Best Light Fixture For Planted Aquarium in 2022
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 12 to 18 Inch, 8 Watts
Plant Spectrum Fluval Bluetooth Freshwater Light LED (48" - 60")
- Features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Includes six unique band waves for full spectrum results
- Includes optional pre-set habitat light configurations like Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted
Aqueon 100533613 Planted Aquarium Clip-On LED Light,Black,8" x 7" x 4.75"
- Clip-on Aquarium LED light; ideal for growing plants
- 60 bright LEDs help support and grow lush plants
- 3-Way soft-touch LED control (all on/Blue on/all off)
- Ideal for planted aquariums up to 20 gallons
- Easily mounts on framed or frameless aquariums with mounting screw
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light, Full-Spectrum Fish Tank Light for Planted Tanks 18-24 Inch, 16 Watts
- 6500K white LEDs and full spectrum RGB LEDs promote and support low-to-mid light level plant growth
- Improved in-line switch to reduce light damage by preventing moisture
- Extendable mounting brackets allow easy installation on a variety of aquarium widths
- LED strip light with independent White and RGB LED control
- A glass or acrylic canopy is highly recommended to extend the life of the unit by preventing moisture from affecting it
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 20 Inch
- Aquarium LED light: Finnex planted+ 24/7 HLC LED light
- 24/7 mode: fully customizable LED sunrise & Sunset
- Plants: Plant capable grow LED bulb configuration
- Led: controllable LED Fixture with 4 bulb - Green, Red, blue, daylight
- Remote included +built in sensor
- 20 inch Aquarium LED - good for 10 gallon aquariums
MingDak LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light Fixture,Full Spectrum Lighting for Freshwater Planted Aquariums,Slim & Thin Aluminum Housing,Extendable Brackets Fit 12" to 18" Fish Tank
- FULL SPECTRUM: 6500K natural light the combination of white, blue and red LEDs provide the correct spectral output for freshwater planted aquariums
- TWO LIGHT MODES: Daylight create a shimmering light that mimics the natural underwater effect of sunlight, night light allow for night time enjoyment of the aquarium.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Consuming very little electricity, use 70% less energy than fluorescent lamps and maintains brightness & color over time
- SLIM AND STURDY: the multi-chip SMD LED technology made it possible to create an incredibly powerful light with an slim and thin aluminum housing.
- QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: Adjustable sliding docking mounting legs offer flexibility in tank sizes and can expand from 12 inches to 18 inches
Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Light for Aquarium, 48 to 60-Inch
- SUPER BRIGHT- 6500k White LEDs and rich 445Nm Blue LED's come together in an amazingly sleek Fixture that's dialed in for freshwater Aquatics like nothing before
- MULTIPLE MODES- With modes that dim periodically to create cloud cover effects, storm modes that will blow you away complete with lightning strikes and innovative evening modes that include lunar and dusk – it’s sure to add excitement and intrigue to any aquarium.
- EASY INSTALLATION- Sliding docking legs allow quick and easy adjustments for a wide variety of installations. This system also makes adding multiple fixtures a snap.
- REALISTIC EFFECTS- Beyond the world of white and blue light, the Satellite LED also features effects that mimic real-world aquatic conditions.
- 30 DAY GUARANTEE-We are so sure you’ll be happy with your purchase that we offer a “30-Day Money-Back Guarantee” to ensure customer satisfaction of our Current USA products. If for any reason you wish to discontinue using the products, we will promptly issue a refund.
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 30 to 36 Inch, 18 Watts
- Super bright, energy efficient and long lasting LEDs to produce amazing shimmer to your aquarium
- Adjustable metal brackets to fit aquarium tank from 30 inches to 36 inches
- Light Fixture: 28.5 in L x 4 in W, Hood w/ Brackets Extend: 36 in L x 4 in W
- Two lighting modes: White & Blue LEDs for daylight and Blue LEDs for nightlight
- This product is recommended for use over panel or glass-covered aquariums
Finnex FugeRay Planted+ Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights, 36-Inch
- 36" Unibody Ultra Slim High Output Planted LED
- TRUE 660nm intensive photosynthesis RED LEDs
- (132) 7000k + (72) 660nm RED + (12) Blue Moonlights
- 26. 7 Total Watts
Hygger 14W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (18-24 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/14W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 18 inch to 24 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
Green Tips for Aquarium Owners
There are several tips you can use to ensure your aquarium creates less waste and uses less water. Best of all, you won't have a spend a fortune being green.
Goldfish are some of the most beautiful fresh water fish. Unfortunately, they can also be quite messy. To put it plainly, most of goldfishes' lives are spent eating and expelling what they eat. They create a lot of waste and the bigger the fish, the more waste. In other words, goldfish that get up to 10 inches long are going to create a lot of waste. All this waste means that the ammonia levels can rise and the need for frequent water changes will increase. Even goldfish varieties that are bottom feeders will still create waste after cleaning the bottom of your tank. If you must have a goldfish in your aquarium, the following tips will help keep you green.
Choose Fish Food Carefully
There are fish foods on the market that are specially formulated to create less waste. These are a great choice for goldfish owners. The reason these foods create less waste is that they are prepared with less protein. Many foods on the market contain more protein than can be digested, which means that the fish create more waste. When buying food, make sure to purchase the exact type needed for your type of fish so that it can digest most of what the food provides.
Purchase a High Quality Filter
A high quality filter can keep your aquarium looking clean and prevent unnecessary water changes. While some water changes will still be necessary, it can greatly reduce the number. Not only is a high quality filter necessary, but it's also advised to purchase a filter that is larger than what you tank needs. This helps ensure that you tank stays as clean as possible.
Invest in Bottom Feeders
Another natural way to keep your tank clean is to invest in bottom feeders. Catfish, plecos and loaches are all wonderful types of bottom feeders. The purpose of these types of fish is strictly to keep the aquarium clean. They eat any waste whether it's uneaten food or the waste of other fish. Either way, they do a great job at keeping your tank clean. One thing you should be aware of though is that some varieties can be aggressive and can grow quite large. Always discuss your current tank and fish occupants with the pet store before purchasing bottom feeders.
Reuse Aquarium Water
Aquariums do require water changes in order to stay clean and safe for your fish. That doesn't mean you have to let this water go to waste. Aquarium water is loaded with minerals. I use this water to water my flowers and it does wonders. Forget about using expensive fertilizers that are supposed to increase growth; aquarium water does the same thing and it's free. Best of all, you'll be a little bit greener by reusing the water.