Best Fish To Keep In Small Aquarium in 2021
Luigi's Aquarium/Fish Tank Siphon and Gravel Cleaner - A Hand Syphon Pump to Drain and Replace Your Water in Minutes!
Tetra Whisper Internal Filter 3 To 10 Gallons, For aquariums, In-Tank Filtration With Air Pump, Blacks & Grays (25816)
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN Tetra Whisper 10i Internal Filter is an all-in-one air pump and water filter system
- INTERNAL FILTER Mounts on the inside of your aquarium with clip (included)
- CATCHES DEBRIS Dense dual-sided mesh filters debris and fish waste
- AERATES WATER Air-driven design filters up to 80 GPH while oxygenating water
- CONVENIENT DESIGN Uses medium easy to change Bio-Bag cartridges filter mounts inside aquarium making it possible to place tank flush against the wall
- Age Range Description: all ranges
- Included Components: Whisper In-Tank Filter 10i (upto 10 Gal)
API STRESS ZYME Aquarium Bacteria, Consumes Sludge And Keeps Aquarium Clean, 16-Ounce Bottle (56E)
- Contains one (1) API STRESS ZYME Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Cleaning Solution 16-Ounce Bottle
- Keeps freshwater and saltwater aquariums clean and reduces maintenance
- Consumes sludge to help keep gravel and decorations clean
- Adds beneficial bacteria for a healthy aquarium
- Use weekly to maintain a clean, healthy aquarium
Acurel F250 Water Clarifier, Aquarium, Treats up to 2,650 gallons, 10.5 fl oz
- Clarifies Cloudy, Green Or Polluted Aquarium Water
- Natural Product
- Minimum effort for sparkling clear water
- Safe For Aquarium Fish Plants And Animals
- Treats 2,650 Gallons
Penn Plax Cascade 600 Submersible Aquarium Filter Cleans Up to 50 Gallon Fish Tank with Physical, Chemical, and Biological Filtration, CIF3
- Fully submersible aquarium filter quietly delivers 175 gallons per hour of crystal clear water for your fresh or marine aquarium from 20 to 50 gallons in size.
- Activated carbon cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration, and other contaminants for your aquarium.
- Internal sponge optimizes colonization of beneficial aerobic bacteria. Large capacity aquarium filter cup allows you to choose your own filter medium.
- Pump head with adjustable and directional water flow. Cascade internal filters provide better filtration; physical, chemical and biological while also aerating water.
- Spray bar option allows you to distribute water evenly helping aerate your tank. Fish tank filter can be placed horizontally and is easily hidden.
- age range description: All Life Stages
CousDUoBe 12 Pack Artificial Aquarium Plants, Fish Tank Decorations Home DÃ©corï¼ˆ4.5 to 5 inches Tallï¼‰
- Ceramic base and high-quality plastics are used, no odor, no rust, and no influence on the water quality of fish tank.
- 12 different styles, different colors of plants, about 4 to 4.5 inches in height, you can mix them with whatever you like.
- Easy to clean - The surface is very smooth, so it's easy to clean and keep clean. Just rinse it with clean water.
- Low maintenance: Artificial plants do not grow big, do not need any pruning, and will remain beautiful.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee – in order to give you a better customer experience we promises a full refund to any dissatisfied customers.
Polishing Filter Pad 100 Micron - 1 Pack -Superior Aquarium Prefilter Media - Cut to Fit 24" by 36" for Fresh Water & Saltwater Fish Tanks, Aquaculture, Hydroponics - Made in USA
- TRAPS FINE PARTICLES - Our 100 Micron Polishing Filter Pads’ dense fiber network traps large to very fine particles floating in your freshwater or saltwater aquarium to produce sparkling clear water. Its durable design allows THIS PAD TO BE CLEANED AND REUSED MANY TIMES.
- CUT TO FIT - This 24 inch by 36 inch by 1/8 inch thick filter pad can EASILY BE CUT TO SIZE and will save you even more money over purchasing ready-made pre-cut filter media. Our polishing pad can be used in wet/dry filters, sumps, aquaponics system, and much more. Also available in a 4 pack.
- WATER QUALITY- Place our polishing pad in the path of flowing water TO TRAP LARGE AND FINE FLOATING PARTICULATES. This filter pad is very efficient at trapping very fine particles so regular cleaning of the pad is necessary. It may BE USED ALONE OR LAYERED WITH OTHER FILTER PADS such as our Classic or Premium filter pads to extend cleaning time.
- HIGH QUALITY AND DURABLE - Our polishing pad is constructed with interwoven polyester fibers making it STRONG AND DURABLE ENOUGH TO EVEN BE CLEANED IN A WASHING MACHINE. This pad’s consistent, reliable design gives superior filtration.
- TIPS – To increase efficiency and extend use of our polishing pad, have water flow through a pre-filter pad such as our FIlterFirst or CalssicBlue then through the polishing pad.
Tetra Whisper Filter Cartridges 6 Count, Small, For aquarium Filtration (19550)
- REPLACEMENT CARBON FILTER Keeps aquarium water crystal clear – removes odors and discoloration
- CATCHES DEBRIS Dense dual-sided mesh filters debris and fish waste
- CLEAN WATER MADE SIMPLE Small size fits Tetra Whisper 3i Internal Filters
- CONVENIENT Replacement filter cartridges are fully assembled and ready to use
- USAGE Change monthly or sooner if there is reduced water flow
- Age Range Description: Adolescent
Tetra EasyStrips 6-In-1 aquarium Test Strips, Water Testing, Model:19543
- COMPLETE TESTING Regularly testing your water levels is critical to the success of your aquarium
- 6 DIFFERENT TESTS WITH 1 STRIP Just one test monitors nitrates nitrites water hardness chlorine alkalinity and pH levels
- VERSATILE Can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- CONVENIENT Just dip into water wait 60 seconds and read results
- USAGE Use weekly to monitor aquarium water after water changes or when adding new fish
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Tetra Lifeguard All-in-One Treatment, 64-Tablets
- With Lifeguard Tablets, there is no need for time-consuming guesswork when it comes to treating your freshwater fish. A unique, broad spectrum, non-antibiotic agent, Lifeguard treats the clinical signs of disease at their earliest stages in freshwater fish. Added to aquarium water, the powerful oxidizing action of HaloShield attacks and destroys microorganisms that can cause disease in fish.2-Pack (32 tablets per pack)
- Use for treating fungus, ick, red streaks, milky or shedding slime, flukes, bacterial gill disease, mouth and fin rot, clamped or torn fins, and ulcers. Lifeguard Tablets may also be used as a preventive when adding new fish. Five day treatment.Effectively treats most common fish diseases
- Will treat ick, fungus, mouth rot, and more
- May be used as preventative when adding new fish
- For all freshwater aquariums
Breeding the African Long-Finned Tetra
The African Long-Finned Tetra is an unusual Aquarium Fish that is a challenge to breed.
The African Long-Finned Tetra is a larger than average tetra, sometimes growing to 5 inches long. It is not one of the easier tetras to breed.
The sexes of the African Long-Finned Tetra are easy to distinguish. To me the most obvious difference is in the dorsal fin. In the males it is longer and more pointed while in females it is shorter and rounded. The males grow a little bigger than the females, and the body of the males tends to be deeper than that of the females.
The anal fin of the male tends to be convex and edged in white while that of the females to be straight or concave.
Breeding in the Wild
Some observations suggest that in the wild an African Long-Finned Tetra school may breed over an extended period, laying a few eggs each day over plants. It is a reasonable guess that this versatile fish has several different breeding strategies in the wild adapted to the wide range of habitats it lives in.
Breeding in an Aquarium
The African Long-Finned Tetra can be bred either as a school or in a pair. This is not an easy tetra to breed but people who make a serious attempt may succeed.
This is a big fish and I suggest that the minimum size for a breeding tank is two feet long.
The parents need to be very well conditioned on high protein foods.
The water in the breeding tank should be soft and acid. Plants, preferably fine leaved ones, need to be present. The fish may not spawn the first day, but with luck will spawn within a few days. As with many fish, the most common time for this fish to spawn is the early morning. The actual spawning may be stimulated by the early morning light. I suggest that the breeding tank be situated to allow this light to fall on the aquarium.
About 200-300 eggs are laid per female. The eggs are 2-2.5 mm in diameter and are orange. The parents have been reported to not eat their own eggs. There have not been enough reports of this to be sure if this is normal. Certainly if they do not eat their own eggs this is unusual behaviour for an egg scattering tetra.
The eggs hatch in 4-6 days. The babies are about 7 mm long. This is bigger than the fry of most egg scattering small fish.
Raising the Babies
Despite the large size of the African Long-Finned Tetra babies they have small mouths and need infusoria (protozoa) for the first few days. After this they can eat newly hatched Brine Shrimp and other tiny live food like screened Daphnia. The live food of suitable sizes can be supplemented with liquid and dry fry foods. The fry need frequent feeding and plenty of space to grow. Great care needs to be taken with the water quality, avoiding any build up of ammonia, nitrite or nitrate.
For the early stages, an air operated foam filter may be the safest type to use.