Best In Sump Aquarium Heater in 2021
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Therm Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Fully-Submersible, Shatterproof Design) From 25W To 300W
- Super-flat design. Fully submersible, modern design for energy efficient Aquarium and terrarium heating. Includes reversible holster/bracket, which allows heater to face inward or outward. See the product images to determine the best neo-therm size for your tank.
- Accurate, one-touch system. Simply set temperature between 66-96°f with one touch and the neo-therm electronic thermostat will maintain Tank temperature within +0.5°F. Led displays both set temp and actual temp, simultaneously.
- Ultimate safety and reliability. Integrated thermal protection circuitry prevents heater from overheating. If you forget to turn it off, the neo-therm will automatically shut it down.
- Virtually indestructible. Unlike cheap, glass heaters, the neo-therm is a resin/thermoplastic heater with a shatterproof outer-casing. Made in Poland and includes a 3-year warranty.
- Manufacturer You can trust. Most manufacturers rate their heaters on the ability to raise an aquarium 2-3°f above ambient temperatures. This is unreliable and misleading, as the average home fluctuates 2-3°f or more throughout the day. Cobalt rates The neo-therm on the ability to raise a tank 11°f above ambient temperatures, so you will never have to worry about overworking the neo-therm or it keeping up!
Hygger 500W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon
- 🐠【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 500W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 10.5 inch, 500W submersible heater for fish tank 60-120 Gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating
- 🐠【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it's very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck
- 🐠【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer
- 🐠【Fully submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it's easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible
Hygger Titanium Tube Submersible Pinpoint Aquarium Heater with Digital Thermostat,IC Temp Controller (500w)
- [FULLY SUBMERSIBLE]: Our Tank Heater is fully submersible in water HORIZONTALLY with 2 suction cups can be easily mounted on tank. Place it near a strong water flow so that the whole aquarium at the same temperature. Comes with a separate controller where you can easily adjust from low to high without taking out the heater from the aquarium or fish tank.
- [SHATTERPROOF & ANTICORROSION]: This Titanium Heater is completely shatterproof as there is NO glass in the construction– it’s made from heavy duty, durable Titanium. As it has a great feature of being anticorrosion, it is perfect for freshwater, saltwater aquariums and reef tanks.
- [PINPOINT TEMPERATURE]: Build-in external electronic theromstat, it has DUAL LCD display that clearly shows you the temperature setting in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. Up is aquarium temperature and down is set temperature. Heater will stop heating when temperature rise exactly to your desired temp. Heating temperature range 32 to 104°F. Control accuracy is +/- 0.5° C.
- [AUTOMATED SHUT OFF SYSTEM]: Temperature can be controlled and set to your desired degree of heat. It automatically sets off when it reached the designated temperature of your setting. VOLTAGE: 110V
- [TANK CAPACITY]: 500-watt aquarium heater, 12 inches in length. Recommended for aquariums with 60 to 120 gallons of water capacity.
Hygger 500W Titanium Aquarium Heater for Salt Water and Fresh Water, Digital Submersible Heater with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, for Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon
- 🐠【For Fish Tank 60-120 Gallon】voltage 110-120V, power 500W, heater rod length 12.3inch. The heater and controller power cords are the same length 5.5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.4ft. There are mounting holes on the temp controller back for hanging on the wall
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After well installing the aquarium heater and the thermometer, you just need to set the desired heating temp, it will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, it will automatically restart heating when the water temp is 1℉ less than the set temp. The controller has temp setting remember function
- 🐠【Durable Titanium Tube】this seawater resistant titanium aquarium heater is good for use in salt water and fresh water, service life can be 3 years or more. Very compact small, easy to hide in the tank. Don't suggest to use it in sump. The diameter of the titanium tube is19mm, you can buy suction cups suitable for this size when you need to get that replaced.
- 🐠【Digital LED Display】the IC temp controller can show the water temp and set temp at the same time, and there is a indicator light to show the heating status. You can press the 'up' key to shift degree unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- 🐠【Wide Temperature Range】With the thermostat controller you can set the temp from 32℉to 104℉, control precision is 1℉, please set the right temp for your aquarium pets. The separate thermometer can detect a temperature from -68℉ to 140℉, the measurement accuracy is 0.2℉ plus or minus, very sensitive
Hygger 500W 800W Aquarium Heater, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater with External Color LED Digital Temperature Controller,PTC Ceramic Frequency Conversion Fast Heating for 60~180 Gallon
- 🐟LED DIGITAL DISPLAY CONTROLLER: ① Displays real-time water temperature or set temperature, three-digit display, water temperature display accurate to 0.1 °F, easy to read. ② 4 kinds of work instructions - Working/Malfunction/ Thermostatic/ Out of water, easy to understand. ③ Child Lock"KEY": need to touch 3 seconds to set the temperature.
- 🐟RAPID HEATING: Fastest 5 seconds warming, with intelligent circuit board, work with new PTC ceramic thermal conductive material, the outside is wrapped with aluminum material to accelerate heat conduction and protection. Automatically reduces power when approaching the set temperature, fully utilizes thermal energy inertia to smoothly reach the set temperature, saving energy.
- 🐟INTELLIGENT THERMOSTAT: Over-temperature protection prevents "cooking fish". When the water temp exceeds about 93.5 °F, start alternately flashing EE fault code; and over 97℉, the heater will stop heating automatically. When the water temp cool down to 93℉, the heater will start working automatically. In addition, it has a power-off memory function and no need to set it again.
- 🐟ANTI-DRY PROTECTION: When the heating rod is exposed to air, display ER fault code and the heater will shut off automatically. When the heating rod is completely immersed in water, it will start working automatically. Effectively extend the service life. (PS: Suitable for freshwater only.)
- 🐟HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Built-in dual temperature probe, real-time monitoring of water temperature, temperature accuracy of ± 1 °F; high temperature resistant ABS material, no deformation and no softening, explosion-proof and anti-corrosion, no leakage of electricity. Strong suction cup bracket, can stably fix the heater in every corner of the fish tank.
Hygger 500W Aquarium Heater with LED Digital Temperature Controller, Submersible Fish Tank Water Heater for 60-120 Gallon Tank
- This fully submersible aquarium heater enables memory function and over heat protection. Auto shut off when over-heats, resets when it cools down.
- Made with premium quartz and double sealed by black protective guard, this fish tank heater is resistant to explosion and corrosion, and protect fish and other livestocks from punching and scalding
- Build-in external IC temp controller, easy to read blue LED digital number shows real time water temperature. Heat indicator lights on red when fish heater start to heat and turns in yellow once it reach set temperature. Temp accuracy is +/- 1°F.
- Easy to set temperature without getting hands wet. Temperature can be precisely adjusted from 61 to 90°F (16°C ~ 32°C). Just press set button to desired temperature, it blinks 3 seconds and begins to work
- 500 watt aquarium heater, voltage 110-120V, suitable for tank capactiy 60-120 gallon freshwater and saltwater aquariums
ViaAqua 300-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
- High quality quartz glass
- Visible temperature setting
- For use in fresh or saltwater aquariums
PGFUNNY 50W Aquarium Heater, Adjustable LED Digital Temperature Display Smart Thermostat Betta Fish Heater, For Betta Tank Heater with Protective Guard
- 【Fully Automatic Temperature Control Chip】Heater for betta fish have a automatic thermostat function, when water temperature reaches to specified temperature value, heater will automatically stop heating, when water temperature is lower than the set temperature, heater will automatically start heating.
- 【Water shortage protection】During its heating time, the small aquarium heater must be 100% submerged into the water. This heater automatically shut itself off once it remove from water which ensures the safety of your pet fish.when fully in water again it will return to normal work again
- 【Digital Display】With led display on the midle of the heater front side, Long press on fish tank heater switch to switch between Fahrenheit / Celsius display. External temperature setting avoids getting hands wet, digital LED display shows real time water temperature. Heating temperature range from 68 to 94°F.
- 【Suitable for aquarium pets】: Betta Heater Suitable for all kinds of aquarium pets, betta fish, tropical fish, goldfish, ornamental fish and turtles, can work in both brine and fresh water. All shapes and materials betta tank, whether it is glass or plastic, all can be used.
- 【CE Certification】: The aquarium thermometer made by heat resistant ABS housing, sandy quartz filler and MCH Alumina ceramic heating system, anti explosion & cracking, keep your fish from scalding.This product have certificated by CE, ROHS, FCC certifications.
Eheim AEH3617090 200-watt Jager Heater for Aquarium, 16-Inch
- Elemi Jaeger Trump Heater 15 Inch 200 Watt
- Manufactured by Elemi
- Made in Germany
Three Best Starter Invertebrates for a Reef Aquarium
Inverts are very beneficial to an aquarium. They are the link from fish to coral and can provide a plethora of color, designs, personality, symbiotic relationships and even help with fish parasites and other malodies...
The Cleaner shrimp, known by its Latin name Lysmata Amboinensis is the first of three inverts that is worth it's weight in gold. Not only is it a hardy shrimp once acclimated correctly, it is a colorful shrimp that provides yellow, red and white striping along its body. It is known as a decapod crustacean in that it will clean parasites of fish by setting up a cleaning station, much like when you bring your car to the car wash to have dirt and salt removed from the undercarriage and frame. The popularity of this crustacean has grown at an alarming rate because of its cleaning prowess as well as being able to consume foods lodged within your corals and rock that fish can't reach, aiding in water clarity and decreased nutrient levels. The Cleaner shrimp gets along with pretty much all fish with the exception of certain larger fish like Triggers, Hawkfish, specific Grouper and Eels, Pufferfish and Lionfish. You don't have to worry about this dilemma, however, as these fish are not reef safe. Cleaner shrimp feed on all types of food and are not finicky. The other nice thing regarding this shrimp is you will be able to see them more often than not, which can't be said of Peppermint and Fire Shrimp.
This next invertebrate is valuable for various reasons that differ from the shrimps mentioned above. The Serpent Sea Star deems aquarists attention in that they are exceptional clean up artists. Such sea stars as the Ophiomyxa is depicted as a long five banded legged crustacean of various colors and designs that complements other clean up crews employed within a reef aquarium. These animals are very hardy and perform yeoman cleaning skills allowing them to get into tight areas on and in live rock continually foraging for detritus, uneaten foods stuff and decaying matter, ultimately reducing dissolved organics and elevated nutrient levels. The Serpent stars popularity precedes itself as an omnipotent scavenger that will eliminate waste and other contaminants ensuring a healthy substrate and water parameters, ultimately having a profound effect on the other inhabitants living in the aquarium. these animals are not finicky eaters and once food has been introduced they quickly come out from their hiding places to locate the food with their legs and consume the food by expelling their stomach out from their body to swallow the food before absorbing their stomach back in its body.
The final invertebrate in my list is a snail. A very exemplorary one at that. The Cerith snail is a snail that not many aquarists pay to much attention to as they tend to favor turbos, and trocchus snails instead. The cerith snail is a welcomed addition in any reef aquarium as it is accustomed to cleaning algae off glass and rockwork. The key to this snails claim to fame is its ability to work its magic in the substrate as well as on glass. These special snails have no trouble traveling across sandy bottoms in search of food or to get from point a to point b. Whereas most snails would fall short in this crucial step, cerith snails rise without fear of dying due to becoming stranded upside down and not having the ability to travel over substrate. Cerith snails are a black cone shaped snail that feeds similar to other herbivores, by scrapping algae growth from tank glass, live rock and equipment. They grow no larger than two inches, which is ideal for getting into smaller areas and also ideally suited for maintenance in smaller aquariums. Cerith snails feed primarily on macro and micro algae and can often bee seen below the substrate in search of algae growing there. These snails are easily accessible at most retail outlets and online venues. They are very hardy, as I have maintained Cerith snails in my tanks for 12 years now. The key is to ensure that you have healthy snails selected for stocking your aquarium right from the get go. As with all invertebrates, you need to ensure that fish and other crustaceans don't prey upon these snails. Knowing the fish you have or plan on selecting in the near future and whether or not they are compatible with each other is essential to the success of your snail population.
Having been in the marine aquarium hobby for over 40 years, I can attest that these three invertebrates make sense and will afford you a nice array of diversity and style in which these animals will help you to be successful and have a clean tank along the way. The fact that these inverts are very hardy, easy to find and each offering different attributes as far as contributing towards maintaining a clean and healthy tank, affords these three inverts as can't fail propositions for a reef tank, large or small.
Once your tank gets established, other invertebrates can, then be added to diversify your invert population to focus on other potential problems that may arise over the horizon.