials and create various activities. For more entertainments, explore some famous fish games like Tackle Box Relay, Bobbing for Bobbers, Fisherman Relay Race, Bait Toss, and Casting Contest. 2 inches long and approximately 3/4 inches tall, a size that would fit in any mini water tournament.
- PARTY ACCESSORY - Display these marine creatures to your oceanic motif celebrations. It will supplement an exciting, underwater vibe. It can serve as party giveaways and game prizes. Cute and happy looking fish with bright peculiar colors - enough to stand out, get noticed and enjoyed by the guests and visitors. Unlock your creativity and construct some activities or original mermaid or pirate inspired décor using these 144 pieces plastic goldfish as your supply.
- IDEAL ORNAMENT - Embed this huge school of fish to your favorite fish bag or net, body shower bottle, or glimmering blue soaps to give you an underwater feeling! Enhance your simple bath suds, plain vases or bowls. Quiet and peaceful-looking mini ponds and fountains will come to life with these realistic animal sea figures - playing, floating or swimming together to the flowing water from the fish tank. Perfect for your fish aquariums and animal collection.
- HIGH-QUALITY ITEM - Made from soft and smooth, excellent quality plastic material for a wiggly and splashy movement in the water! Safe for everyone ages 12 and above. Guaranteed to enjoy years of aquatic experience because it doesn't rot, dissolve or misshaped. Expect more long lasting under the sea experience with these nontoxic and BPA free vinyl fishes that establish a stress-free and relaxing environment.
- FUN COLORS - Have a great time watching these fun learning play set with various neon colors - purple, blue, orange and green. Flapping and twiddling their vibrant colored fins and tails in the water makes them look so flashy, lively, and adorable. These are catchy in the eyes of kids, encouraging them to study marine life and discover new aquatic ideas. Suitable for diversed of interests, including collectors, enthusiasts, teachers, young and old.
Blue Realm: Toxic Invaders
Nesee Mini Glowing Effect Artificial Jellyfish for Fish Tank Decorative Aquarium Ornament
- 【ADDS UNIQUENESS TO YOUR UNDERWATER WORLD 】--- Many aquarium owners and enthusiasts want their underwater habitat unique and special. Everyone has a castle or scuba diver in their fish tank. Take it up a notch and add the stunning, colorful and realistic jellyfish decor to your aquarium to make it truly one-of-a-kind.
- 【GLOWING EFFECT UNDER AQUARIUM LIGHTS】 --- Under different types of aquarium lights, the jellyfish ornaments will appear differently. The actual decorations are not luminous and do not emit light in a dark environment. However, when placed under a blacklight, blue or purple tank lights or other actinic lighting, the jellyfish will glow with a remarkable fluorescent effect.
- 【REALISTIC MOVEMENT AND APPEARANCE】 --- Attached to an invisible line and suction cup, these glowing artificial jellyfish float freely and gracefully in your tank. With just the slightest movement of water, the detailed imitation jellyfish will dance and bounce around just like the real animals.
- 【SAFE FOR ALL TYPES OF AQUATIC LIFE】 --- Because the simulation jellyfish are designed to be safe in both freshwater and saltwater environments, they can be used in all types of tanks. Oscars, mollies, danios, goldfish, betta, shrimp, tetra and more all love to weave around the fun new decorations in their tank.
- 【VARIETY PACK OF 6 BRIGHT COLORS】 --- The Silicone Jellyfish variety pack from includes 6 aquarium decorations in 6 distinct colors. Each jiggly jellyfish is transparent with flecks of color: one each in blue, orange, yellow, green, purple and pink. The rainbow of colors adds beauty and interest to your underwater world.
EmoursTM Aquarium Sinkable Driftwood Fish Tank Decoration (XLarge(11 to 14 inches in Length))
- Made of high grade driftwood, solid and durable, long lasting in underwater or arid environments. Note: since these are all natural driftwood , each pieces are sealed package, so there may be some mold on the surface some times when the wood is not dry enough and sealed for a period of time. It's a normal phenomenon, you can wash it out use water and brush.It's not a quality issue, hope you can kindly understand.
- Authentic natural wood adds realistic beauty.Unique shapes that adds to the aesthetic value of the tank
- Prolonged boiling recommended,boiling/soaking for 3-4 hours. You have to boil it for at least an 1 hour (maybe twice boiled and dump the tannin concentrated water midway both times). Afterwards, completely submerge the wood in a bucket with water, weighing it down with something i.e. a rock , heavy glass cup etc, until it doesn't float anymore when the weight is taken off.
- Visual variety - no two pieces are alike.Sizes varies from 10 to 15 inches in length.Each pieces are carefully selected, the pictures shown are only some of the driftwoods, what you get may be different from pictures show.
- Your driftwood will quickly become the focal point of your aquarium decor. Nocturnal fish,ghost shrimp and smaller fish like a driftwood shelter for hiding
Lacoste Men's Classic Short Sleeve Discontinued L.12.12 Pique Polo Shirt, Aquarium, XL
- René lacoste's iconic creation: a timeless petit piqué knit polo that is soft, durable, and endlessly stylish; A must have in multiple colors
- An Iconic staple in your wardrobe designed to combine comfort and elegance
- Classic Fit: Our roomiest fit silhouette that never goes out of style
- Lacoste original cotton petit piqué fabric is both soft and durable
- Two button placket with iconic and always authentic mother of pearl buttons
- Ribbed polo collar and armbands
- Signature embroidered green crocodile on left chest
- Also available in 'Slim' fit for a form fitted contemporary option
- French born, Lacoste fit is based off of European size conversion, we suggest sizing up for a more relaxed fit
- 100% Cotton
Penn Plax Aquarium Fish Net â€“ Aqua Blue Quick Catch Mesh Wire Net Safe for All Fish â€“ 4 Inches
- Aquarium fish net is safe for all fish. Fine nylon net lining is designed with their safety in mind. The 4 inch net is a great size for many different size fish and aquariums.
- Aqua-Blue Quick Net blends in water to help catch those crafty, quick fish that make a hobby out of avoiding other nets that are easily seen in the water.
- Great for cleaning out debris from the tank as well. You can easily skim the surface and remove light debris from the water.
- Handle is covered in vinyl adding to strength and length of the 13 inch long fish net, so you can catch the fish much easier. Net measures .40"D x 4.15"W x 13"H.
- Durable construction means it will last for many years without bending or breaking. This versatile net is a must have for all home aquariums!
The Discus: Popular Freshwater Cichlids
A discus can offer a diverse, enjoyable and beautiful alternative to the standard tropical fish aquarium...
Discus' are similar to Angelfish(Pterophyllum), with one major exception and that being that discus' do not have extended finnage that is associated with angelfish, giving the discus a more rounded shape. On average a discus will attain a size of 8-10 inches in length, making this a larger cichlid that should be addressed by the enthusiast planning on housing a discus in a captive environment. It is best to purchase a tall and deep tank as opposed to a long, shorter and narrow tank due to their swimming habits. The coloration and patterns evident with discus' is truly remarkable. Colors associated with discus' are normally green, blue, red and brown and various shades in between with numerous blotches and a unique array of multi directional lines. These lines and blotches are of contrasting colors to that of its body.
Discus' are opportunistic omnivores that will feed on a multitude of invertebrates and plant matter. Frozen blood worms, krill and beef heart is a great variety of proteinaceous foods widely accepted by discus'. Spirulina algae is a fine choice to get them some vegetable matter in their diet. This can be provided through frozen spirulina and brine shrimp combination food or can be introduced through flake and pellet vegetable foods. They can be finicky, initially, making it difficult to feed them, especially when acclimating them to new foods. It is best to ask your pet shop what they have been feeding the discus so you can copy that regimen and increase the chances that your discus will not have a hard time adapting to your feeding habits. It is common for a discus to go off feed for a couple of weeks or so, before it will start eating. Don't be to concerned about this as this is often a common occurrence and when hungry enough, the discus will start to eat. Be careful when feeding live foods as you run the risk of introducing parasites and bacteria into the water and your fish. If you are overly concerned about this event taking place, you could offer frozen and freeze-dried items such as tubifex, blood or black worms and mosquito larvae.
Proper water quality is important in maintaining a discus aquarium. A soft and slightly acidic water is ideal(pH of 5.5-6.5) and a temperature around 85 degrees. They don't handle deviations from this, especially over a short period of time. Captive bred discus' can be kept in a higher pH tank, however, it is best to have an acidic water parameter as ammonia can not form in acidic water which is toxic to any fish species. Ammonium is the only bi-product at that pH level or lower which is more easily tolerated by discus', and is not poisonous to them.
A efficient and effective filtration routine is pertinent to the success of your discus to rid the tank of excess nutrients and waste. A heavily populated tank of live plants is also beneficial. Frequent small water changes weekly can prove to be a viable solution in maintaining proper water chemistry using RO(reverse osmosis) water, that reduces contaminants being entered into your tanks water through the use of everyday tap water. Before adding a discus, it is crucial that your tank has cycled completely. If this rule is not adhered to fully, you will run the risk of your livestock dying due to elevated levels of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates! It is better to give your tank more time to be safe, than to quickly assume your tank is ready given the general amount of time that has been assessed to your tanks cycling process.
The best lighting to bring out the true vibrant colors of discus is a subdued lighting though they will be able to handle many lighting intensities.
The discus is a great fish to incorporate into a aquarium environment. They are often shy and peaceful fish that will do best when kept with angelfish and tetras. Reducing stress such as water issues, disturbances and the wrong type of cohabitants, should help to ensure that your discus will be healthy and offer you enjoyment for many years to come.