Best Freshwater Fish For Home Aquarium in 2021
JNW Direct 7 in 1 Aquarium Test Strips - 50 Count, Best Kit for Accurate Water Quality Testing for Saltwater & Freshwater Aquariums and Fish Ponds (50 Strips)
Penn Plax Officially Licensed Spongebob 6 Piece Mini Aquarium Ornament Set â€“ Great for Saltwater and Freshwater Tanks, Model:SBR1A
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: 6 Aquarium Ornaments
Super-Dad Aquascape Aquarium Plastic Plant 10 Pieces Freshwater Fish Tank Decorations Home (Green)
- Product Name : Aquarium Decor Grass; Material : Plastic, Ceramic Base
- Total Size/pcs: 12 x 9cm/ 4.7" x 3.5" (H*W); Base Size/pcs : 3.5 x 2cm/ 1.4" x 0.8"(L*W)
- Weight: 200g, Color: Green, Purple
- Package Content: 10 x Fish Tank Decoration
- Add the breath of life to your tedious aquarium, Offer a virtual sea world for your fish tank
API MELAFIX Freshwater Fish Bacterial Infection Remedy 16-Ounce Bottle
- Contains one (1) API MELAFIX Freshwater Fish Bacterial Infection Remedy 16-Ounce Bottle
- Heals bacterial infections and repairs damaged fins, ulcers and open wounds
- Contains natural, botanical tea tree extract to quickly and rapidly help fish
- Helps treat newly-introduced fish to reduce risk of disease outbreak in freshwater aquariums
- Use daily for a week when treating infections and for 3 days as a preventive when adding new fish
Decorative Ornamental River Pebbles Rocks for Fresh Water Fish Animal Plant Aquariums, Landscaping, Home Decor etc, Black Color, 10lbs, 1.0"-1.5"
- Aids in propagation of beneficial bacteria
- Adds depth and beauty to aquariums, water gardens, ponds and terrariums
- Made by nature river pebble stone and average size: 3 to 5mm
- Safe for use in freshwater and marine environments
- For optimum results, use 2 lbs. of gravel per every one gallon of water
Microbe-Lift Xtreme for Salt and Fresh Water Home Aquariums, 16-Ounce
- Detoxifies nitrite
- Destroys and removes chloramines
- Removes ammonia
- Removes chlorine
- Adds a multi-part skin-slime replacer
Alan Stone Glow in The Dark Home and Garden Fish Tank Aquarium Decorative Sand Gravel Rock (3-5mm, Aqua)
- When you receive the parcel please kindly put all the gravels in the sun for about half an hour to make them charge fully for the first time use, then you can watch in the dark, they will glow brightly. They will last the glowing for about 2 -3 hours in the fully dark space. They can charge and glow repeatedly.
- If you want it to glow all the time in the dark indoor or outdoor please install a LED UV black light above them.
- It can be applied to indoor and outdoor flooring, to make the terrazzo, to decorate pool, bar, vase, fish tank and Aquarium, It can also be used to decorate the garden flower pots, to mark paths and walk way or as a border for plant beds or ponds.
- It varies in size. It includes about 280g in one PVC jar.
- It's EN71 approved: non-toxic, non-radioactive and completely harmless to aquatic life.
Royal Imports 5lb Large Decorative Polished Gravel River Pebbles Rocks for Fresh Water Fish Animal Plant Aquariums, Landscaping, Home Decor etc. with Netted Bag, Natural
- NATURAL STONES- These high quality natural stones by Royal imports are non-toxic and eco-friendly river rocks. Their natural attribute will make them last longer because they will not deteriorate like mulch does. Common applications include flowerbeds, groundcover, decorative concrete topping, or walkway paving. Decorative rocks are a permanent and cost-effective alternative to annual wood mulching.
- MANY USES- If you want to add extra beauty in your garden, lawn and even to your potted plant or aquarium this pack of pebbles is ideal for you. It is perfect for home decor and a creative interior and exterior design. Use for flower arrangements, vase fillers, walkways, water features, exposed aggregate flooring or walls, swimming pool areas and many other areas. It could also be used as an accent to aquariums (see caution below), water gardens, ponds, and terrariums.
- ROUND AND SMOOTH- These pebbles are easy on the feet as there are no sharp edges. Because of the shape, river rocks provide good drainage and is very attractive at the same time. River rocks are used in flower and garden beds and on walkways for erosion control.
- BEST BUY- Bring an earthen beauty to your décor with these smooth and vibrant river rocks. The natural, black and white finish pebbles can be utilized in many decorations, and will wonderfully embellish nature-themed surroundings. For an eye-catching homage to the Great Outdoors, scatter these stones around the base of a pillar candle in hurricane glass, and feature it on your coffee table or mantel
- COLOR & DIMENSIONS - Rocks range in length approx from 2.00" to 0.75"(rocks are natural and as a result some may be broken or out of shape, oval or round, thick or thin). The color of this river rock is natural so it may include a variety of different shades of browns, whites and black rocks. These rocks are packaged in a 5 pound netted bag. Approximately 160 rocks per bag.
Penn-Plax Deco-Replicas Granite Aquarium Ornament & Hideaway â€“ Realistic Stone Appearance â€“ Safe for Freshwater and Saltwater Tanks â€“ Small Size, White (RR1071)
- REALISTIC APPEARANCE: This Small Deco-Replicas Stone Aquarium Ornament & Hideaway resembles natural granite. Not only does this piece compliment the interior décor of many modern homes, it also serves as a hideaway and swim-through for your fish. Perfect for cichlid tanks, since they’re territorial fish, and must create their own space.
- EASILY STACKABLE: Our granite-like ornaments come in different sizes; individual units are offered in Small and Large. Stack or arrange these stones however you’d like within your tank. The possibilities and combinations are endless!
- SUPER SIMPLE TO CLEAN: Simply wipe down and rinse off ornament with warm water when you are cleaning out your tank. Never use soap, as the residual soap particles can harm your fish. It’s safe for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
- MEASUREMENTS: 2” (H) x 2. 75” (W) x 2. 5” (D)
- SHOP PENN-PLAX FOR ALL YOUR PET’S NEEDS: Penn-Plax is a manufacturer and distributer of top quality pet supplies, who specialize in creating excellent pet products for animals, both great and small.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Penn-Plax Officially Licensed Nickelodeon SpongeBob Aquarium Ornament â€“ Squidwardâ€™s Easter Island Home - Full Color 6.5â€ Decoration
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED: This ornament is great for anyone who loves the hit Nickelodeon show, SpongeBob! Enjoy the magical world of Bikini Bottom within your fish tank.
- MADE OF SAFE AND DURABLE RESIN: Ornament is inspected with your fish’s safety in mind; material is safe for both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
- SUPER SIMPLE TO CLEAN: Simply wipe down and rinse off the ornament with warm water when you are cleaning out your tank. Never use soap, as the residual soap particles can harm your fish.
- HOME TO SQUIDWARD Q. TENTACLES: This fun aquarium decoration will add magic instantly to your tank! Most small and medium sized fish can fit inside this ornament, allowing them to swim in and around it, which helps reduce boredom.
- MEASUREMENTS: Squidward’s house measures approximately 6.5” (H) x 3.5” (W) x 3” (D). It will fit easily in almost any fish tank sitting at home. It’s designed to be the perfect accent to any aquarium, regardless of size.
Tropical Fish Species: Plecostomus Catfish
A plecostomus is a fascinating fish. They look drastically different from many other types of freshwater fish and have an otherworldly quality to them.
Appearance and Temperament
All plecostomus fish have a distinct sucker mouth used for feeding. In an aquarium, they often literally hang out the sides of the tank, or on ornaments. They constantly glean all surfaces for signs of organic growth such as algae. They will also eat sick or dead fish. As the fish ages, they can get aggressive with other fish - even other plecos.
A plecostomus tends to have a broad head, wide eyes and a long body with a sailfish-like dorsal fin that can be raised or lowered at will. Their bodies and tails are all covered with scales. They have whiskers like catfish called barbells. They aslo have spines, so handling them can be quite painful. However, that will most likely not happen. Unlike some other kinds of fish, a plecostomus usually doesn't try to jump out of the tank.
The original plecostomus originated in South America and could grow up to 24 inches long. This is still the main or common variety found in pet stores. Although all common plecostomus can potentially grow to 24 inches, they don't always. Common plecostomus grow at different rates for each individual fish. They come in the usual mottled brown variety and an albino variety.
There are some varieties developed by aquarium hobbyists for the pet industry. Some varieties are specifically bred to grow only five inches long or less. These include the bristlenose plecostomus and the clown plecostomus. There is also a small species of sucker fish often called a plecostomus called an Otocinclus affins, or "algae eaters".
One of the most starling varieties is called the zebra plecostomus - and for a good reason. They are vividly striped in black and white. They are not as hardy as some of the other varieties and tend to prefer a more carnivorous diet. But they average only about four inches in length.
Another striking variety of called the gold nugget plecostomus. They are brown with vivid yellow polka dots all over the body and a ridge of yellow on the dorsal fin. Some individuals even have all yellow mouths and bellies.
A plecostomus will look as if it can blink. Actually, it's not blinking - its eye rolling. It can be quite startling if you aren't expecting it.
A plecostomus excretes a very long rope of waste - sometimes two or three times as long as the fish. Although it may look startling, the rope breaks down into smaller segments that are less obvious to see.
"Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies." Maddy Hargrove amp; Mic Hargrov. Wiley; 2020.