Best Water For Freshwater Fish Tank in 2022
API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT 800-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water Master Test Kit
API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle, White (52C)
- Contains one (1) API TAP WATER CONDITIONER Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Neutralizes chlorine, chloramines and other chemicals to make tap water safe for fish
- Prevents tap water chemicals from causing gill destruction, tissue irritation and fish death
- Super strength, high concentration formula
- Use when adding or changing water and when adding new fish to freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Tetra AquaSafe Plus 16.9 Ounces, aquarium Water Conditioner And Dechlorinator (16213)
- age_range_description: all ranges
- Contains seaweed extracts with support the development of beneficial filter bacteria
- Helps to reduce aquarium pollution by strengthening the bacterial bed
- Works in seconds to neutralize chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals
- AquaSafeand#174 can be used with freshwater and marine fish
- AquaSafeand#174 is the market leading water conditioner brand in the US and has been protecting fish for over 30 years
API AQUARIUM SALT Freshwater Aquarium Salt 65-Ounce Box
- Contains one (1) API AQUARIUM SALT Freshwater Aquarium Salt 65-Ounce Box
- Promotes fish health and disease recovery with increased electrolytes
- Improves respiration for fish in freshwater aquariums
- Made from evaporated sea water for all-natural results
- Use when changing water, when setting up a new freshwater aquarium and when treating fish disease
API PH TEST KIT 250-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water pH Test Kit
- Contains one (1) API PH TEST KIT 250-Test Freshwater Aquarium Water pH Test Kit, including 1 bottle of testing solution, 1 color card and 1 glass test tube with cap
- Helps monitor and adjust pH and prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish
- Accurately reads pH 6.0 - 7.6 and helps avoid fish loss
- Because different geographies have different tap water conditions, and different fish need different pH levels to be healthy, API helps measure pH levels & detect pH fluctuation caused by fish waste, uneaten food and addition of tap water.
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
KloudAway Freshwater Aquarium Water Clarifier - Clears Cloudy Water, Water Clarifier for Fish Tank, Made in USA (1 Pack)
- FAST-ACTING - KloudAway quickly clears cloudy or hazy aquarium water by CLUMPING FLOATING PARTICLES together making them large enough to be trapped by your aquariums' mechanical filter. To remove these particles from the water your aquarium must have a mechanical filter.
- CUTTING EDGE FORMULA - Our advanced fish tank water clarifier is targeting unsightly particles in water such as uneaten fish food, dust and other debris to produce crystal clear water. KLOUDAWAY DOES NOT WORK ON "GREEN WATER" as algae continues to multiply.
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE - Our cloudy water treatment is SAFE FOR all types of FRESHWATER FISH, TURTLES, PLANTS, SHRIMP and OTHER INVERTEBRATES and has no effect on the beneficial bacteria in your aquarium's biological filtration.
- REMARKABLE RESULTS! Use our aquarium clarifier to maintain sparkling clear water in your freshwater aquarium. For exact details of how to use KloudAway, causes of cloudy water and much more, WATCH OUR VIDEO "Clear Aquarium Water Fast"
- Water testing is recommended. Cloudy water is often caused by New Tank Syndrome, which can cause dangerously high levels of ammonia and nitrite. Protect your fish from ammonia spikes with TankFirst Water Conditioner!
Tetra EasyStrips 6-In-1 aquarium Test Strips, Water Testing (19542)
- COMPLETE TESTING Regularly testing your water levels is critical to the success of your aquarium
- 6 DIFFERENT TESTS WITH 1 STRIP Just one test monitors nitrates nitrites water hardness chlorine alkalinity and pH levels
- VERSATILE Can be used in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- CONVENIENT Just dip into water wait 60 seconds and read results
- USAGE Use weekly to monitor aquarium water after water changes or when adding new fish
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
API 5-in-1 Test Strips Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips 25-Count Box
- Contains one (1) API 5-IN-1 TEST STRIPS Freshwater and Saltwater Aquarium Test Strips 25-Count Box
- Monitors levels of pH, nitrite, nitrate carbonate and general water hardness in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Dip test strips into aquarium water and check colors for fast and accurate results
- Helps prevent invisible water problems that can be harmful to fish and cause fish loss
- Use for weekly monitoring and when water or fish problems appear
Seachem Prime Fresh and Saltwater Conditioner - Chemical Remover and Detoxifier 500 ml
- POWERFUL TREATMENT: Seachem Prime is a complete and concentrated conditioner for both freshwater and saltwater fish tanks, working hard to remove chlorine and chloramine.
- REMOVER: Seachem Prime immediately and permanently removes chlorine and chloramine, successfully allowing the bio filter to remove ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate while they are detoxified for 48 hours.
- DETOXIFIER: Seachem Prime effectively detoxifies ammonia, nitrite, and heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels, providing a ideal environment for your betta, tetra, or other fish.
- USE: Use 1 capful (5 mL) of Seachem Prime for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new or replacement water. For best results, add Seachem Prime to new water first. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. For smaller volumes, use 2 drops per gallon.
- SAFETY: In case of an emergency, the 5x dose of Seachem Prime may be used for both ammonia and nitrite. Use a ½ dose if the water temperature is > 30°C (86°F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low.
API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Contains one (1) API STRESS COAT Aquarium Water Conditioner 16-Ounce Bottle
- Makes tap water safe and protects fish with dual-action formula
- Removes chemicals from tap water that are harmful to fish
- Replaces fish’s protective coat damaged by handling, shipping or fish fighting with healing power of Aloe Vera extract
- Use when adding or changing water, when adding new fish and when fish are sick or injured
How to Make a River Model
River models, also called stream tables, are easy to construct and provide an excellent way to demonstrate how moving water changes the Earth's surface, an important concept in Earth science.
Large, shallow plastic tub (at least 20 inches long and 5 inches deep)
Diatomaceous earth (available at swimming pool supply stores)
Disposable dust mask
Container for water (ideally should have a wide mouth and hold 1-2 liters)
Flexible plastic tubing
Screw clamp or pinch clamp to control the rate of water flow (if clamps are unavailable, a binder clip or paper clip can be substituted)
Precaution: dust from dry diatomaceous earth should not be inhaled, and can irritate the eyes. Remove contact lenses or wear safety goggles, and wear a dust mask when working with dry diatomaceous earth. Take care when mixing it with water, and make sure the diatomaceous earth is wet before the students have access to it. Once it is wet, there is no danger of inhaling the dust.
Place several cups of water in the plastic tub and add diatomaceous earth to the water. Mix with a trowel or large spoon until it is thoroughly wet. Tilt the tub by resting one end on a book or piece of wood to raise it several inches, then lift the lower end of the tub and bang it on the table several times. This causes the diatomaceous earth to form a slope on the bottom of the tub.
You are now ready to create your river model. Place the container of water on a book or block of wood at the uphill end of the tub. Fill an approximately 1 foot length of plastic tubing with water and remove all air bubbles. Insert one end of the tubing into the container to the bottom and clamp the other end so the water cannot escape. The clamped end must be below the level of the surface of the water to create a siphon.
Hang the clamped end of the tubing over the uphill end of the tub. Open the clamp so that the water drips out onto the surface of the diatomaceous earth. As the water drips, a river will be cut into the earth. The water can be colored with blue food coloring if desired, but the rivers are easily visible even without the coloring.
Students can carry out experiments to observe how the depth and shape of the river are affected by the speed of flow, the slope of the tub, and the length of time the water is allowed to flow. The speed can be adjusted by how tightly the tube is clamped. A flow rate of two drops per second is a good average, and it can be increased or decreased to observe the effect of flow rate on erosion. The slope can be adjusted with books or blocks of wood under the uphill end of the tub.
As the water flows into the river, it will accumulate into an "ocean" at the downhill side of the tub and will need to be removed periodically by scooping it out with a plastic cup. Pour the water into another container and allow any diatomaceous earth to settle before discarding the water, so that it doesn't get poured down the drain.
Keep the water in the container replenished so that the level does not fall below the end of the tubing, or the siphon will not work.
The river models can be stored and reused indefinitely. If the tubs don't have lids, place large plastic garbage bags on top of the diatomaceous earth and then stack the tubs on top of one another.
River Cutters, Great Explorations in Math and Science (GEMS) Teacher's Guide, Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley, California, 2003. ISBN 0-924886-32-3