10 Best Freshwater Tropical Aquarium Fish
Updated on: March 2023
Best Freshwater Tropical Aquarium Fish in 2023
500 Freshwater Aquarium Fish: A Visual Reference to the Most Popular Species
Freshwater Aquariums (Aquamaster)
API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit
- Contains one (1) API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 color card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors 5 most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
Setting Up a Tropical Aquarium: Week By Week
Encyclopedia of Aquarium and Pond Fish
Freshwater Aquariums: Basic Aquarium Setup and Maintenance (Fish Keeping Made Easy)
Freshwater Aquariums For Dummies, 3rd Edition (For Dummies (Pets))
The Encyclopedia of Exotic Tropical Fishes for Freshwater Aquariums
Tetra TetraMin Tropical Flakes 4.52 Pounds, Nutritionally Balanced Diet For Aquarium Fish
- TROPICAL FORMULATION: For use as staple food for your top- and mid-feeding tropical fish.
- COMPLETE DIET: Nutritionally balanced diet for optimal health, color and vitality.
- CLEANER AND CLEARER WATER FORMULA: Won’t cloud water when used as directed.
- LESS WASTE: Feed two to three times daily, only as much as your fish can consume within three minutes.
Tropical Freshwater Aquarium Fish from A to Z (Compass Guides)
How to Transport Freshwater Tropical Fish when Moving
One of the most difficult things for a freshwater tropical fish owner to undertake is moving to a new home. While cats and dogs can be crated and moved in the family car quite easily, freshwater tropical fish have a whole other set of difficulties.
Freshwater Tropical Fish - How to Move Them
There are a few options of how to actually move the freshwater tropical fish to their new home. First, you could simply reduce the amount of water in their fish tank by half or three-quarters and transport it over smooth roads to your new home. If the fish tank is still too heavy, or the journey will be more chaotic than a simple day's drive, you might want to transport them in a bucket with a tight fitting lid. Be sure to leave enough air in the bucket for the exchange of gasses during the move. The last method to move the freshwater tropical fish is to put them in bags with water and air like they do at aquarium and pet stores.
Freshwater Tropical Fish - Maintaining Tank Health
The best way to ensure that you have a healthy fish tank ecosystem when you get to your new home is to leave the aquarium as it is during the trip. Of course, you will have to remove most of the water so it does not slosh all over your car. Leaving gravel, ornaments, and filters in place is a good idea. Freshwater tropical fish will appreciate a familiar tank in their new home, with all the beneficial bacteria already in place.
Freshwater Tropical Fish - Temperature Requirements
Since tropical fish require water temperatures between seventy-five and eighty degrees, on average, it may be a good idea to use a heater in or near the container they are travellig in. Of course, you cannot put a fish tank heater into a plastic bag or even a plastic bucket for any length of tiime. Most freshwater tropical fish will be fine at a lower temperature for a day or so.
Freshwater Tropical Fish - Their New Home
When the freshwater tropical fish reach their new home, it is important to test water conditions carefully before reintroducing them into their fish tank. Freshwater tropical fish tanks that have kept the same substrate, decorations, and filter media through the move will be more apt to maintain their health. Water pH and other chemical makeup can be different at your new home. It is a good idea to use all the water from the transport and to introduce new water gradually for optimum health.