Best Substrate For Live Plants In Aquarium in 2021
CaribSea Eco-Complete 20-Pound Planted Aquarium, Black
SunGrow Aquarium Temple Plant Seeds, 2 Ounce, Improves Water Color and Quality, Easy to Grow with Minimal Maintenance, Vibrant Green Tropical Hygrophila Plant for Freshwater Fish Tanks, 1 Pack
- ✔ BEAUTIFUL, BRIGHTLY COLORED AQUATIC PLANT --- Native to South-East Asia, the vibrant green giant hygrophila is commonly used in aquascaping for many reasons besides its natural beauty. The reasonable hardiness and stem reaching to 1.5-3 inches wide and 10-15 inches high make this live aquarium tropical plant perfect for freshwater aquariums especially large tanks.
- ✔ IMPROVES WATER COLOR AND QUALITY --- All plants have the ability to convert carbon dioxide into much needed oxygen that fish and aquatic life require in order to survive. Plants also absorb CO2 and nitrates produced by fish waste creating a natural ecosystem and healthy habitat for your fish. The best thing about hygrophila is that it grows fast and helps keep aquarium water clean by removing nitrates, making it an ideal choice for the new aquarists.
- ✔ EXCITING, INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR AQUATIC PETS --- This undemanding and extremely attractive giant hygrophila covers a large surface in just a short span of time creating a stunning, dynamic underwater environment. It is completely safe for betta, shrimp, mollies, guppies and other freshwater fish to play in.
- ✔ EASY TO GROW WITH MINIMAL MAINTENANCE --- Once you receive your seeds, simply spread the seeds into the moist soil along the bottom of your freshwater aquarium. The plant requires moderate sunlight and thrives in 74°- 82°F water temperature having an alkalinity of 3 to 8 dKH and a pH of 6.5-7.5. Since this carpet plant grows quickly, it is recommended to trim it regularly and give it a high amount of sunlight to thrive.
- ✔ NATURALLY SPREADS ACROSS YOUR TANK --- When they are young, they look like the most popular carpeting plants, and when they completely grow, they form dense, lush stem plants over the floor of your tank. The regular trimming will keep these plants flat onto the ground creating a lush and gorgeous aquascape for you and your visitors. To promote even quicker growth, simply remove a few leaves from the bottom 1" to 2" of the stem, and new root growth will form from the last node on the stem.
Fashionclubs Crystal Glass Aquatic Plant Cup Pot Holder, Aquarium Tank Live Plant Glass Pot Red Shrimp Holder with 2 Suckers,Fish Tank Aquascape Decor,2-Pack
- Material--- our aquatic plant pot is made of premium glass&plastic material, smooth surface, perfect decoration supplies for aquarium tank;
- Strong sucker-- plant glass pot for aquarium tank is designed with 2 sturdily attached suction cups, easy moving and hang tightly on the fish aquarium;
- Unique design-- on the bottom, it has permeable holes;declining design makes the plants receiving sunshine and light easly;
- Dimensions-- 5cm/1.97”x6cm/2.36”x7cm/2.75”, the deminsion are great to fit aquariums, and look elegant;
- Wide application-- our glass live plant cup is perfect to breed Aquatic Plant, Anubias and Bucephalandra for all types of freshwater and saltwater aquarium,your fish like to swim into them and check it out ,an adorable addition to your fish tank;
Fresh Water Aquarium Live Plants Dwarf Baby tears Seeds Foreground or Carpeting in Planted Fish Tank. Safe for Shrimps, Betta, Goldfish, and Guppies.
- Dwarf Baby Tears plant dresses your aquarium ground with an elegant close lush green leaf cluster.
- Having live plants in your aquarium will help to produce oxygen, absorb carbon dioxide and ammonia that fish generate.
- Healthy live plant will help to balance the ecosystem in your aquarium
- Easy to maintain and will germinate from 7 to 15 days. Spread seed on substrate and keep it moist.
- For best result sufficient lighting and trimming to keep the leaf small and low to the ground.
Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum, 8.8-Pound
- Mineral rich volcanic soil
- Stimulates strong plant growth
- Promotes neutral to mildly acidic pH
- Suitable for plants or shrimp
- 8.8 Pound bag
Seachem Flourite Black Clay Gravel - Stable Porous Natural Planted Aquarium Substrate 15.4 lbs
- GRAVEL: Seachem Flourite Black is a specially fracted stable porous clay gravel for the natural planted aquarium. Its appearance is best suited to planted aquaria, but may be used in any freshwater aquarium environment.
- AQUARIUM BED: Gravel modifiers such as laterite are not necessary when using Seachem Flourite Black as this product is most effective when used alone as an integral substrate bed, but it may be mixed with other gravels.
- SET-UP: When adding water to the aquarium, fill slowly to avoid disturbing Flourite Black substrate bed. Place a bowl in the aquarium and add water directly to the bowl, allowing water to overflow softly on to the gravel bed. Initial cloudiness is normal, but to remove this simply use mechanical filtration
- COMPATIBLE: Flourite Black substrates will work fine with an under gravel filter and will not soften or decompose to an unsuitable state within your tank.
- SAFETY: Seachem Flourite Black is not chemically coated or treated, thus does not alter the pH of the water. Flourite Black is beneficial for the life of the aquarium and need not be replaced.
SunGrow Aquarium Grass Seeds, 12 Grams, Creates Lush Green Carpet Plant, Native Ecosystem for Fish, Fast and Easy Propagation, Ideal for Beginners and Pros, Salatigasis, 1 Pack
- ✔ CREATE A LUSH GREEN CARPET --- With proper care, plenty of light and nutrients, Glosso grass will remain short and compact, no more than half an inch high. It will create a beautiful lush green carpet over the floor of your aquarium. Take care to plant in the foreground of the aquarium.
- ✔ GREAT AQUARIUM PLANT FOR BEGINNERS --- When seeds mature, the water grass becomes quite easy to take care of even for beginners. Once it starts growing in your aquarium it’s very easy to prune and trim to ensure it stays fit and at a healthy height. This grass needs 2-4 watts of light per gallon and with the correct high lighting, it will become a beautiful addition to your aquascape.
- ✔ FAST AND EASY PROPAGATION --- Luffy fish tank decoration will send out runners from the mother plant forming a rich green carpet over the substrate. To promote even quicker growth, individual stems can be broken away from the mother plant and planted individually. Highlighting and adding iron to the water will also help your aquatic live plant thrive.
- ✔ 12g / PACK OF AQUARIUM GRASS SEEDS --- These Glossostigma Salatigasis seeds come in a 12g. The pack which can be planted in a plant of soil until they grow to your desired length. They can then be carefully planted in your aquarium substrate, but ensure they are not shaded by other plants and have sufficient light.
- ✔ LIVE PLANTS CREATE A HEALTHY HABITAT FOR YOUR FISH --- By adding this landscape ornament into your tank you are creating a natural mini-ecosystem which will maximize the health of your fish. Live plants produce oxygen and absorb c02 and nitrates from your fish. Plants will also provide your fish with a natural food source with the ability to replenish.
Activ-Flora Floracor for Aquarium, 16-Pound, Red
- 100% Natural - does not contain artificial dyes or additives
- Will not alter pH in your Planted Aquarium
- Naturally Spherical grains promotes maximum diffusion
- Activ-Flora is rich in Iron, no need for laterite
- Non Toxic Colored Pigments; Creates a unique and colorful environment
Luffy Moss, Lush Green Landscape in Aquarium, Natural Habitat for Aqua Pets, Create a Moss Carpet or Moss Wall, Thrive with Minimal Care
- BEAUTIFUL MOSS CARPET --- Transform your aquascape into a captivating scene out of the legendary plains of Iceland with these emerald green, lush Luffy moss on a metal carpet mesh sheet measuring 3.5" by 2" (9 cm by 5 cm). This won't fade in water and gives a lifelike rustic look that you and your aquatic pet will surely love.
- FAVORED BY BETTA FISH --- Luffy Moss Carpet has a finer texture than other moss, This makes it soft and comforting for betta fish. They will enjoy swimming and gently brushing over the surface of your moss. This will serve as an excellent playground for your aquatic pet which adds extra fun. This never withers and can add a green vibe to your plain backdrop.
- MARIMOS MOSS HELPS IN CLEARING WATER --- Marimos are the ideal moss to add to your aquarium, as they will help in cleaning your betta tank. The Marimo Moss balls actually eat decomposed floating particles like fish excreta and other by-products as a source of food. Guaranteed 100% live moss.
- BENDS AND FOLDS --- The flexible metal mesh curves to cover any surface, from rock floors to wall structures, artistic sculptures, and even driftwood. You are free to be creative and enjoy decorating your aquascape as you’ve always wanted it to be.
- MINIMUM MAINTENANCE, MAXIMUM MERRIMENT ---- Since this Betta Carpet has a metal mesh underneath, you can cut this into two or more pieces (particularly when you have a smaller tank). Place over your desired surface and watch as they continue to grow. They will create a beautiful aquascape with minimal work. Isn’t it awesome to know that now you can decorate your betta tank with minimum responsibility and maintenance?
Potted Tall Hairgrass by AquaLeaf Aquatics - Easy Aquatic Live Plant
- IMPORTANT: Please note that during times of extreme weather, live plants will suffer due to extreme temperatures. During winter, do not order live plants when temperatures are expected to go below 20F at the lowest point during the day. During summer, avoid ordering plants when temperatures are above 100F.
- You are buying 1 potted plant. The leaves are approx. 15" to 18" tall at time of shipping. An easy aquarium plant specie for any freshwater aquarium
- Make your fish tank look natural and beautiful. Perfect for taller aquariums of any size as background plants
- Grown organically in the US without chemicals or pesticides. Safe for aquarium fish and invertebrates.
- Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates
Seven Aquarium Substrates and Floor Materials
When you begin to prepare your home aquarium for plants and fish, there is one important thing to add first: the substrate or floor materials.
Aquarium Substrate - Aquarium Gravel
Aquarium gravel is the standard gravel that comes in bags at the pet store. It is two to three millimeters in diameter. Aquarium gravel is often dyed interesting colors such as blue and green.
Aquarium Substrate - Pea Gravel
Pea gravel describes the size of the pebbles; they are the size of peas and usually rounded. Pea gravel can be purchased in pet stores or hardware stores. It is naturally colored.
Aquarium Substrate - White Marble Chips
White marble chips can be purchased at landscaping stores. The pebbles of white marble are the same size as the pea gravel. Marble is made of calcium carbonate and can raise the pH of your aquarium water.
Aquarium Substrate - Sand
Sand is a popular substrate for freshwater aquariums. You can use any lime free or silica sand such as playground sand or landscaping sand. Beach sand is not recommended unless you sterilize it first.
You can purchase sand in many colors: natural yellow, white, pink, or even black. Sand should not be used with under gravel filters.
Aquarium Substrate - Peat Chips
Peat is decomposed plant matter that is sold in large chips for use as an aquarium substrate. Peat chips are great for heavily planted tanks. They may, however, release tannins into the water, turning it a delicate brown or yellow color.
Aquarium Substrate - Coral Sand or Crushed Coral
Coral sand or crushed coral is a substrate for both salt and fresh water aquariums. However, they contribute greatly to hard water and higher pH. They should be used only for fish, like African Cichlids, who like those conditions.
Aquarium Substrate - Laterite
Laterite is a great substrate for aquariums with many plants. It stores nutrients until the plant needs them. Laterite is a baked clay substance. Unscented, untreated cat litter is an excellent source.
Aquariums with live plants often have two layers of substrate or fish tank floor material. The lower level is nutrient rich substance such as peat. The upper level is designed to hold the other one in place. It is usually gravel or sand.
Whatever substrate you choose for your aquarium, it must not be too large to allow for fallen food and debris to gather and rot. It should be rinsed well before use in your home aquarium.