Best Sand To Use In A Freshwater Aquarium in 2022
Alan Stone Glow in The Dark Home and Garden Fish Tank Aquarium Decorative Sand Gravel Rock (3-5mm, Sky Blue)
Flourite Black Sand, 7 kg / 15.4 lbs
- This product is easy to use
- This product adds a great Value
- This product is Manufactured in United States
Landen Namaule Sand 5kg (11 lbs.), Super Natural for Aquarium Landscaping, Cosmetic Sand for Plant Tank, Natural River Sand for Freshwater or Blackwater Biotope Tank(NS-001)
- 【Nature Landscaping】NAMAULE SAND is a natural product used as a general aquarium fish tank sand and a make-up sand for aquatic plant landscaping.
- 【Natural Color】With a gentle and natural color, available for different landscaping designs, applicable in a variety of ways; can express riverbed styles in natural landscapes
- 【Quality Assurance】With a gentle and natural color, available for different landscaping designs, applicable in a variety of ways; can express riverbed styles in natural landscapes
- 【Safe to Use】Purely natural product with moderate PH, friendly to the quality of water, without releasing any hazardous matter harmful to fish and aquatic plant
- 【Size】Weight per Bag: 5kg (approx. 11.2 lbs.); Grain Size: 0.3 - 0.5mm; Average Density: 75 pounds per cubic foot
Pure Water Pebbles African Cichlid Bio-Activ Natural White Aquarium Live Sand for African Cichlids 20 LB.
- Bio-Activ Live Natural White Live Cichlid Sand 20LBS (Grain size: 1.2 -1.7mm) Provides Rift Lake environment perfect for African Cichlid. Use them in your aquariums and ponds to make the floor bottom look great. It provides living space for beneficial microbes and anchoring for plants. It also helps with the filtering process of the water in your aquarium tank or pond by increasing the surface area available for nitrifying bacteria to colonize. "
- Contains live bacteria to quickly stabilize your tank & Immediately removes nitrogenous waste (Ammonia, Nitrite and helps remove Nitrate)
- This product is natural not artificial, prevents bio-fouling & Restores natural organic balance
- Contains live Heterotrophic and Autotrophic bacteria to provide a proper inorganic balance
- All Bacteria are preserved in their natural live state
SunGrow Aquarium Gravel and Sand Cleaner Kit with Priming Bulb, 4-Minutes to Assemble, Easy-to-Use, Perfect for Neon Tetra Fish Tanks, No Mess and Spillage During Water Maintenance
- ✔ GOOD AQUARIUM KEEPING AT YOUR DOORSTEP — No more scooping up dirty water with a pail; that can be messy. SunGrow Aquarium Cleaning Pump kit is a system with a hand controller that helps you clear out your tank efficiently and quickly by having the features you definitely need! This is suitable for maintaining fish aquariums belonging to characiform order. Each part is meticulously designed to give you the best aquarium cleaning experience you can possibly have.
- ✔ ROUTINE MAINTENANCE MADE EASY — Each SunGrow Gravel and Sand substrate cleaner comes with a short nozzle, nozzle net, flexible standard tubing, operation/pump bulb, and discharge hose. While all these parts can be adjusted and modified as per your needs, the operation bulb or the hand starter is the unique component that sets it apart from other similar items in the market.
- ✔ FREQUENT WATER CHANGE ENSURES HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT — Without water changes, your Characidae inhabitants may have a hard time inside their little home. This tool by SunGrow has the ability to withstand kink. Routine maintenance is made possible and it will not take much of your time. This no-spill system is made high quality to not let your cardinal, black or serpae tetra fish get hurt or even disturbed while it is being used to transfer water.
- ✔ 4-MINUTES TO SETUP — The short nozzle feature of SunGrow Aquarium sand and substrate cleaner is perfect when you want to replenish or drain water out of your tank. Just place the nozzle in your tank. For convenience, attach it with a suction cup. This will make work easier for you because you don’t need to hold it while draining out water! Press on, or squeeze the pump bulb 5 to 7 times and the water will start to flow out of the nozzle. See the description below for more details.
- ✔ HASSLE-FREE STORAGE- The flexible siphon pump restricts the small gravel and debris from going into the hose. Not only that, after it has done the deed, it won’t give you a hard time thinking where you would store it, as it can be placed practically anywhere! With its strategic portable design, you can keep it in any place you want where you can easily access it the next time you need it.
API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit
- Contains one (1) API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 color card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors 5 most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
Natural Rapport Aquarium Gravel Cleaner - The Only Gravel Cleaner Fish Need - Professional Aquarium Gravel Cleaner to Naturally Maintain a Healthier Tank, Reducing Fish Waste & Toxins (16 fl oz)
- NATURAL, HEALTHIER AQUARIUM - Our gravel cleaner introduces healthy, natural bacteria that biologically eliminate excess fish waste, fish food, toxins, odors, and other organic wastes. This leads to cleaner, clearer water, and a healthier fish tank.
- EXTEND YOUR TANK MAINTENANCE - Our professional grade, non-chemical formula will extend the time between water changes and vacuum gravel cleanings by eliminating organic waste that accumulates in your aquarium. It also helps correct for overfeeding.
- MAKE YOUR AQUARIUM WATER FISH SAFE - Our gravel cleaner not only improves water quality and clarity and minimizes odors, but also naturally reduces the build-up of toxic ammonia and nitrite as well as problem-causing nitrate and phosphate.
- PROFESSIONAL, EASY, ONE-STEP APPLICATION - Simply add one capful per 10 gallons to your Saltwater or Freshwater aquariums for cleaning. That's it, done! No messy accessories, tools or pump. Our 16 oz bottle treats up to 960 gallons, now that's value.
- OUR PROMISE - All supplies made in the USA. We have a customer promise of "complete product delight". We are a family-owned business passionate about making natural products with high standards keeping your beautiful fish safer and healthier.
Luigi's Aquarium/Fish Tank Siphon and Gravel Cleaner - A Hand Syphon Pump to Drain and Replace Your Water in Minutes!
- ✔️️ Perfect For Regular Water Changes - No Messy drips, and a sturdy one way valve to improve suction. You can clear 30L in about 5 minutes.
- ✔️️ Keep your Aquarium Clean - Filter through the gravel using the attachment to suck up food, fish waste and toxins that build up in your tank.
- ✔️️ Fish and invertebrate Safe - Use The attached filter to prevent sucking up small fish and shrimps.
- ✔️️ Great Value - A lot of fish accessories are overpriced. This simple, robust product does the job of a much more expensive siphon at a fraction of the cost.
- ✔️️ 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you're not happy for any reason just let us know and we'll give you an instant refund. No questions asked!
Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner - Chemical Remover and Detoxifier 500 ml
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
GloFish Aquarium Gravel 5 Pounds, Black with Fluorescent Accents, Complements Tanks
- aquarium GRAVEL: GloFish aquarium Gravel creates a colorful base for all your GloFish ornaments.
- RANGE OF COLORS: Choose pink, green, white, black with fluorescent accents, or a mix of colors.
- BASK IN THE GLOW: Fluorescent-accented gravel stands out under GloFish blue LED lights.
- HIGHLIGHTS YOUR TANK: Use as a substrate or accent, along with GloFish plants and ornaments (sold separately).
- EXPERIENCE THE GLO: GloFish fluorescent fish and products create a complete underwater fluorescent experience.
Fun, Family-Friendly Things to Do in Athens, Texas
Athens, Texas, is about 75 miles southeast of Dallas, Texas, and is home to Lake Athens, Athens Scuba Park, the Texas Freshwater Fisheries and the East Texas Arboretum and Botanical Society.
Lake Athens spans 1,500 acres and is a fishermen's dream. Anglers come from all around to try their hand at catching largemouth bass, catfish, redear sunfish, and crappie. The lake also has a public marina with lake access and plenty of camping spots, and the marina is open all year around. To get to the marina, just hop on Texas 31 in Athens, take FM 2495 across from Super Wal-Mart. Go east 1 mile. The ramp and restaurant/store are on the right at the far end of the bridge. There is no entrance fee for the park, and no fee for lake access. If fishing isn't your cup of tea, there are plenty of places to swim, go canoeing, hiking, or just do a little bird watching.
The Athens Scuba Park was built by divers, so they know exactly what divers want in an underwater exploration experience. They offer over 30 wrecks to explore and an average visibility of 35' that can peak at 70'. You can explore the first Greyhound bus that country singer Ray Price toured in, a Lockheed C-140 Jet Star plane, various motorcycles, a VW beetle, and other unique underwater attractions. Don't forget to bring your camera to capture the wide variety of unusual backdrops! The park is open Wed. - Sun. 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. in the spring and summer season and Wed. - Sun. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. in the fall and winter season. The park is located at 500 N. Murchison St. in Athens Texas. Their phone number is 903-675-5762.
The Texas Freshwater Fisheries is home to almost every species of fish found in Texas. Visitors can explore the fish hatchery via narrated tram tours, fish in the stocked casting pond, or watch one of the daily dive shows. The Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center is located about four miles east of Athens and 75 miles southeast of Dallas. Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sunday. They are closed on Mondays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Easter Sunday. Regular admission is $5.50 for adults, $4.50 for seniors 65 and older, and $3.50 for children ages 4 through 12. Their phone number is 903-676-2277.
The East Texas Arboretum spreads over one hundred acres and is a living refuge to all the botanical beauty of East Texas. They hold educational forums throughout the year where you can learn about such things as herbs, flowers, and greenery. They have a children's play garden with butterfly gardens, water features, two play houses, and a sandy play area. The Arboretum is a great place to relax and enjoy nature. There are also several restaurants near by and places to shop. The East Texas Arboretum is located at 1601 Patterson Road in Athens, Texas and their phone number is 903-675-5630. Hours of operation in Spring and Summer are 7:30 am till 7:30 pm; Fall and Winter hours are 8 am till 6 pm. Admission is a membership or suggested $2.00 donation per person over 12 years of age.