Best Starter Fish For Freshwater Aquarium in 2023
API QUICK START Nitrifying Aquarium Bacteria, Allows Instant Addition of Fish and Maintains Active Biological Filter, 16-Ounce Bottle
API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit
- Contains one (1) API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit, including 7 bottles of testing solutions, 1 color card and 4 glass tubes with cap
- Helps monitor water quality and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Accurately monitors 5 most vital water parameters levels in freshwater aquariums: pH, high range pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate
- Designed for use in freshwater aquariums only
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle, White (52C)
- Contains one (1) API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Neutralizes chlorine, chloramines and other chemicals to make tap water safe for fish
- Prevents tap water chemicals from causing gill destruction, tissue irritation and fish death
- Super strength, high concentration formula
- Use when adding or changing water and when adding new fish to freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Fluval Biological Enhancer for Aquarium, 8.4-Ounce
- Powerful team of beneficial bacteria immediately inoculates aquarium water
- Creates a safe biological habitat for your fish
- Eliminates ammonia and nitrite
- Will not harm plants; animals or humans
- Size: 8.4 oz.
Aqueon 100527256 Fish Tank Aquarium LED Kit, 10 Gallon
- Low profile full hood contains vibrant cool white LED lighting to bring your aquatic environment to life
- QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter has a red LED light that flashes to indicate when it’s time to change the cartridge – no more guessing!
- Preset heater will keep your aquarium temperature at a constant 78 degrees, appropriate for most tropical fish
- Complete setup guide included
- Complete aquarium kit includes: 10 gallon glass aquarium, low profile LED full hood, QuietFlow 10 LED PRO power filter with medium cartridge, 50W preset heater, premium fish food, water conditioner, fish net, stick-on thermometer
API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Contains one (1) API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Makes tap water safe and protects fish with dual-action formula
- Removes chemicals from tap water that are harmful to fish
- Replaces fish’s protective coat damaged by handling, shipping or fish fighting with healing power of Aloe Vera extract
- Use when adding or changing water, when adding new fish and when fish are sick or injured
Seachem Stability Fish Tank Stabilizer - For Freshwater and Marine Aquariums 500 ml
- TANK STABILIZATION: Seachem Stability will rapidly and safely establish the aquarium biofilter in freshwater and marine systems, thereby preventing the #1 cause of fish death: "new tank syndrome".
- TREATMENT: Stability is formulated specifically for the aquarium and contains a synergistic blend of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria which facilitate the breakdown of waste organics, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate.
- BACTERIA GROWTH: The necessary conditions for the growth of Stability's bacteria strains encompass a very broad range. When other bacteria begin to die off (usually from high organic loads caused by the unknown death of an organism), Stability simply becomes more effective.
- USE: Shake Seachem Stability well before use and turn off UV/ozone filter. Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 40 L (10 US gallons) on the first day with a new aquarium. Then use 1 capful for each 80 L (20 US gallons) daily for 7 days. Fish and other aquatic species may be introduced at any time as long as dosage is maintained for 7 days.
- SAFE: The bacteria employed by Stability are non-sulfur fixing and will not produce toxic hydrogen sulfide. Stability is completely harmless to all aquatic organisms as well as aquatic plants, thus there is no danger of overuse.
Tetra 77960 SafeStart, 15-Gallon, 50-ml, 1.69-Ounce
- Treats up to 100 gallons as maintenance to boost bacteria (use during filter cartridge changes or when treating your aquarium)
- For new aquariums, it will fully cycle a 20 gallon aquarium
- Patented live bacteria allow immediate addion of fish in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- SafeStart acceleratesthe establishment of the bio-filter in newly set-up freshwater aquariums
- The live bacteria start working immediately to provide a safe and healthy environment for your fish without a long wait
capetsma Aquascape Tools, Long Stainless Steel Aquarium Plant Tools Aquarium Tweezers Scissors Spatula Tool Set Bonsai Kit Algae Scrapers Aquarium Cleaning Kit for Fish Tank Starter kit
- 5 in 1 Aquascaping tools - 10.6" Straight Tweezer, 10.6" Curved Tweezer, 9.8" Aquatic Curved Scissor / bonsai scissors, 13" Substrate Spatula, 100 strips PH Tester 1-14, Comes with a decent velvet pouch, for you to package well when not in use.
- Premium Quality and Minimizing interference - Forged stainless steel with excellent flexibility and rustproof material, specially designed Anti-slip clip end, instead of putting your hands into water , These Aquarium Plant Tools can prevent accidental injuries?to your aquatic plants and bring debris all over the aquarium?;
- Must-have Aquarium Starter Kit - It works wonderful for precision pruning, rearranging, maintaining, cleaning, trimming, grooming aquatic plants, does not disturb the rest of the decor/plants, or accurately spot feeding without unnecessarily contaminating water or getting soaked.
- Multi-function - Great for taking care of all types of aquarium plants, clean fish tank substrate and aquarium gravel. Also, it can be used as Algae Scrapers and Bonsai tools, helps maintain a clean fish tank and beautiful yard.
- Your satisfaction is our lifetime goal. We are committed to providing you with the most satisfactory products. The package includes 5 aquascape tools with 80 strips PH Tester. If you discover some parts missing when you receive it,contact us,we promise to resend it.
API AQUARIUM START UP PACK Water Conditioner 1.25-Ounce Bottle 2-Pack
- Contains one (1) API AQUARIUM START UP PACK Water Conditioner 1.25-Ounce Bottle 2-Pack
- Makes tap water safe for fish and reduces fish stress.
- Starts aquarium cycle and allows instant addition of fish.
- Comes with two API products, STRESS COAT and QUICK START, for a healthy start-up aquarium.
- Use when starting a new aquarium, changing water, or adding fish. Add STRESS COAT first and then QUICK START.
Velvet Disease in Fish: 5 Facts You Must Know
Velvet Disease in fish has been identified using other aliases. This disease is also called Rust, Gold Dust Disease, Odinium. It is common in aquarium fish and some saltwater fish.
Fact 2: Velvet Disease in fish is highly contagious. Oödinium is a small parasite like organism that causes Velvet Disease. Classifications are mixed as it related to this parasite. Some people refer to Oödinium as protozoan while others suggest it as algae. This parasite can live in the water without feeding on a fish for up to 24 hours. After this amount of time, the Velvet finds a new host fish. Stressed fish are susceptible to Velvet disease. This disease is known to occur in crowded environments or an atmosphere where there are poor water conditions like ponds. Aquariums that do not have quality water may allow Velvet disease to flourish.
Fact 3: Velvet Disease is deadly among affected fish. The parasite attacks skin cells and gills on a fish and feeds on nutrients from them. Velvet destroys a lot of the tissue on a fish during its feeding cycle. Velvet Disease in fish may not be easy to detect until it has advanced in stages and become fatal. Fish that have severe skin infections may not respond to treatment. Putting a bright light up to the fish to examine its skin or dropping it in fresh water may help to detect Velvet. Using the fresh water method, the organisms will fall to the bottom of the water.
Fact 4: There are various symptoms of Velvet Disease in fish. One common symptom is a tired looking fish that does not have much of an appetite. The infected fish may also suffer from weight loss and have trouble breathing. Fish may also scratch itself on hard surfaces around the aquarium. Other symptoms included clamped fins and a fine yellow, dusty or gold film on the fish's skin. Velvet Disease may also cause the skin to peel off of the infected fish.
Fact 5: A product called Acriflavine is known to treat Velvet disease in fish. Acriflavine is a dye that stains the skin. You could also treat Velvet disease with copper. Using too much of Acriflavine or Copper could cause problems for your fish such as poisoning or infertility. Removing light sources in and around the aquarium and rising water temperature has also been said to help treat infected fish.