Best Turtle Aquarium Heater in 2023
Tetra 26445 Fauna Aquatic Reptile Heater For Frogs, Newts & Turtles,100 Watt
Orlushy Submersible Aquarium Heater 300W-Fish Tahk Heater with Adjust Knob Thermostat 2 Suction Cups Suitable for Marine Reef Fish Tank Sump
- ★300W aquarium heater is suitable for 50 to 80 gallons aquariums,Length - 11 inch,voltage 110-120V, power cord is 6ft, please choose the right wattage aquarium heater according to our size chart.
- ★It shows an area to adjust the temperature. It's not exactly accurate but it turns easy and can be adjusted at small intervals.
- ★Explosion Proof: 2mm thickened quartz glass,can be used in fresh water and salt water aquariums,easy to hide in the tank.
- ★Precise temperature dial from 68 to 89°F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- ★Adjustable Aquarium Fish Tank Water Heater Sensitive and reliable thermostat maintains uniform temperature. Automatic shut off when the temperature is reached
Zoo Med Turtletherm Aquatic Turtle Heater 150W
- Preset thermostat controlled heater keeps up to 50 gallons of water at 78 degrees
- Item Package Height: 28.45
- Item Package Length: 6.35
- Item Package Width: 16.26
Tetra HT Submersible Aquarium Heater With Electronic Thermostat, 50-Watt
- All Tetra HT heaters have indicator lights to let you know when the heater is on. It will be red when heating and green when the proper temperature has been reached.
- The HT10 uses a built in electronic theromstat to automatically maintain water at 78° F which is ideal for most tropical fish. No adjustment is requried.
- Ideal for aquariums between 2 to 10 gallons with hoods or glass canopies
- The HT heater is fully submersbile and can be installed vertically or horizontally. It's small footprint makes it easy to conceal behind plants or other décor.
- Please read all label information upon delivery. DO NOT plug heater into an electrical outlet until it is placed inside the aquarium.
NICREW Submersible Mini Aquarium Heater, Aquatic Turtle Heater with Intelligent LED Temperature Display, 25W Small Fish Tank Heater
- Precise temperature adjustment from 68℉ to 94℉
- Convenient and secure design will automatically shut off if heater is no longer properly submerged, preventing damage
- LED temperature display allows easy visual confirmation of heater operation
- External controller allows easy and safe temperature adjustment outside
- Fully submersible heaters for aquariums up to 5G
Hygger 300W Digital Quartz Aquarium Heater for Fresh-Water and Salt-Water, with External IC Thermostat Controller and Thermometer, Fast Heating Submersible Thermostat for Fish Tank 30-60 Gallon
- 🐠【Fast Heating Up】voltage 110-120V/60HZ, power 300W, US three-pin plug, heater rod length 7.7 inch, 300W submersible heater for fish tank 30-60 Gallon. The heater power cord is 6ft, the controller power cord is 5ft, the thermometer cord is 4.6ft. Temp range: 61-90℉. Fast heating up aquarium heater, it takes about 3 minutes to heat 3.5 gallon water up 3℉
- 🐠【Fully Automatic Control】very easy and reliable to use. After finishing the temperature setting, the fish tank heater will run automatically by itself. It will stop heating when the water temp reaches to the set temp, please note that the water temp may go up 1℉ more because of the waste heat. When the water temp is cool down to 1℉ less than the set temp, the tank heater will restart heating
- 🐠【Quartz Tube & Plastic Guard】With high-quality quartz glass tube, it's very durable and explosion-proof, this fish tank heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater aquariums, service life can be 3 years or more. With low profile black plastic guard, easy to hide in the tank. The guard can prevent your aquarium pets from burned, the gaps on the guard is about 3mm, no worries for fish stuck
- 🐠【Digital LED Display Controller】the external IC temp controller can show the water temp with 2 blue LED digits. Only show Fahrenheit degrees. To set the temp, just press the button over and over until the screen displaying the temp you desired, then stop and wait the digit flashing for 3 times, the setting is done and the led shows the current water temp again. The controller is connect with separate sensitive thermometer
- 🐠【Fully Submersible Aquarium Heater】with strong suction cups on the heater guard and the thermometer, it's easy to install the aquarium heater no to the tank walls or bottom, please keep them fully submerged. The thermometer should be away from the heater and keep water circulation as far as possible
Hygger Mini Glass Aquarium Heater Adjustable LED Digital Temperature Display Small Tank Heater for Turtle Betta Fish Bowl with Protective Guard 100W
- 【Run Dry Protection】This egg-shaped small aquarium heater automatically shut itself off once it come out of water which ensures the safety of your pet, especially turtle and frog
- 【Protective Guard】Made of high quality quartz glass, waterproof double seal material, covered with protective case, shatter-resistant construction, this fish tank heater keep your fish from scalding and punching
- 【Digital LED Display】External temperature setting control avoids getting hands wet, digital LED display shows real time water temperature. Heating temperature range from 63 to 94°F. Control accuracy is +/- 1°F.
- 【Automated Shut Off System】Once you set the desired degree of heat, this fully submersible heater lights on red and begin to heating. It will auto shut off once it reach set temperature
- 【For Fish Tank 6.5-13 Gallon】100 watt aquarium heater is ideal for small fish bowls and aquariums 6.5 to 13 gallons; voltage/frequency: 110 120volt/60hertz; it is ideal for betta fish and turtle tank
300W Submersible Aquarium Heater Adjustable Turtle Tank Fish Tank Water Heater with Temperature Auto Control
- This submersible aquarium heater is suitable for fresh or salt water aquariums, maintain a warm and constant environment for your fish to keep healthy. And it is perfect for turtle tank,fish tanks, aquarium, fish pond and so on.
- Intelligent temperature control：Automatic constant temperature function, when water temperature reaches to specified temperature value, heater will automatically shut off(LED off), when it is lower than the target temperature, heater will automatically start heating(LED on).
- 300 Watt Aquarium heater is suitable for up to 99 gallons aquariums,12 inch Length,voltage 110-120V, 31.5 inch power cord
- 68°F~93°F Temperature range , It is very easy to adjust the temperature you need, come with a free diving thermometer, you can observe the water temperature of the fish tank at any time.
- the heaters include suction cups and can be placed vertically or horizontally within the aquarium. An LED indicator light displays red when actively heating.
300w 150w 50w Submersible Aquarium Heater Auto Thermostat Heater with Suction,LED Small Mini Temperature Display Aquarium Fish Tank Heater for Fish Tank Water (Bonus Thermometer)
- UPGRADED MORE DURABLE VERSION: Provided the best warm area to your fish in the cold winter.Keeps improving best aquarium heater for your fish tank, after collecting so many comments from customers, we upgrade its function and life time, now it works more continuously and accurately.
- MORE SAFETY & HIGH QUALITY: This upgraded aquarium heater now updated for more durable Quartz Glass, which is pretty shatter-proof and blast-proof and prevents electricity leakage. And the stronger protective container updated for Anti-melting anti punching double sealed material, it is scald-preventing for your pets and your safety.
- FREE THERMOMETER: This fish tank heater come with an extra thermometer to show the accurate tank temperature to avoid overheat or freeze. It provide a constant warm environment for your pet fish to stay healthy, suitable both for fresh and salt water.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Aquarium heater works in intermittent operation mode and will automatically turn on/off to achieve the setting temperature constantly and stably. Setting the temperature by the red knob on the top with range is 64°F - 94°F.High accuracy(±1°F)
- APPLICABLE TANK SIZE: Our submersible aquarium heaters are perfect designed for different size tank, 50W for 5-10 gallon; 100W for 10-30 gallon; 300W for 30-85 gallon, please choose the suitable power for your tank. And we also recommend to position it near a strong water flow, the outlet of a power filter is ideal, so that the whole aquarium are in the same temperature.
Mylivell Aquarium Heater Submersible Auto Thermostat Heater,Fish Tank Water Heater and Adjustable Temperature with Suction Cup-200W
- High Quality: Aquarium heater made of high quality quartz glass, double seal material , advanced design, ensures safe operation.
- Adjustable Temperature: The temperature of the fish tank heater can be adjusted automatically. Temperature setting range: 20°~34°C(65° F - 93° F), and the display is easy to read.
- Fully Submersible. Power: 100W. Suggested water volume: 75gal.
- Both suiting for fresh or saltwater aquariums, provide a constant warm environment for your tropical fish to stay healthy.
- Convenient and Safe: Our aquarium heater thermostat has two suction cups for attachment to the fish tank. The polarized plug prevents electrical shock.
Prescription for Red Eared Slider Turtle Care
Red Eared Sliders grow from tiny to large in what seems to be record time. Find out how to take care of them properly.
First of all I'm going to give you the breakdown list of all the equipment that you will need, to provide your new pet with the very best in captive turtle care. Some would tell you that the care for your new pet is easy. This is totally incorrect! Think of any "pet" as a lifetime investment as you would your own child. No animals should be thought of as "disposable". Reptile pets have certain requirements that when met lead to a healthy pet that will provide countless hours of enjoyment.
The first thing you will need for a Red Eared Slider Pseudemys scripta elegens is an enclosure that will allow it to grow to its full potential size. This means a 30 to 50 gallon enclosure capable of being filled about halfway with water and a stand to support the tank. I would recommend what are known as a breeder tanks these are sometimes also called a 30 gallon long when shopping in the major pet stores.
You will then need a fluorescent light fixture which will match the length of the enclosure itself. I find the best places to purchase these are the home improvement stores and they are typically known as "shop" lights. The light itself will be purchased from a pet store. When installed it should be suspended about 12" above the enclosure itself and the bulb should be replaced every six months for maximum efficiency.
You will also need to purchase a submersible heater and filter of appropriate size for the enclosure. The water itself should be heated to somewhere around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature can be easily be measured by an aquarium thermometer which should be placed on the opposite end of the enclosure away from the heater. The filter will need to be cleaned at least once a week and the water changed every other week. The water change consists of siphoning off the water and replacing it with clean water. An aquarium siphon is used for such duties and makes cleaning much easier.
A ceramic heating element must also be placed over a basking area consisting of an island where the Red Eared Slider Pseudemys scripta elegens can completely haul itself out onto an area and dry out. This can be either floating cork bark or a "turtle island" which are all sold at most pet stores that sell turtle supplies. The ceramic heating element must be placed in a fixture which has a ceramic base with the on/off switch located somewhere on the cord that plugs into the wall. The basking area should reach a temperature of around 85 degrees Fahrenheit. I recommend the ceramic heating elements due to the fact that incandescent bulbs have been known to shatter when the turtles splash water onto them.
I don't recommend placing any gravel or other substrate into the enclosure as this only makes cleaning more difficult and is not necessary. If possible I would highly recommend having all these elements set-up prior to bringing the new Red Eared Slider Pseudemys scripta elegens home. Feeding your new pet is as easy as purchasing prepared aquatic turtle pellets form your local pet store and following the directions on the can.
Red Eared Slider Pseudemys scripta elegens have long been one of the most if not the most popular aquatic turtles kept in captivity for quite some time. Along with being a popular species it has in many respects, been one of the most misunderstood when it comes to their captive care requirements. The age old adage of "ignorance is bliss" comes into play here as most customers that I have encountered over the past decade plus of working in the herpetological industry have either been gifted or purchased a baby Red Eared Slider Pseudemys scripta elegens without having any foreknowledge of what they are in for.
Within the United States it is illegal to sell any turtle fewer than four inches in carapace length. This is however not enforced to its full potential as the resources are lacking. Therefore there are quite a few individuals who sell them openly in the swap meets, flea markets and other such areas around the country. People are often attracted to the small "cute" turtle and gladly purchase them impulsively without thinking that this creature will grow into a "large" animal.
These "impulse" purchases typically lead to a slow tortuous death for the turtle itself as the purchasers are not given any type of care information and simply try to mimic what they have seen where they purchased them. For those that are interested in really keeping the turtle they will usually go to the local pet store and quickly discover that the care requirements are more than their wallets bargained for. Initial set up can cost upwards of $200.00 or more. Those that choose not to take care of their new pets are often at a crossroads as they can usually not find someone to adopt the new pet and give it the proper care that it needs. This sometimes leads them to releasing the animal into the local pond or lake which eventually could potentially disrupt the local ecosystem.
Should you choose to purchase one of these incredible animals you are already on the right path by reading this article on their captive care. The fun doesn't end here though, I encourage you to read more about the species and pick up a book on them as well as this will only increase your enjoyment and the lifespan of your new pet.