Best Light For Discus Fish Tank in 2022
Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Discus (180cm - 72")
Finnex Planted+ 24/7 LED KLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 36 Inch
- True customizable sunrise & Sunset effect W/ Controller
- Hands free: simulating fire Red sunrise to blue starry night
- 7K/multi-color blend for Plant Growth
- Sleek designed built in sensor +water resistant LED coating
- Four Customizable color channels, Dimmable, weather modes
Hygger Blue White LED Aquarium Light Clip on Small Led Light for Planted Saltwater Freshwater Fish Tank with Gooseneck Clamp 21W
- ✔ SUPER BRIGHT LED FISH TANK LIGHT -- Premium 45 LED in total to produce amazing shimmer effect to your aquarium and emit enough bright light for a healthy and growth environment for your fish and other inhabitant. 21W led fish tank light is recommend for 10-30 gallon tank.
- ✔ TWO LIGHTING MODES -- White and blue LED for daylight, blue LED for nightlight.
- ✔ SLEEK DESIGN -- Ultra-thin aluminium alloy shell ensures excellent heat dissipation, while acrylic casing is SPLASH RESISTANT and safe to use. Update version: we do some changes on clip, so it fits for most rim and rimless tank thickness up to 0.9 inch
- ✔ FLEXIBLE GOOSENECK CLAMP – Adjustable clamp allows for flexibility in fitting varied angle and position by gently turn the soft arm of the lamp.
- ✔ WIDE APPLICATION – Hygger led aquarium light is ideal for freshwater or saltwater aquariums and aquatic plants.
NICREW ClassicLED Gen 2 Aquarium Light, Dimmable LED Fish Tank Light with 2-Channel Control, White and Blue LEDs, High Output, Size 18 to 24 Inch, 15 Watts
- The 2nd generation of the ClassicLED aquarium light, more LEDs and 50% brighter
- With inline LED controller, white and blue LEDs can be operated together or independently, allow you to adjust the light intensity and spectrum for your tank
- Adjustable mounting brackets to fit rimless or rimmed aquariums from 18 inches to 24 inches in length
- Ideal for freshwater or saltwater fish-only and low-high light level aquarium plants
- This product is recommended for use over glass or acrylic canopy-covered aquariums
Odyssea T5 Quad Timer 6500K Aquarium Light HO Freshwater Plant Discus (72")
- Lumen: 23000 initial
- Wattage: 320W (4x 80W)
- Config: Staggered 4x 6500K, 6x LEDs
- Includes timer panel, aluminum reflector, mounting legs
- For freshwater and planted aquarium setups
BeamsWork EA White Blue LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light Extendable Timer Ready (72" - 76")
- Config: 10000K, Actinic 460nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day/Night Extendable
- Suitable for freshwwater, cichlid, tropical fish, FOWLR
- 1 Year Warranty*
Koval 129 LED Aquarium Light Hood with Extendable Brackets, 36-Inch to 43-Inch
- Bright LEDs with 5 colors, full spectrum LEDs and makes phycophyta vivid
- Extendable bracket makes LED light fits different size aquariums in extendable range
- High-quality LEDs, can be used at least 50000 hrs
- If one of the LEDs is not working by being misused, the others would not be affected (But other cheaper ones will be extinguished lots of LEDs and can't be used any more)
- High efficiency, low energy dissipation, save cost, extend LEDs life span
Timer for Aquarium Light - Easy to Program - Heavy Duty Mechanical auto Switch - Safe Grounded 3 Prong Outlet: Suitable for Household use Too
- AUTOMATICALLY TURN LIGHTS ON AND OFF--- Automatically adjust the lighting in your aquarium to mimic your fish’s natural environment. For most aquariums, you can set the timer to 12 hours of light and 12 of darkness for a perfect balance.
- 24 HOUR TIMER--- The SunGrow analog timer has pins marking 15 minute increments over a 24 hour period. Create a daily and nightly schedule for your aquarium lights or heater and leave the timer to take care of everything.
- EASY TO PROGRAM--- The analog mechanical operation of this timer is simple to use. Push the pins up will switch your lights off, when you push the pins down the timer will switch on.
- SURGE PROTECTION--- This 24 hour timer switch is built with a grounded 3 prong receptacle for safety. This will protect any appliances you may be using in case of an electrical surge.
- MULTIPLE USES--- You can use this 2.08" W x 4.2" H timer switch for almost anything. Plug in aquarium lights, lamps, fans, household appliances or hydroponic systems for automated schedules.
Beamswork EA Timer 6500K 0.50W LED Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant (120cm - 48")
- Lumen: 2600
- LEDs: 54x 0.50W
- Config: 45x 6500K, 9x Actinic 460nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day / Night
- Suitable for freshwater, plants, cichlid, discus, tetra
BeamsWork DA FSPEC LED Aquarium Light Pent Freshwater (180cm - 72")
- Lumen: 8000
- LEDs: 182x 0.50W
- Config: 102x 10000K, 32x Actinic 460nm, 22x Red 620nm, 26x Green 520nm
- Timer Ready, 2 Mode Day / Night
- Suitable for freshwater, plants, cichlid
10 Quick Tips to Successful Discus Fish Farms
When you decide to set up your discus fish farms, you may think you need to have a large area with hundreds of tanks. This isn't necessary, and you can start with fewer than 10 discus tanks and do just fine.
1. Calculate the amount of space you have available. Plan out the amount of space versus the number of tanks you want to set up. Figure out how much square feet is available.
2. Sold floors for discus fish farms is a must. With concrete, you will be sure and have the discus tanks secure. If you have a wooden floor make sure that you reinforce it well. In this way, you won't risk your floor giving way under the tank weight.
3. Water storage is your next challenge. Plan that out so that you can make water changes easily. It's a good idea to have a place with a sink which will make daily tasks easier to handle.
4. Heating discus fish farms is the next challenge. Make sure that you insulate the room, and if you decide to heat the tanks, put polystyrene on 2 to 3 sides of the tanks.
5. Take care of waste disposal. This includes debris, waste water and the like, so in addition to a sink, you will want a good drainage system as well.
6. Figure out how you will filter your tanks either individually or through a large central filter. It is recommended that sponge filters be used that will run off one or two big air pumps. In this way, you will save electricity because running either larger or smaller individual pumps takes about the same amount.
7. When creating your blueprint, take into account room being left between the tanks so that you can take care of them. Whatever your size, make sure there is adequate space between or you will increase your frustration in the long run and be prone to having accidents.
8. With your layout, determine the levels you will want as well as the width of the room. 3-tier stands are good as they use the height of the room as well.
9. What will your water change schedule encompass. If you don't have an endless amount of time to change the water, setup an automatic water changing system which will save you hours in manual labor.
10. Plan your work and work your plan. Be prepared for problems because even with the best planned out discus fish farms, there is potential for challenges. Be prepared to change things and tweak your layout where necessary. If you need more information, you can also buy books on how to successfully setup discus fish farms.