Best Nitrifying Bacteria For Freshwater Aquarium in 2022
API QUICK START Nitrifying Aquarium Bacteria, Allows Instant Addition of Fish and Maintains Active Biological Filter, 16-Ounce Bottle
Hagen Fluval Biological Enhancer/Booster for Aquariums, 16.9-Ounce
- Immediately establishes safe biological aquarium environment
- Powerful responsive ammonia and nitrite elimination
- Prevents fish loss
- Allows immediate introduction of fish
- For Fresh and Saltwater Use
Dr. Timâ€™s Aquatics Freshwater One & Only Nitrifying Bacteria â€“ For New Fish Tanks, Aquariums, Water Filtering, Disease Treatment â€“ Eco-Friendly Fish Tank Cleaner â€“ Removes Toxins â€“ Treats 120 Gallons
- THE BEST WAY TO SANITIZE A FISH TANK: Freshwater One & Only quickly converts waste in aquariums to a non-toxic form. Utilize this powerful solution when setting up new fish tanks, while cleaning filters, adding new fish, or after a water change.
- REMOVES HARMFUL TOXINS FROM FRESHWATER FISH TANKS: Even with regular water changes and maintenance, aquariums and fish tanks produce bad bacteria. Freshwater One & Only instantly creates a bio filter to remove nitrite and toxic ammonia naturally.
- 100% NATURAL, ECO-FRIENDLY FISH TANK CLEANER: No need to wait when treating your new aquarium or fish tank with Freshwater One & Only. This fish tank cleaner eliminates new tank syndrome and does not include sulfur or other offensive odors.
- AQUARIUM SUPPLIES YOU NEED: Offer your fish and corals an environment in which they can thrive with this product for freshwater fish tanks and aquariums. One & Only is available in quantities that include 30, 60, 120, 240, 480, 960 and 1920 gal.
- HIGH-QUALITY AQUARIUM PRODUCTS: Dr. Tim’s Aquatics offers an expansive line of aquarium products used by professionals and residential customers. Dr. Tim’s Aquatics’ products are backed by scientific evidence and innovative research.
Fritz Aquatics 80223 FritzZyme 7 Nitrifying Bacteria for Fresh Water Aquariums, 1-Gallon
- The Original Live Nitrifying Bacteria for Fresh Water
- Rapidly Eliminates Toxic Ammonia and Nitrite
- Allows for Safe and Immediate Introduction of Livestock
- Establishes and Maintains a Healthy Biofilter
- A Safe, Natural Approach to Water Treatment
Seachem Stability Fish Tank Stabilizer - For Freshwater and Marine Aquariums 500 ml
- TANK STABILIZATION: Seachem Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome".
- TREATMENT: Stability is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- BACTERIA GROWTH: The necessary conditions for the growth of Stability's bacteria strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the unknown death of an organism), Stability simply becomes more effective.
- USE: Shake Seachem Stability well before use and turn off UV/ozone filter. Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days.
- SAFE: The bacteria employed by Stability are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of overuse.
Fluval Biological Enhancer for Aquarium, 8.4-Ounce
- Powerful team of beneficial bacteria immediately inoculates aquarium water
- Creates a safe biological habitat for your fish
- Eliminates ammonia and nitrite
- Will not harm plants; animals or humans
- Size: 8.4 oz.
Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 - Bacteria & Water Conditioner for Fish Tank or Aquarium, Populates Biological Filter Media for Saltwater and Freshwater Fish, 125ml
- Establishes biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups
- Reduces nitrogen, nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, ammonia & organic carbon in all marine and freshwater aquariums with extremely effective microbes and enzymes
- Veterinarian Pathologist tested and recommended
- Made in the USA
Tetra 77960 SafeStart, 15-Gallon, 50-ml, 1.69-Ounce
- Treats up to 100 gallons as maintenance to boost bacteria (use during filter cartridge changes or when treating your aquarium)
- For new aquariums, it will fully cycle a 20 gallon aquarium
- Patented live bacteria allow immediate addion of fish in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- SafeStart acceleratesthe establishment of the bio-filter in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- The live bacteria start working immediately to provide a safe and healthy environment for your fish without a long wait
Dry Format Bacteria 1oz, 28.3g Treats 1,925 gallons Fresh Water Aquariums
- 90-95 Strains of Beneficial Nitrifying Bacteria, 8.5 billion CFU/g
- 1oz, 28.3 grams treats 1,925 gallons
- Easy measuring scoop included; 1 scoop, .15cc contains 1.25 billion CFU/g nitrifying bacteria
- Contains Both Nitrosomonas and Nitrobacter Strains to Synergistically Convert Ammonia to Nitrite and Nitrite to Nitrate
- Helps to cycle new aquariums and maintain beneficial bacteria cycles in existing tanks.
ATM Blue Shark Animal Planet Tanked Colony Nitrifying Bacteria Freshwater for Aquarium, 4-Ounce
- CYCLES: The one that works, effectively imports actual true nitrifying bacteria
- AUTHENTIC: Other products don't contain the right species of bacteria, Colony Freshwater does!
- STRAINS: Nitrosomonas & Nitrobacter for primary ammonia and nitrite consumption in the freshwater environment
- INSTANT: Add fish same day, not weeks later
- PROVEN: Used and approved by commercial aquariums
Fire Shrimp: Add Some Spice to Your Reef Aquarium
The fire or blood shrimp offers a dazzling splash of vivid color, that can enhance any reef aquarium...
Fire shrimp tend to be a shy and timid fish, more so that their cousins the skunk and peppermint cleaners, so their ability to be seen out in the open is not going to be very often. They will continuously hide among the rock work and corals of your tank and come out for a meal or to set up their cleaning station only! This is one of the only negative downfalls regarding these fire shrimp. Their vibrant color really adds to the beauty of any reef aquarium and to not be able to see these beauties more is surely unfortunate, especially since these are one of the most expensive of all the cleaner shrimp in terms of price at roughly $35.00 each.
Lysmata debelius are a deep red color throughout their body except for around six white spots on the upper part of their carapace by their head, combined with white legs and antennae. It has been said that depending on the local of the fire shrimp, they may or may not sport these white spots. The size obtained by fire shrimp usually never exceeds 3-4 inches.
For the best overall success housing fire shrimp in a reef environment, more than one fire shrimp can be kept together. Moreover, other cleaner shrimp can also be maintained successfully with fire shrimp. Some aggression may or may not be witnessed with the addition of more than one cleaner shrimp in the same tank. If you want to try to reduce the chances of this aggressive behavior being experienced, a larger tank and adequate amount of hiding places will alleviate these percentages.
The maintenance of stable and ideal water parameters is very important and can make the difference between your shrimp living a few days or a few years in captivity. Fire shrimp are susceptible to nitrites and ammonia levels above 0 as well as spikes in pH, salinity and alkalinity especially. Careful frequent water testing combined with a weekly water change regimen will help to foster living conditions ideally suited for blood shrimp.
The fire shrimp is a omnivore and opportunistic feeder. They will pick on various pods and other living tidbits on or in your live rock. Blood shrimp will also feed on the parasites they pick off of the fish at their cleaning stations and will gladly accept the various food stuff offered by their owner. Mysis and brine shrimp, clam, squid, formula food, algae and worms are all beneficial foods eagerly accepted.
The lysmata debelius species is not as common as the skunk and peppermint shrimps and the price is often substantially higher than the others, however, these are truly a remarkable and beautiful fish, that deserve a place in any reef aquarium that doesn't have eels or certain species of Trigger fish. The price and greater effort used to seek out one of these fire shrimp should not hinder your attempts in selecting one of the gems for your aquarium.