Best Way To Clean Algae From Aquarium Glass in 2021
Scrubber Pad for Glass Aquariums [Set of 3] Size: Super (4" H x 3" W x 1" D)
EasiTool Handheld Magnet Aquarium Cleaner Fish Tank Aquarium Algae Cleaning Floating Clean Brush Algae Scrapers Glass Scrubber Aquatic Algae Small
- Double-duty: This handheld magnet aquarium cleaner wipe the surface of the fish tank without the detachable blade and weed out algaes with blade
- Anti-skidding slippery: This magnetic brush handle bar with human engineering design, fits your hand and easy to operate
- Ultrastrong suction: This aquarium brush use ultrastrong neodymium magnet, stronger magnetic; it will not peel off; More efficiently clean the aquarium
- Suspension design: The inner part of this fish tank cleaning brush would float on the water if the two parts accidently separate from each other; Avoid the trouble of the inner part sink to the bottom
- Two-sided cleaning: One part of this double-sided cleaning brush is made of fine fleece, perfect for the outer side of the aquarium, will not scratch the surface; The other part is cellosilk, effectively clean the inner side of the aquarium. The two parts combined perfectly, protect the tank as well as clean it
Jasonwell Magnetic Aquarium Fish Tank Glass Algae Glass Cleaner Scrubber Floating Clean Brush(S)
- Clean algae and scum off of the inside of your aquarium the easy, fun way!
- Strong magnetic forces cause the inside cleaning brush to follow the outside handle. Just wipe the outside, and the inside is cleaned!
- The inside piece floats, so if it becomes separated from the outside piece, it's easy to retrieve.
- Simply drag the no-scratch, felt-lined handle and inside your aquarium, the scrubber follows, cleaning as it goes
- IMPORTANT: Made for common glass fish tank. Not for acrylic and low iron glass. Please choose the size by the thickness of your fish tank glass.THE LARGER,TEH STRONGER TEH MAGNET. This product comes with a 2-year warranty and 100% money-back guarantee.
Aqueon 100106154 Acrylic Aquarium Algae Cleaning Magnet, Acrylic Mini Bow,Black
- Effectively removes algae from acrylic aquariums
- Ergonomically designed handle for improved maneuverability
- Weighted scrubber falls straight down if separated for easy retrieval
- Replacement pads are simple and easy to install
- Recommended for acrylic tanks up to 10 gallons or 1/8” thick
Seachem 3-in-1 Algae Scraper Tool - 18 Inch Retractable, Adjustable Aquarium Cleaning Tool
- VERSATILE: Designed with versatility in mind, the Seachem Algae Scraper features three retractable blades: metal, plastic, and a soft pad. If you drop this scraper in the water, it will float for easy retrieval!
- RETRACTABLE: With the Seachem Algae Scraper, you can safely hide the blade when not in use. The slide out cartridge allows you to easily switch out blades and re-insert.
- ADJUSTABLE: The Seachem Algae Scraper gives you the option to choose between blade positions and blade heights, allowing you to get the best possible results.
- EASY TO USE: The Seachem Algae Scraper is lightweight and features an ergonomic handle that makes it comfortable to hold in multiple positions, allowing you to clean those hard to reach areas.
- BLADES: The metal blade easily removes tough algae in glass aquariums only. The plastic blade is for careful use at the gravel line of an acrylic or glass tank, and the soft pad easily removes algae from scratches in acrylic aquariums.
Odyssea OEM Aquarium Magnet Cleaner w/Algae Scraper Magnetic Brush (Small)
- Size: 3" x 1.75" x 2"
- Powerful magnetic attraction
- Highly efficient anti scratch cleaning pads removes dirt and algae from glass
- Sturdy handle for improved and easier cleaning action
- Includes an additional scraper to help remove stubborn spots
PetsoignÃ© 5 in 1 Fish Tank Cleaning Kit with Gravel Rake, Algae Scraper, Glass Sponge Brush, Water Plant Fork and Aquarium Net
- 🐳🐳[Multifunctional] - 5 in 1 multi-function aquarium cleaner helps you to complete any fish tank cleaning work.
- 🐳🐳[Softer Fishing Net] - The soft fishing net will not hurt the fish when you fish them out, and it can also be used to clean up some floating objects in the water.
- 🐳🐳[Terminator of Algae] - The algae scraper and the algae sponge Brush can be used to clean water, grass, moss and algae in the aquarium without scratching the aquarium glass.
- 🐳🐳[Aquarium Beautician] - The grass fork makes it easy to extract water grass from the fish tank. And the gravel rake can be used for clearing up grass and landscaping gravel, give the fish a clean and tidy environment.
- 🐳🐳[Thorough Cleaning] - The high-density material algae sponge brush can be rotated 360° horizontally and rotated vertically. You can adjust the brush angle to clean the fish tank as needed to ensure that there is no hygienic dead angle.
Continuum AquaBlade P Short Acrylic Safe Algae Scraper
- Premium scraper for marine and freshwater aquariums
- Solid fiberglass handles for thousands of pounds of pressure
- No hollow handles meaning no odor from growing bacteria
- Available with Cyan Plastic Blade or Stainless Steel Blade
- Made in the USA
SunGrow Aquarium Fish Tank Glass Scrubber, Brush with Attracting Properties, Keeps Your Hands Dry, Floating Brush Tool
- ✔ MINIMIZE AQUARIUM GLASS SCRUBBING TIME TO HALF --- The Aquarium Scrubber by SunGrow clears glass pane swiftly. Simply stick the two parts together through your aquarium's glass. As you move the outer brush, the inside one follows. Now you can scrub both the outer and the inner glass surface simultaneously. No more separate scrubbing!
- ✔ NO WET HANDS --- Say goodbye to awkward long-handed tools and avoid getting your hands wet while you work around this process. By using this scrubber, you don’t need to dunk your whole arm into the tank.
- ✔ EASY TO USE --- Elegantly designed, the inside brush will float once you stop working. This is definitely easy to operate because of its buoyancy making it still afloat even if you guide it around the corners.
- ✔ THE DETAILS IS IN THE DESIGN --- The scrubber by SunGrow is highly efficient. The raised texture on the outer brush will keep your hands from slipping off when you’re hard-pressed.
- ✔ PRODUCT SIZE THAT WORKS WELL ON SMALL AND LARGE AQUARIUMS --- Size is 22.8 x 13.7 x 12.5 inches (58x35x32cm) and can be used in small to large aquariums with varying glass thicknesses. Maintaining your aquarium glass is easy and fun and it is also a job well done with this product.
(3 Pack) API Hand Held Algae Pad - Glass
- Contains Three API HAND HELD ALGAE PAD For Glass Aquariums 1-Count Container
- Quickly removes unsightly algae from glass aquariums.
- Durable scrubbing pad comes with hand-held control to clean nooks and crannies.
- Use to rid glass aquariums of unsightly algae.
- Pack of 3
What to Do About Algae Build Up on Your Fish Tank
So, your tank is turning green? What is it, and what can you do about it? Find out the best way to treat aquarium algae!
There are several different types of algae. Green surface algae is the most common type. It is dark green and grows on any surface of your aquarium. This type of algae can be very difficult to remove. Algae eaters and snails enjoy eating this type.
Suspended algae causes the water itself to turn green. This water algae is difficult to remove. Water changes can cause it too look better, but does not take care of the problem. Suspended algae occurs because there are too many fish, too much food, or too much light.
Hair algae is not common in tanks, but it looks like long strands of algae. Blue-green algae is actually a cyanobacteria that coats the things in your aquarium. Finally brown algae is an algae the coats your aquarium décor with a dark brown layer. This algae grows in low light.
So if you have an algae problem, what should you do? Remember, algae is not harmful for your fish, so don't panic. Figure out which type of algae you have, as this will determine what treatment option to follow. For example, if you have hair algae, there are few animals that eat it. Your best option will be to manually remove the plants.
Here are some common fixes for algae breakouts. First, try to determine what is causing the breakout. Do you have your heater up too high? Is there too much light in the tank? Do you have too many fish? If you find a cause, try treating the cause first. If this does not cure the algae, there are some other things you can try.
First, try purchasing a fish that will feed on the algae. The most common type of algae eating fish is commonly called algae eaters. The common plecostomus is the most popular algae eater on the market. These fish can grow quite large, however, so be prepared for that. Snails are also good algae eaters, but they reproduce quite prolifically, and may take over your tank. Snails also enjoy eating live plants. Siamese algae eaters are one of the best algae eating fish, and, unlike snails, they will not eat your live plants. Rosy barbs, cherry barbs, and American flag fish also sometimes eat algae, even hair algae. Keep in mind that these types of fish often nip other fish.
There are chemicals on the market to clear up algae, but the problem is that they will also kill any live aquarium plants. Algaecides are harsh, and may even harm your fish. There is a product, called AccuClear, that makes the algae clump up, making visibility better. This is a temporary fix. The best way to fix the problem is to find the cause, and buy a natural algae predator.