Best Freshwater Aquarium Filtration System in 2021
PENN PLAX (CPF3) Cascade Hang-on Aquarium Filter With Quad Filtration System Cleans Up to 35 Gallon Tank
API Crystal Bio-Chem Zorb Size 5-20 Aquarium Filtration Media Cartridges for SuperClean 30 Filters 3Count Box
- Contains one (1) API CRYSTAL BIO-CHEM ZORB SIZE 5-20 Aquarium Filtration Media Cartridges for API SUPERCLEAN 30 filters 3-Count Box
- Cleans and clears aquarium water removing debris and aquarium pollutants, including colors, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases which cloud water and degrade water quality.
- Contains superior resins and activated carbon for optimum filtration and cleaner, clearer water.
- Easy-to-use pre-dosed cartridge fits hang-on-the-back filters API SUPERCLEAN 30, for freshwater, saltwater, and reef aquariums
- Use when starting or maintaining an aquarium, replace monthly or sooner if aquarium is heavily stock and/or colors and odors are detected
Aquatic Life RO Buddie Four Stage Reverse Osmosis System with Color Changing Mixed Bed Deionization Cartridge
- Add-On Drinking Water Kit with 2.8 Gallon Tank available, Amazon item B07371N7PT
- Sediment, Carbon and DI cartridges are up-front and easy to replace
- Typical Rejection Rate for filtering out the unnecessary ingredients is approximately 1 : 4.5
- Included Faucet Adapter makes it easy to connect to standard male hose thread/bib
- NEW YORK CITY ONLY - Due to high city water sediment, additional pre-filtration required before use.
- Kindly contact Aquatic Life Customer Support: 888-548-3480
Marineland PF0350B Penguin Power Filter, Upto 75 Gallons, 350 GPH
- WITH ROTATING BIO-WHEEL: Patented Bio-Wheel technology provides excellent wet/dry biological filtration.
- MULTI-STAGE FILTRATION: Delivers mechanical, chemical and biological aquarium filtration to maintain a clean aquatic environment.
- COMPATIBILITY: Use with Marineland Rite-Size Filter Cartridges (see individual filter for sizing recommendations).
- FIVE SIZES: Available in 75 GPH, 100 GPH, 150 GPH, 200 GPH and 350 GPH sizes.
- age range description: All Life Stages
Aqua-Tech ML90740-00 Power Aquarium Filter, 30 to 60-Gallon Aquariums
- For 30 to 60 gallon aquariums
- Two year warranty
- Advanced 3 step filtration
- Comes with one AQUA-Tech EZ-Change #3 Filter Cartridge
- Traps dirt, removes impurities and offers maximum water to carbon contact
Marineland Magniflow Canister Filter 220 GPH For aquariums, Easy Maintenance
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Water flows through media layers to filter water and ensure a clean aquatic environment.
- FAST SETUP: Water-tight canister lid lifts up for easy removal.
- THREE SIZES AVAILABLE: Comes in 220 GPH, 360 GPH and 360 GPH sizes.
- MARINELAND FILTRATION PRODUCTS: Count on Marineland brand for the most reliable, technically advanced aquariums and accessories on the market.
Seachem Stability Fish Tank Stabilizer - For Freshwater and Marine Aquariums 500 ml
- TANK STABILIZATION: Seachem Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome".
- TREATMENT: Stability is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- BACTERIA GROWTH: The necessary conditions for the growth of Stability's bacteria strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the unknown death of an organism), Stability simply becomes more effective.
- USE: Shake Seachem Stability well before use and turn off UV/ozone filter. Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days.
- SAFE: The bacteria employed by Stability are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of overuse.
Penn Plax Premium Under Gravel Filter System - for 40-55 Gallon Fish Tanks & Aquariums
- Undergravel filter system includes 4 filter plates (each measuring 11.5" X 11.5") with extra large 1 inch adjustable lift tubes.
- Filter is suitable for most 40 and 50 gallon aquariums. Clips to hold each section securely together are included.
- 2 carbon filter cartridges remove odors, and water discoloration by trapping the pollutants in the pores of the carbon.
- This undergravel filter hides from view for maximum aesthetics. Safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- Effortless setup and easy maintenance make this premium undergravel filter a must have for all home aquariums. Simply place filter plates at the bottom of the tank and cover with gravel.
Hygger Aquarium Double Sponge Filter, Comes with 2 Spare Sponges, 1 Bag of Bio Ceramic Media Balls, Quiet Submersible Foam Filter for Fresh Water and Salt-Water Fish Tank (M)
- 【Multi-filtration functions】this sponge aquarium filter combines bio-filtration, oxygenation and physical filtration in one and also makes small water flow, which can ensure the excellence of the water quality. Helps your small fish or shrimp to live a happy, healthy life
- 【Filter Demension】plus the sponge filter with media balls takes up no more room. Small filter is 6" in width and 9" to 13." in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.39 inch, suggest for 10 to 40 gallon fish tank. Medium filter is 6.3" in width and 9' to 13 in height, the sponge inside circle diameter is 0.59 inch, suggest for 15 to 55 gallon fish tank. For larger tank you may need 2 of this filter
- 【Package Includes】1 double sponge filter with 2 containers +1 bag of ceramic media balls + 2 pare sponges (packed in the 2 containers). This aquarium filter must be used with an air pupm and a standard size 4mm air hose, please note pump and air hose are not included. Please choose a powerful enough air pump according to your fish tank size for this filter
- 【Removable Fine Sponges 】you can easy to take down the 2 sponges from the filter to clean or replace it, the 2 sponges are fine 60ppi not coarse, which means more surface area for beneficial bacteri to live on. Don't use tap water to clean it, just rinse or squeeze the sponges by using the aquarium water
- 【Easy to use】all the parts of this filter are detachable, you can easily to assemble them together, with 2 strong suction cups you can stick the filter firmly to any tank position under water, withouting floating. The water oulet tube can be extended and rotated, you can adjust the outlet to above or below the waterline
boxtech Aquarium Filter Media, Ceramic Biological Filter Media for Marine and Freshwater Fish Tank, Two Pcs
- Ceramic bio media made of ceramic material, the three-dimensional pores formed by the spheres and spheres produce a powerful bacteria effect 10 times that of the conventional filter materials.
- Aquarium Filter Media with VAST SURFACE AREA and OPEN-FLOW POROSITY, leads to effective ammonia and nitrate removal from aquariums and Nitrate Reduction.
- With the function of strong absorbing water and not clogging, durable and won’t affect water chemistry, it is more safe for your fish.
- Excellent water flow and distribution through block, suit for FreshWater and marine SaltWater Aquarium fish tank.
- Won’t crumble, long-term placement in water does not disintegrate.
Ohio Teacher Burns Crosses on Students; School Board Fires Him
John Freshwater branded several 8th-grade students with an electric shock machine, leaving them with painful cross-shaped welts and alarmed parents. One family sued Freshwater and the school board.
According to the Ohio Department of Education, one student's family has filed a lawsuit against Freshwater and the Mount Vernon City School Board. The family has requested anonymity for fear their child will suffer retaliation. The School Board unanimously voted to fire Freshwater, whose attorney, Kelly Hamilton, has said that his client will request a hearing to prevent the contract termination.
Freshwater, a teacher of 21 years, has a history of misconduct. MountVernonNews.com reports of an independent investigation about him- he regularly veered from the established curriculum under the American Content Standards (ACS) for 8th-grade science and instead taught his religious beliefs; in his capacity as a monitor for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, he conducted prayers and engaged in a healing session- violating the Fellowship's statutes for a monitor; he refused compliance with the request to remove all religious articles from his classroom.
Freshwater's behavior raises many issues. Among them are: does a teacher have the right to create his own curriculum regardless of the ACS; does he have the right to keep religious articles in his classroom, whether or not he uses them to teach children his religious beliefs; does he have the right to brand children, who are minors, without the knowledge and consent of their parents. We all have opinions on this- undoubtedly different ones.
Many parents often are against body modification on their children, which includes scarification by different types of branding, tattoos, skin piercings, coating teeth with jewelry, and implanting eyeball jewelry (an extraocular, cosmetic implant). If a child were to come home from school with a form of body modification, most parents would be concerned, whether the scarification was self-inflicted or inflicted by a teacher.
According to 82123.org, Freshwater used a BD-10A High Frequency Generator to burn crosses onto his students' arms. This generator, a.k.a. electric shock machine, is the size and shape of a power screwdriver and is often used in science classrooms, usually for ionizing contained gases, which thus identifies them with color.
The tip of this power-screwdriver-like device can put out up to 50,000 volts. Its warning label reads, "Never touch or come in contact with the high voltage output of this device". Yet, Freshwater used it on his students. He asked for volunteers from his class without telling them that he would use the device on their skin and that an electric shock would cause pain. Either by common sense or simply by being a science teacher, Freshwater must have known some pain would be involved. After all, he knew he would be running electric shocks through his students, point by point to a large area of skin.
What do electric shocks feel like? Many of us have experienced static-electricity shocks, sometimes severe ones. Yet even these do not leave marks. However, Freshwater's participating students sustained welts- which became scars that remained visible for many weeks. This physical trauma tells us that the students suffered pain greater than the shocks from static electricity. Although, in the case of some electric shocks, no mark is sustained but the internal organs are injured. In China, electric shock is a form of torture.
To view a photo of a Freshwater student's arm branded with a cross, click here. While Freshwater maintains that he branded Xs onto his students, the brand shown in the photo appears more as a cross. As to whether John Freshwater has committed a criminal act- some blog pundits are suggesting he did- or has simply behaved irresponsibly remains to be seen as the legal proceedings against him develop.
Scarification by branding can have medical dangers. To read a fiction account of a man branded in a Romanian jail, click here. For a true account of forcible branding, read Kristina Caban Burns Ex-lover with Hot Crude Branding Iron.