Best Substrate For Aquarium Snails in 2021
DreamDealsSG 100x Tourmaline Balls for Freshwater Aquarium Tank. Mineral Supplement Substrate. Live Shrimp Food, Betta Fish Food, and Crayfish Food. Water Conditioner for Freshwater Shrimp etc.
CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black
- Complete substrate for freshwater planted aquariums
- Contains major and minor trace elements to nourish aquarium plants
- Substrate encourages healthy plant root growth
Carib Sea ACS00110 Crushed Coral for Aquarium, 10-Pound
- Caribe crushed coral 10lb per case
- A solid and economical performer
- Economical Performer
Seachem Flourish Freshwater Plant Supplement - Aquarium Element and Nutrient Blend 250 ml
- SUPPLEMENT: Seachem Flourish is a comprehensive plant supplement for the natural freshwater aquarium, containing a rich assortment of important micro elements, trace elements and other nutrients.
- ELEMENTS: In order to benefit your aquatic plants and help your freshwater environment thrive, Seachem Flourish contains calcium, magnesium, iron, and other important elements.
- WATER TREATMENT: For best results, use 1 capful (5 mL) of Flourish for each 250 L (60 US gallons) once or twice a week. For smaller doses, please note that each cap thread is approximately 1 mL. Refrigeration is recommended 3 months after opening.
- SOLUTION COLOR: It is normal for the color of Seachem’s Flourish to vary by batch as the solution color is dependent on the temperature at which the product was blended. This variation in color is of no consequence to the function of Flourish.
- SAFETY: Seachem Flourish is safe to use for invertebrates such as shrimp, but is designed to be used in conjunction with other macro and micro-nutrient supplements in aquariums only.
Zoo Med 26084 Eco Earth Loose Bag, 24 Quart
- Ideal for naturalistic terrarium type set-ups incorporating reptiles, amphibians or invertebrates
- Use it damp for tropical species as it naturally absorbs and breaks down odor and waste products
- 24 quart economy size for larger terrariums
SunGrow 3 Cholla Woods, 5â€ Long Aquarium Decor, Chew Toys for Small Pets, DIY Artistic Home-Decor, Long Lasting Driftwood, Release Tannins to Keep Aquatic Pets Healthy, Functional Ornamentation
- ✔ CHOLLA WOOD FOR YOUR PETS --- SunGrow Cholla Wood is the dried husk of the Cholla cactus. No live cacti are cut for our cholla wood. Each pack contains 3 pieces, each 5 inches long with a hollow centre. Simply soak for 24 to 48 hours and it’ll settle down to the bottom of the tank.
- ✔ FOR PLAYING AND HIDING --- Small shrimps, fry and fish enjoy swimming through and hiding in the Cholla Wood. They find it both entertaining and a place to hide.
- ✔ FOR CHEWING AND ADDITIONAL NUTRITION --- Larger fishes and hermit crabs sometimes chew on Cholla Wood. Reptiles, hamsters, birds and other small pets also enjoy using Cholla Wood as a chew toy.
- ✔ PREPARING YOUR CHOLLA WOOD --- SunGrow Cholla Wood is a thorn-free log. Shrimp, fry, pleco, hermit crabs, fishes, even reptiles and birds love Cholla wood. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
- ✔ DECORATIVE FOR YOUR PLANTS AND CRAFTS --- Cholla Wood is used to enhance the appearance of potted plant and flora. Their naturally rustic surfaces are coveted for crafts. Hobbyists often use these for making candle-holders or for simply decorating a photo frame.
Aquatic Arts 3 B-Grade Mystery Snail Combo Pack | Aquarium Algae Remover / Substrate Cleaner / Safe in Freshwater Tetra / Guppy / Betta Fish Tank
- Add a variety of colors to your aquarium set with this colorful Combo pack, which includes one of each of our b-grade Golden, Blue, and black mystery snails!
- This listing is for B grade snails at a discount price that may have minor shell damage/calcification, but are otherwise perfectly healthy. We do our best to send an assortment of colors.
- This colorful Snail Pack helps clean algae off Aquarium glass, live Aquarium Plants, Tank décor, etc. They are peaceful and can be kept with most fish and dwarf shrimp, such as blue velvet shrimp.
- They grow to over 2 inches - one of the largest snails available! Other than algae, they eat Snail food, fish food, etc. A 7.5 to 10 gallon tank is generally large enough for 3 mystery snails.
- Basic fish Aquarium supply required, such as Aquarium Fish filters. All Aquatic Arts brand Plants and animals come with a 100% live ARRIVAL guarantee, plus free email support!
Fashionclubs Crystal Glass Aquatic Plant Cup Pot Holder, Aquarium Tank Live Plant Glass Pot Red Shrimp Holder with 2 Suckers,Fish Tank Aquascape Decor,2-Pack
- Material--- our aquatic plant pot is made of premium glass&plastic material, smooth surface, perfect decoration supplies for aquarium tank;
- Strong sucker-- plant glass pot for aquarium tank is designed with 2 sturdily attached suction cups, easy moving and hang tightly on the fish aquarium;
- Unique design-- on the bottom, it has permeable holes;declining design makes the plants receiving sunshine and light easly;
- Dimensions-- 5cm/1.97”x6cm/2.36”x7cm/2.75”, the deminsion are great to fit aquariums, and look elegant;
- Wide application-- our glass live plant cup is perfect to breed Aquatic Plant, Anubias and Bucephalandra for all types of freshwater and saltwater aquarium,your fish like to swim into them and check it out ,an adorable addition to your fish tank;
Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum, 8.8-Pound
- Mineral rich volcanic soil
- Stimulates strong plant growth
- Promotes neutral to mildly acidic pH
- Suitable for plants or shrimp
- 8.8 Pound bag
API Leaf Zone Freshwater Aquarium Plant Fertilizer 18 oz Bottle
- Aquarium plant food
- Promotes healthy aquarium plants
- For freshwater tanks
- Item Package weight : 1.25 pounds
Overview of Freshwater Aquarium Snails
Many fish keepers enjoy adding aquarium snails to their tanks. There are many types of aquarium snails to consider.
Freshwater Aquarium Snails - Ramshorn Snails
Ramshorn aquarium snails are so called because of the flat, spiral shape of their shells. These freshwater aquarium snails come in black, red, and spotted varieties. They reproduce fairly quickly. This aquarium snail prefers to eat plant life and algae in your freshwater fish tank.
Freshwater Aquarium Snails - Apple Snails
Apple snails are one of the most popular freshwater aquarium snails. They come in yellow and black color types. These freshwater snails also eat plant food and will help keep algae growth down in your fish tank. Apple snails are very large varieties that can reach up to two inches in diameter.
Freshwater Aquarium Snails - Pond Snails
Pond snails are often called by other names in the aquarium store. They have elongated shells and reproduce rapidly. They often hitchhike into your aquarium on plants purchased from pet stores. These freshwater aquarium snails can eat all plant life in an aquarium.
Freshwater Aquarium Snails - Trumpet Snails
Trumpet snails are freshwater aquarium snails that are truly beneficial to the aquarium. They eat fish food and debris that falls to the bottom of the tank, and also eats algae. Trumpet snails are nocturnal and usually hide during the day or when the aquarium lights are on.
Why Add Freshwater Aquarium Snails to Your Fish Tank?
Freshwater aquarium snails do a variety of things in your fish tank. First, they add interest to an aquarium otherwise populated by fish. Freshwater snail shells can be very attractive.
There is also a practical benefit to keeping freshwater aquarium snails. Many eat algae or excessive fish food in the tank. This debris can otherwise cause health issues if left on the substrate.
Fish that Eat Freshwater Aquarium Snails
Several fish are notorious freshwater aquarium snail enemies. These fish can be helpful if your snail reproduces too rapidly, a common complaint of aquarium keepers. However, too many of these fish will decimate the aquarium snail population.
The fish include: loaches, catfish, puffers, goldfish, bettas, and barbs.
Adding freshwater aquarium snails to your fish tank can add extra interest. Snails can also eat algae and extra fish food and thus help to keep your aquarium clean. Aquarium snails are also entertaining and visually interesting.