Best Water Conditioner For Aquariums in 2022
Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner - Chemical Remover and Detoxifier 500 ml
API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle, White (52C)
- Contains one (1) API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Neutralizes chlorine, chloramines and other chemicals to make tap water safe for fish
- Prevents tap water chemicals from causing gill destruction, tissue irritation and fish death
- Super strength, high concentration formula
- Use when adding or changing water and when adding new fish to freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Fluval Water Conditioner for Aquariums, 16.9-Ounce
- Makes Tap Water Safe for fish
- Neutralizes chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals
- Protects the sensitive mucous membrane of the fish
- Patented stress reducing formula
- For Fresh and Saltwater Use
API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Contains one (1) API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Makes tap water safe and protects fish with dual-action formula
- Removes chemicals from tap water that are harmful to fish
- Replaces fish’s protective coat damaged by handling, shipping or fish fighting with healing power of Aloe Vera extract
- Use when adding or changing water, when adding new fish and when fish are sick or injured
Aqueon Central Aquatics Water Conditioner (16 fl oz)
- Use when filling aquarium with tap water, performing water changes or adding fish
- Instantly makes tap water safe for fish
- Supplement for fish that have been stressed, transported or netted
- Detoxifies heavy metals, ammonia and other elements that are released from fish waste
- Convenient dosage cap is included
Tetra BettaSafe, aquarium Water Conditioner For Bettas
- WATER CONDITIONER: Makes tap water safe for bettas and other ornamental fish.
- REDUCES STRESS: Neutralizes harmful chlorine, chloramines, ammonia and heavy metals in aquarium water.
- FAST-ACTING: Works in seconds.
- COMPLETE FORMULA: Use when setting up a new aquarium, with monthly partial water changes and evaporation replacement.
- USAGE: Use monthly for maintenance.
Tetra AquaSafe Plus, 8.45 Ounces, aquarium Water Conditioner And Dechlorinator
- FOR FRESHWATER AND MARINE aquariumS: Tetra AquaSafe Plus works instantly to make tap water safe for fish.
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Neutralizes or removes harmful chlorine, chloramines and heavy metals.
- PROTECTS FISH: Enhances protective slime coat to help wounds heal.
- CLEAR AND HEALTHY WATER: With natural biopolymers and essential vitamins and minerals.
- WATER CONDITIONER: Use when setting up a new aquarium, with monthly partial water changes, or evaporation replacement.
- The added ingredients help to reduce aquarium pollution
- Works in seconds to neutralize chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals present in tap water that can be harmful to fish
- Provides a slime coating to help wounds heal and protect fish from abrasions
- AquaSafe can be used with freshwater and marine fish
- AquaSafe is the market leading water conditioner brand in the US and has been protecting fish for over 30 years
Natural Rapport Aquarium Water Conditioner - The Only All-in-1 Water Conditioner Fish Need, Naturally Detoxifies and Removes Ammonia, Nitrite, Chlorine, and Chloramine (16 fl oz.)
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE CONDITIONER - For Your Freshwater and Saltwater aquariums. No need for separate steps, supplies, accessories, or chemical kits to treat API stress coats, slime coats. Our professional chlorine remover does it all in one step.
- SALT & FRESHWATER - Treatments during changes will help your betta, goldfish, or others thrive as it balances pH, adds electrolytes, slime and stress coats for your fish. Also safer for saltwater marine invertebrates, plants and crustaceans.
- DETOXIFIES & REMOVES HARMFUL CHEMICALS - Quick to remove harmful bacteria such as Ammonia, Nitrate, Chlorine, Chloramine, Heavy Metals, and more. Our 'Natural Choice' Dechlorinator and clarifier does all this plus is safer for your aquarium.
- ALL-IN-ONE CONDITIONER - Makes your tap water instantly safe by removing harsh chemicals and detoxifies heavy metals. is so effective and safe it is also recommended for aqua live reefs. From beta fish to exotics, our treatment is great for all.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Made in the USA, with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We are a family-owned business passionate about making wholesome, natural products to keep your beautiful fresh- or sea salt-water fish safer and tanks healthier.
TankFirst Complete Aquarium Water Conditioner - Fish Water Conditioner, Instantly Removes Chlorine, Chloramines, Ammonia and Nitrites from Fish Tanks Without The Awful Smell, Made in The USA
- NO AWFUL SMELL! The problem with some other aquarium water conditioners is that they smell horrible. Hobbyists pour these stinky products into their aquariums filled with their favorite aquatic pets and, YES, fish can smell! Our TankFirst water conditioner SOLVES THIS PROBLEM by using a natural additive that is just as effective without the foul odor. Your fish never have to suffer again!
- CUTTING EDGE FORMULA! Makes tap water INSTANTLY SAFE by removing chlorine, and chloramines; it even removes toxic ammonia, nitrites, and detoxifies heavy metals. Our complete premium conditioner is perfect for all freshwater, marine, and reef aquariums. Our premium 16.9-ounce bottle treats 1,000 gallons. Use 1 capful or 1 teaspoon per 10 gallons.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE! Our Premium Water Conditioner is PROVEN and TRUSTED for use with all freshwater and saltwater species including live corals and other invertebrates such as shrimps and snails. Even THE MOST SENSITIVE FISH ARE SAFE and it is the perfect choice for FRESHWATER SHRIMP and live planted aquariums and as a betta water conditioner.
- REMARKABLE RESULTS! Use our TankFirst fish tank water conditioner when adding water lost by evaporation, during water changes, as well as when ammonia and/or nitrite levels are measurable. For exact details of how to use our water conditioner to remove ammonia see description below.
- EASY TO USE! Our formula is very forgiving to adding a little too much. Imprecise measuring and small spills won't adversely affect your aquarium or your fish.
API TURTLE WATER CONDITIONER Water Conditioner 8-Ounce Bottle
- Contains one (1) API TURTLE WATER CONDITIONER Water Conditioner 8-Ounce Bottle
- Made in the US
- Package weight : 0.65 pounds
- Package dimensions : 1.75 inches (H) x 1.75 inches (L) x 7.5 inches (W)
Product Review: Tetra Aquasafe Water Conditioner
Water conditioners are essential for rendering tap water safe for aquarium fish. Tetra Aquasafe is one product that will neutralize chlorine and potentially harmful metals.
The main purpose of a water conditioner is to neutralize chlorine and chloramines in the water. Now, this doesn't mean that you're exempt from using conditioners if you have a well or other water supply that does not have chlorine in it as there are several types of heavy metals in most municipal water supplies that can harm your fish as well.
Important: not all water conditioners neutralize potentially harmful metals! When selecting a water conditioner it is imperative to your fish's health that you find one that takes care of those metals, as well as chloramines if you're not sure whether your water is treated with chlorine or chloramine. This is where Aquasafe comes in.
I currently have eighteen tanks of my own that get weekly water changes. For the past several years I have used only Start Right by Jungle Labs in my tanks because it is the cheapest conditioner that meets all of my specifications.
I also clean other people's aquariums, and on occasion my customers will move and be unable to take their aquariums with them, for two different customers the answer lay in giving me the aquariums and all their fish and equipment. One of these customers had a fresh bottle of Aquasafe, the conditioner she used for her partial water changes on the weeks I didn't vacuum her gravel. I am not one to waste aquatic supplies if at all possible, so I stuck the bottle in the drawer with all the things for my downstairs tank and started using it, keeping Start Right in the upstairs tanks.
At the time I started using the Aquasafe, Start Right had no additives in it for enhancing a fish's slime coat (it has since been added), which is very nice if you have recently netted or picked-on fish. Aquasafe has aloe to enhance the slime coat, and so I quickly fell in love with it. My downstairs tank is the one all visitors see, and the one my young son has access to. While the gouramis in that tank are pretty tough troopers, I still do everything I can to pamper them in the slightly more stressful setting than the isolated upstairs fish have, and they do seem to appreciate this new conditioner.
It is important to remember that a water conditioner makes water safe for fish, but that does NOT mean that a tank is ready to be inhabited directly after filling and conditioning that tank. Most fish deaths occur through a misunderstanding or complete ignorance of the cycling a tank must go through. A tank, when first set up, has nothing in it to break down the ammonia from a fish's waste. The bacteria that does that job takes time to get in the tank, and until then there should be either no fish in it or frequent partial water changes to keep ammonia levels down.
When setting up a tank the water conditioner must be in the water before the cycling process can begin, as all the things that are harmful to fish are also harmful to the bacteria the fish need in the tank. Follow the dosage on the back of the bottle when filling the tank, and when doing partial water changes you need only put the amount of water conditioner in for the new water, not the entire tank capacity.
Since I started using Aquasafe in my own tanks I have also offered it to my customers at a slight additional charge and a large percentage have chosen to pay that in order to have Aquasafe in their tanks.
Aquasafe comes in a screw-top bottle, it is available in most Wal-Marts in both 3.3 ounce and 8.4 ounce bottles. I buy the 8.4 ounce bottle for $5.64 and it treats 500 gallons. I have not seen any conclusive evidence that Aquasafe is better than my old stand-by, Start Right, but it is obvious that it does the job it is supposed to do and is reasonably priced, so well worth purchasing for your routine fish care. If you'd like to get a higher quality conditioner than this one, Stress Coat and Seachem Prime are the usual favorites for aquatic professionals, though their price reflects that reputation.
In short, Aquasafe will get the job done at a pretty good price and the product stands by the manufacturers claims.
Note: this product is approved for use with both saltwater and freshwater fish. My opinion reflects its use with freshwater fish only as I have no experience with saltwater fish.