Best Hob Aquarium Filter in 2022
Marineland PF0350B Penguin Power Filter, Upto 75 Gallons, 350 GPH
Aqua Clear - Fish Tank Filter - 5 to 20 Gallons - 110v
- Refiltration system that offers superior contact time with filter media and energy efficient pump lowers operating costs
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Filtration volume is upto 7 times larger than comparable filters
- Comes equipped with AquaClear Foam, Activated Carbon and BioMax and Cycle Guard for continuous biological filtration and superior water quality
- 2 year warranty; Ideal for aquariums upto 20 gallons
Penn Plax Cascade Hang-on Aquarium Filter with Quad Filtration System Cleans Up to 100 Gallon Tank (CPF5)
- Hang on aquarium filter quietly delivers 300 gallons per hour of crystal clear water for your fresh or marine aquariums from 55 to 100 gallons in size.
- Revolutionary Bio-Falls Quad-Filtration system provides efficient filtration with anaerobic bacteria for additional ammonia and nitrite removal providing maximum oxygenation.
- Activated carbon cartridge removes harmful chemicals, toxins, odors, discoloration, and other contaminants for your aquarium.
- Internal sponge optimizes colonization of beneficial anaerobic bacteria and polyfiber floss cartridge traps floating particulate matter.
- Adjustable flow knob allows you to reduce filtration during feeding times or as needed. Aquarium filter is recommended for both freshwater and saltwater applications.
AZOO Mignon Filter 60
- Small compact design
- Queit performance
- Ease of maintenance
SeaChem â€“ Large Aquarium Fish Tank Filter, Tidal 75 Gallon (300 Liters) by Sicce
- VENTILATION SLOTS – Additional aeration slots in the lid as well as the outflow ensure maximum gas exchange for fully oxygenated water up to 75 gallons.
- SURFACE SKIMMER – Includes a skimmer to capture debris floating just below the surface such as fish oil, algae, and other contaminants for crystal clear water.
- EASY MAINTENANCE – Automatic maintenance alert mechanism lets you know when the filter needs cleaning or maintenance, fully removable basket makes the cleaning process a mess-free breeze.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE – Adjustable telescoping intake pipe, flow regulation, and intake regulation make it easy to draw water through from any level of the tank.
- FRESH OR SALT WATER – Includes a clip to easily add a heater to the device to create the right environment for fresh or salt water fish.
Aqueon QuietFlow 10 Aquarium Power Filter
- Provides mechanical, chemical, biological filtration plus additional assistance with the Aqueon specialty filter pads
- Self-priming – starts up automatically after cleaning or power interruptions.
- Certified flow rates that assure proper water circulation for improved fish health
- LED indicator light flashes when it’s time to replace clogged cartridges by monitoring actual water levels.
- Internal pump design helps dampen noise and eliminate leaks
- Lifetime warranty; Ideal for aquariums up to 20 gallons
- Uses medium Aqueon replacement cartridges
Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel Power Filter, Multi-Stage aquarium Filtration
- WITH ROTATING BIO-WHEEL: Patented Bio-Wheel technology provides excellent wet/dry biological filtration.
- MULTI-STAGE FILTRATION: Delivers mechanical, chemical and biological aquarium filtration to maintain a clean aquatic environment.
- COMPATIBILITY: Use with Marineland Rite-Size Filter Cartridges (see individual filter for sizing recommendations).
- FIVE SIZES: Available in 75 GPH, 100 GPH, 150 GPH, 200 GPH and 350 GPH sizes.
Tetra Whisper Power Filter 40 Gallons, Quiet 3-Stage aquarium Filtration
- Quiet, reliable 3-stage filtration for clear and healthy water
- Mechanical Filtration: Dual-sided mesh catches debris and fish waste in its dense, fibrous network
- Chemical Filtration: Ultra-activated carbon absorbs odors and discoloration
- Biological Filtration: Bio-Foam creates a large 3-dimensional area for cultivating aerobic bacteria, which eliminate toxic ammonia and nitrates
- No moving parts means long-term reliability
Marina S10 Power Filter
- Power filter for aquariums up to 10 gallons
- Self priming
- Easy to maintain
- Adjustable flow control
Marineland Bio-Wheel Penguin 75 Power Filter, 10-Gallon
- Bio-Wheel technology delivers a three stage mechanical, chemical, and biological aquarium filtration
- Certified flow rate of 75 GPH (gallons per hour), perfect for aquariums up to 10 gallons
- The penguin power filter requires virtually no set-up, making it perfect for any fish lover
- Convenient penguin rite size "a" cartridge comes ready to use with each filter
Diagnosis of Marine Aquarium Diseases
Diagnosis of Marine Aquarium Diseases
The proper course of therapy can generally be selected from a tentative diagnoses based upon clinical signs and gross pathological changes. Ideally it is best to isolate the causative organism, do drug-sensitivity tests, and begin searching for clinical findings. This is not practical if you only have one sick fish.
It would be ludicrous to sacrifice the sick fish for a complete laboratory work up so you could know what it had and how it should have been treated before you killed it. If you are an importer and hundreds of fish developed acute clinical signs of disease then a definitive diagnosis would be necessary from a laboratory. It would also be important to do an antibacterial sensitivity test and try out the treatment on a few fishes prior to subjecting all of the fishes to your drug of choice. The average salt water hobbyist however will generally need to rely on the powers of observation and rational thinking to diagnose fish disease conditions.
Every marine hobbyist should have the capability to derive a tentative diagnosis from the clinical signs of disease in the living fish and from the gross pathological changes which occurred in the diseased fish. Remember it is not necessary to diagnose a condition any further than is required to institute proper therapy. If you diagnose the disease to a bacterial infection and treat it with the appropriate antibacterial agent, that is all that counts. It is really of only academic interest to know the specific bacteria that caused the infection.
Unlike human medicine where disease symptoms can be verbalized, veterinarians are forced to find out where lesions are without a conversation with the patient. In much the same way you will need to rely heavily on the powers of observation to determine which disease you are confronted with and how it occurred.
You will want to know the cause of the disease in order to select the proper course of therapy. The easiest way to establish the cause of disease is to observe the clinical signs and pathological changes. That is the order in which you will see them in your fish.