Best Light For Aquarium Plants in 2023
NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Light, Full Spectrum LED Fish Tank Light for Freshwater Plants, 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 18 to 24 Inch, 11 Watts
- Super bright, energy efficient and long lasting LEDs to produce amazing shimmer to your aquarium
- Adjustable metal brackets to fit aquarium tank from 18 inches to 24 inches
- Two lighting modes: White & Blue LEDs for daylight and Blue LEDs for nightlight
- Light Fixture: 16.2 in L x 4 in W, Fixture w/ Brackets Extend: 24 in L x 4 in W
- This product is recommended for use over panel or glass-covered aquariums
NICREW Fish Tank Clip on Light, Clamp Aquarium Light with White and Blue LEDs, 320LM, 7 Watts
- Allows accurate views of plants, invertebrates and fish in their natural colors
- Provides an adjustable solution to mount LED light fixtures on virtually any aquarium
- Easy to install over the aquarium glass with the included screws, with no drilling or cutting
- A durable on/off rocket switch for lighting control
- Reccomended for aquariums 2.5 to 5 gallons
Beamswork EA Timer FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Freshwwater Plant Extendable (120cm - 48")
- LEDs: 54x 0.50W (2500 lumen)
- Config: 37x 10000K, 9x Actinic 460nm, 4x Red 620nm, 4x Green 520nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day / Night
- Suitable for freshwater, plants, cichlid
- 1 Year Warranty*
NICREW SkyLED Aquarium Light for Planted Tanks, Full Spectrum Freshwater Fish Tank Light, 12 to 18-Inch, 12-Watt
- 6500K white LEDs and full spectrum RGB LEDs promote and support low-to-mid light level plant growth
- Improved in-line switch to reduce light damage by preventing moisture
- Extendable mounting brackets allow easy installation on a variety of aquarium widths
- LED strip light with independent White and RGB LED control
- A glass or acrylic canopy is highly recommended to extend the life of the unit by preventing moisture from affecting it
Hagen Fluval Plant Bluetooth Nano LED Aquarium Light (15 Watt)
- Programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Optional pre-set habitat light configurations (Lake Malawi, Tropical, Planted)
- Fully adjustable positioning (up/down, side-to-side, forward/backward)
- New over-the-glass mounting design with repositionable, secure grip
- Independent color control
Plant Spectrum Fluval Bluetooth Freshwater Light LED (48" - 60")
- Features programmable, gradual 24-hour light cycle settings (sunrise, midday, sunset and night)
- Includes six unique band waves for full spectrum results
- Includes optional pre-set habitat light configurations like Lake Malawi, Tropical, and Planted
MingDak Submersible LED Aquarium Light,Fish Tank Light with Timer Auto On/Off, White & Blue LED Light bar Stick for Fish Tank, 3 Light Modes Dimmable,4W,7.5 Inch
- 3 LIGHTING MODES: The white, the bule or the white & blue light brings out the color of everything in tank,creates a wonderful aquascape. It is the best choice for main light, accent light,or replacement aquarium hood light.
- GOOD FOR PLANT & FISH: Ultra-bright 7000-7500k White LEDs and rich 460nm blue light are sufficient to grow your plant thriving.It also lights your fish in a way that really changes their color to stand out.
- BUILT-IN TIMER: The fish tank light has built-in timer and 3 timing durations, it will come on and go off at the same time every day and light up for 6 hours,10 hours or 12 hours.No need to buy extra timer.
- BUILT-IN DIMMER: There are 18 super bright leds in the 7.5 inch fish tank light, if you have over bright issues, you can adjust the brightness with the built-in dimmer for each white light and blue light.
- WATERPROOF AND EASY TO MOUNT: It is submersible and with moveable suction cups, mount the light on tank bottom or at the top, attach it into the tank any angle or even outside the tank.
Hygger 14W Full Spectrum Aquarium Light with Aluminum Alloy Shell Extendable Brackets, White Blue Red LEDs, External Controller, for Freshwater Fish Tank (18-24 inch)
- 🐠【Ultra Bright Led Light】this aquarium led light is DC12V/14W, 5730 large leds, super bright, makes the aquarium water look more sparkly clean.Suggest for fish tank 18 inch to 24 inch in width, support low-to-mid light level plant growth. Input: AC100-240V/60HZ. Suitable for freshwater aquarium, not for saltwater use
- 🐠【Adjustable Brackets】the fish tank light comes with 2 metal and 2 plastic mounting brackets, which are both freely extendable. You can easily to install this led fish tank light on most aquarium tanks, with cover or no, with rims or rimless
- 🐠【3 Light Color Modes】this aquarium light has 3 light modes: White LEDS, Blue+white+red LEDS, Red+ blue LEDS, it's very easy to shift the color by press the second button for 1 to 3 times on the controller. Color changes will make your one aquarium change to 3 different wonderful views
- 🐠【Brightness & Timing】 you can adjust the light brightness from 100% to 10% according to your prefer or the light needs of the plants, 5 levels of brightness in total. Besides, on the external controller, you can set the lighting time to 3, 6 or 12 hours by pressing the third button for 1 to 3 times
- 🐠【Durable Aquarium Light】low profile mounting bracket fish tank light, with aluminum alloy metal shell，has a nice feel and fast heat dissipation. With high-quality leds, energy efficient, can last up to 20000 hours of lighting
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 24 Inch
- Aquarium LED light: Finnex planted+ 24/7 HLC LED light
- 24/7 mode: fully customizable LED sunrise & Sunset
- Plants: Plant capable grow LED bulb configuration
- Led: controllable LED Fixture with 4 bulb - Green, Red, blue, daylight
- Remote included +built in sensor
- 24 inch Aquarium LED - good for 20 and 29 gallon aquariums
How to Choose Reef Aquarium Lighting
Reef aquarium owners enjoy the colorful fish, coral, and invertebrates living in the tank. The correct reef aquarium lighting increases the visual appeal. Fish, corals, live rock, and beneficial bacteria also need a certain level and quality of aquarium lighting to thrive.
Before buying reef aquarium lighting, ask yourself the following questions:
1. What organisms live in your tank?
2. How large is your reef aquarium?
3. What type of light works the best for you?
Reef Aquarium Lighting - Organism's Needs
Compared to freshwater aquariums, reef aquariums need more light in general. Fish are not the only ones who need the light. Reef aquariums, or salt water fish tanks, also hold coral, invertebrates, and live rock. If the live rock is used for background or decoration only, the light needs for your reef aquarium are lower.
Live rock is home to photosynthetic plants and animals, such as macro algae, that need high intensity lights to grow and survive. Since this type of live rock is beneficial in a reef aquarium, you should choose brighter aquarium lighting.
Reef Aquarium Lighting - Tank Size and Depth
Basing the reef aquarium lighting needs on gallons of water in the tank gives a false impression. Recommendations on wattage per gallon range from one and a half to six.
The tank size, and especially the depth, give a more accurate measurement of reef aquarium lighting needs. Light intensity decreases quickly through water. If your reef aquarium is deep, you will need two to four times as many lights than if it is shallow.
Reef Aquarium Lighting - Types of Lights
Compact fluorescent lighting are the most popular types of aquarium lighting for both fresh and salt water set ups. This type of reef aquarium lighting comes in long tubes filled with inert gas. They are usually inserted into a plastic or aluminum aquarium hood with a reflector behind the bulb.
VHO lighting refers to 'very high output' fluorescent lighting. Convenience is a large factor in choosing this type of reef aquarium lighting. To get the same intensity with normal output fluorescents, you would need many more bulbs. VHO reef aquarium lighting provides the proper amount of light for all reef dwellers.
Metal halide reef aquarium lighting works on the same principle as flurorescent bulbs: inert gasses are electrified inside a compact tube. However, the metal halide variety utilizes more energy to make light, making them more efficient. Metal halide bulbs are often developed with specific gas mixtures to intensify reef aquarium fish colors.