Best Live Plants For Betta Fish Tank in 2022
Greenpro (Anubias Nana Petite Lava Stone) Anubias, Java Fern, Moss and More! Freshwater Live Aquarium Plants on Driftwood for Aquatic Tropical Fish Tank Decorations - Easy to Drop
Java Fern Bare Root | Microsorum Pteropus - Low Light Freshwater Aquarium Plant
- You get 1 young Java Fern bare root of approximately 4-6" in height.
- This Java Fern s a great and easy way to attaching Java fern to driftwood, rocks, etc
- Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful. Perfect for aquariums of any size
- IMPORTANT - If your region is freezing, do not order as they are live plants and will likely arrive frozen and unusable
Luffy Betta Balls : Live Round-Shaped Marimo Plant : Natural Toys for Betta Fish : Aquarium Safe
- BIG AND BEAUTIFUL ADDITION FOR YOUR BETTA --- These LUFFY Betta Balls are beautiful marimos that are a great addition for your betta’s tank. They are large, between 1.6 and 2-inches, and add color to your tank.
- TOY FOR YOUR BETTA --- Bettas love to move stuff around and LUFFY Betta Balls make the perfect toys for your watery pet. Therefore, not only do they help to keep your betta’s entertained.
- REAL MARIMOS ARE NOT ALWAYS SPHERICAL & MIGHT HAVE SOME BROWN SPOTS ON THEM --- As you buy LUFFY Marimo Moss Balls, you should be able to differentiate between a real and a fake marimo. The 100% genuine marimo will not always be spherical in shape or lush green in color. It is perfectly ok to have some brown spots. However, if you do find sparkling green and perfectly spherical marimos, there are high chances that they are cultured marimo.
- ADDS TO THE AESTHETIC BEAUTY --- We believe in selling genuine marimo moss balls, expect to receive regular/irregular shaped moss balls which are not always in deep green color. Undoubtedly, the marimo moss balls add to the aesthetic beauty of the aquarium.
- EASY MAINTENANCE --- LUFFY Betta Balls require practically no maintenance. All they need are some light and fresh water. Basically, everything you already have in your betta’s tank. The only other additional maintenance is that when you change your betta’s water, you have to give the Betta Balls a squeeze over a bucket to help remove any dirt. When done, simply toss it back in the tank.
Penn Plax Aquaponic Betta Fish Tank Promotes Healthy Environment for Plants and Fish 1.4 Gallon Capacity - APON2
- Plastic plant holder with ceramic substrate planting material
- Planter can create a healthy habitat for betta fish by replicating nature's cycle
- Plant above purifies water and absorbs fish waste as nourishment
- Betta fish tank is easy to clean; planter is simple to remove when needed. Can be used as a planter alone for many water thirsty plants
- Recommended for betta, goldfish, bloodfin tetra, and white cloud minnow
Greenpro Echinodorus Bleheri | Amazon Sword Paniculatus Potted Live Aquarium Plants for Aquatic Freshwater Fish Tank
- Excellent plant for beginner.
- Ideal position : Rear section (background)
- Provide the most healthy and beautiful environment to your aquarium pet.
- USDA approved.
- Carefully inspected and organized before packing.
biOrb Easy Plant Pack, Small
- Twin pack of easy to use plastic aquarium plants used to decorate your aquarium and give your fish a more interesting environment
- Compatible with Freshwater/Saltwater/Tropical aquarium set ups
- This size is suitable for the Baby biOrb aquarium or as a foreground plant in the biOrb or biUbe.
- Unique self-righting design, non-floating
DaToo Aquarium Light Small LED Clip Light for Fish Tank, 1 Yr Warranty
- DaToo Aquarium Clip Lights - How to enjoy your beautiful fish at night? DaToo Aquarium Clip Light helps you implement it easily. Both white and blue lights not only make your aquarium more beautiful at night but also promote aquarium plant growth and improve your fish tank's ecological environment. Select DaToo Aquarium Clip Lights and let your fish live in a beautiful and healthy environment
- High Brightness And Energy Saving - DaToo Aquarium LED Light uses German high-brightness and energy-saving light beads, brightness is 1.5~2 times that of ordinary Aquarium LED light. but energy consumption is only 60% of ordinary LED lights. Select DaToo Aquarium LED Lights, not only provide better light for your fish, but also save electricity fees for you.
- 360 Degree Light Adjustment - Different light Angle can let your aquarium tank show different feeling. Just gently turn the soft arm of the DaToo Aquarium Lights and you'll get the angle you want. Very Easy. Select DaToo Aquarium Clip Lights, adjust your lighting angle as you like.
- Safe And Sturdy - Every plastic component of the DaToo Aquarium Clip Light is made with high-quality, Environmentally friendly, Durable, Sturdy plastic. Just gently turn the screw on the clip and you can fix the aquarium light on the tank wall. The sturdy material ensures that DaToo Aquarium LED LIGHTS has a long service life and can be firmly fastened to the wall of your fish tank. Select DaToo Aquarium LED Lights, let us serve you and your fish for life.
- DaToo Aquarium Service - One Year Warranty and 100% Money-back Guarantee. Your satisfaction is the pursuit of DaToo. Select DaToo Aquarium Product = Own A Private Aquarium Housekeeper. JUST DO IT, Let’t Go!!
Mainam Echinodorus Parviflorus Rosette Amazon Sword Live Aquarium Plant Rooted Bundle for Freshwater Aquatic Tank Decorations
- Live Aquarium Plants : Rosette Amazon Sword 1 bundle. (3"-7" length)
- Difficulty - Medium | Light - Medium | Growth - Medium.
- 3 DAYS LIVE GUARANTEED: In a very rare case our live plant dead on arrive or within 3 days. Please send us the photo within 3 days. Live Guaranteed will be voided after 3 days of delivery. We honor our guaranteed.
- Photo is not actual plant but is a sample of our stock.
- Safe for your aquarium pets.
Marina Ecoscaper Hydrocotyle Silk Plant Plant, 8-Inch
- Hydrocotyle silk plant decoration for aquatic environments
- Natural-looking translucent colors can't fade
- Easy and secure placement
- Undulate with currents
- Measures 8-inch tall
6 Marimo Moss Ball Variety Pack - 4 Different Sizes of Premium Quality Marimo from Giant 2.25 Inch to Small 1 Inch - World's Easiest Live Aquarium Plant - Sustainably Harvested and All-Natural
- STRAIGHT FROM US TO YOU: Other sellers often attempt to sell marimo through fulfillment services that keep your plants in a dark, dry box for 2-5 weeks. If it says "Sold by *** and Fulfilled by ***" under the price, that means the plants are being shipped from a fulfillment center instead of directly from the seller. All the extra time in transit all but guarantees the plants will die in the months following delivery, and is actually illegal since fulfillment services don't have nursery licenses.
- HIGHEST RATED MARIMO ON AMAZON: Unlike other Marimo, our moss balls go through a 3-step quality control process where we quarantine and treat the Marimo to eradicate potential pests and parasites, carefully grade each Marimo to remove low quality specimens, and then each moss ball is gently hand washed to remove most sand and silt. This ensures our Marimo are free of all the common contaminants and pests included with most Marimo on the market. Our Marimo are sustainably harvested in Europe and are 100% natural with no dye, pesticides, or other contaminants.
- THE EASIEST LIVE AQUARIUM PLANT: Marimo Moss Balls are without a doubt the easiest live aquarium plant; they require no special aquarium light, CO2 system, or aquarium plant fertilizer. Marimo also remove nitrogen and phosphate from the aquarium, increasing water quality and removing algae by competing with algae for nutrients. Marimo can be kept in nearly any freshwater aquarium that has a temperature of 78f or less. They are particularly useful in shrimp and snail tanks, as the shrimp and snails love grazing on them for biolfilm.
- BEAUTIFUL AQUARIUM DECORATION: With their deep green color, spherical shape, and easy level of care, Marimo are the perfect live aquarium decoration. Their unique appearance makes them a centerpiece aquarium ornament in any small aquarium, and a wonderful addition to aquarium driftwood, aquarium rocks, and other natural decor of a large aquarium. Marimo are also widely popular for use in terarriums, jars, vases, and other containers. Marimo are a unique wedding gift idea, and they are traditionally given as gifts in Japan to signify love and commitment to a partner.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We are so sure that you'll be impressed by the quality and value of our Marimo pack that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with your moss balls for any reason whatsoever, we offer a no questions asked refund policy. Simply return your Marimo through Amazon for a full refund, and you won't even be charged for shipping.
How to Make a Divider for a Fish Tank
In this article you will learn how to make a simple and inexpensive divider for your aquarium using some basic office & craft supplies. It is ideal for Betta fish tanks and any aquarium where the inhabitants need to be separated.
1. Plastic Canvas/Mesh
The plastic canvas can be purchased at most craft stores and some well known department stores. I purchase mine at Michaels. It was 47 cents(US) per sheet, made by Darice company. I purchased 2 sheets of ''Christmas Green'' measuring 10.5" x 13.5". I decided to use 2 sheets so I could have some extra stability and in hopes that it would make my bettas have a more difficult time seeing each other. They had never been in a divided tank before so I decided to take extra precautions. Darker colors also make it more difficult to see through as opposed to clear or lighter ones. It all depends on your animal's personalities whether to take extra precautions or if a lighter divider is fine. They have a large variety of colors available.
2. Slide Lock Report Covers
The Report Holders/Slide Lock Report Covers have proven hard for some people to find. I recommend calling around to local office supply stores and department stores. I happened to find mine at a CVS/pharmacy store. They came in packs of 3 in 3 different colors black, white and blue. Mine cost about 2 dollars (US) a pack. You will need at least 4, one for each side of your divider. I purchased 2 packs and used the 2 blacks where they would be seen most (the sides) and other colors for the top/bottom. You will not need the clear protective cover sheets for this project, only the slider binders.
3. Scissors (Stronger or Craft Scissors May Be Needed To Trim Report Holders)
You will need a clear bottom to place your divider flush without any space or substrate in the way. Doing this during a substrate change would be ideal or you can pile up the gravel, sand etc. to have a clear space if you don't want to remove any. This is very important as many animals including fish can dig to the other side if you leave a space under the substrate. Also, make a removable measure mark on the outside of the tank so can place your dividers evenly. I used a dry erase maker.
I started with cutting the plastic canvas the basic dimension of the tank. It will have to be smaller but it's much easier to have to cut off a little more than to cut too much and have to try and repair or start from scratch. After you have the obvious excess cut off slide a report holder on each side. I had to trim the ends of the report holders to be placed on the top and bottom so they would fit together. Once this is done you begin the process of fitting it in the tank and removing it to make adjustments. It's not the funnest part but most important. Keep trimming off a little of the mesh at a time if necessary till it fits correctly. It should be fitted tightly and flush with no spaces on the bottom or sides but with out the mesh bowing. It's important to remember it will fit differently with or without water and substrate. Often a perfectly snug divider can become loose on top or all over once water is refilled. If you made your divider while the tank was partially full or empty with out realizing this you may need to make a new one or repair it. An easy fix for this problem is to use one of the report holders and trim it a little less than the current one on the top. This will push the side holders apart and make for a tighter fit.
I paid approximately 6 dollars (US) to make this divider vs 10.99+Tax at my local pet store. You may even be able to lower that price depending on where you are able to purchase your supplies.
Finishing Touches amp; Tips
1. Make sure not to fill your tank to the top of the divider so your animals can not jump to each others sides, bettas are notorious for this. Having a glass top on your fish tank will also prevent them from jumping to the other side.
2. Using aquarium safe silicone to secure the divider is a great option for an extra secure and more permanent divider. If cut correctly it should not be necessary but is still a great option. Remember you have to do this in a dry clean tank and give the silicone time to cure. I advise not trimming your plastic canvas down too much till this is done and the tank is back up.
3. The holes in the plastic canvas allow water to flow through but it's still a good idea to have air stones in compartments that might not have as much surface agitation or are further away from the filter. If you have a choice place the filter in the middle.
4. It's important to keep an eye on your animals and make sure they are getting along even with a divider. There are some bettas for example who just refuse to do well in a divided tank and will remain stressed at the presence of another betta. Even though that betta is on the other side of a divider. Always have a backup plan.
Whether you make your own or purchase one. A tank divider is a great way to make room to expand your aquatic family so long as each animal is still given plenty of space.