Best Way To Keep Betta Fish Tank Clean in 2022
Luigi's Aquarium/Fish Tank Siphon and Gravel Cleaner - A Hand Syphon Pump to Drain and Replace Your Water in Minutes!
Natural Rapport Aquarium Gravel Cleaner - The Only Gravel Cleaner Fish Need - Professional Aquarium Gravel Cleaner to Naturally Maintain a Healthier Tank, Reducing Fish Waste & Toxins (16 fl oz)
- NATURAL, HEALTHIER AQUARIUM - Our gravel cleaner introduces healthy, natural bacteria that biologically eliminate excess fish waste, fish food, toxins, odors, and other organic wastes. This leads to cleaner, clearer water, and a healthier fish tank.
- EXTEND YOUR TANK MAINTENANCE - Our professional grade, non-chemical formula will extend the time between water changes and vacuum gravel cleanings by eliminating organic waste that accumulates in your aquarium. It also helps correct for overfeeding.
- MAKE YOUR AQUARIUM WATER FISH SAFE - Our gravel cleaner not only improves water quality and clarity and minimizes odors, but also naturally reduces the build-up of toxic ammonia and nitrite as well as problem-causing nitrate and phosphate.
- PROFESSIONAL, EASY, ONE-STEP APPLICATION - Simply add one capful per 10 gallons to your Saltwater or Freshwater aquariums for cleaning. That's it, done! No messy accessories, tools or pump. Our 16 oz bottle treats up to 960 gallons, now that's value.
- OUR PROMISE - All supplies made in the USA. We have a customer promise of "complete product delight". We are a family-owned business passionate about making natural products with high standards keeping your beautiful fish safer and healthier.
SunGrow Aquarium Gravel Cleaner Kit with Priming Bulb, 65 Inches, 2 Minutes to Assemble, BPA Free, Easy-to-Use, Storage, Perfect for Small Fish Tanks, Facilitates Frequent Water Changes
- ✔ GOOD AQUARIUM KEEPING AT YOUR DOORSTEP — No more scooping up dirty water with a pail; that can be messy. SunGrow Aquarium Cleaning Pump kit is a system with a hand controller that helps you clear out your tank efficiently and quickly by having the features you definitely need! This is suitable for maintaining both freshwater and saltwater tanks. Each part is meticulously designed to give you the best aquarium cleaning experience you can possibly have.
- ✔ ROUTINE MAINTENANCE MADE EASY — Every SunGrow fish tank substrate cleaner comes with a short nozzle with nozzle net, flexible standard tubing, operation/pump bulb and discharge hose. While all these parts can be adjusted and modified as per your needs, the operation bulb or the hand starter is its unique component that sets it apart from other similar items in the market.
- ✔ FREQUENT WATER CHANGE ENSURES HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT — Without water changes, invisible toxins build up in your tank creating toxic environment for your inhabitants. But, with the kink-resistant siphon cleaner by SunGrow, you can do it frequently and it will not take much of your time. This no-spill system is made high quality to not let aquarium fish get hurt or even disturbed while it is being used to transfer water.
- ✔ 2-MINUTES TO SETUP — The short nozzle feature of SunGrow Aquarium sand and substrate cleaner is perfect when you want to replenish or drain water out of your tank. Just place the nozzle in your tank. For convenience, attach it with a suction cup. This will make work easier for you because you don’t need to hold it while draining out water! Press on, or squeeze the pump bulb 5 to 7 times and the water will start to flow out of the nozzle. See the description below for more details.
- ✔ HASSLE-FREE STORAGE- The flexible siphon pump helps preventing the small gravel and debris from going into the hose. Not only that, after it has done the deed, it won’t give you a hard time thinking where you would store it, as it can be placed practically anywhere! With its strategic portable design, you can keep it in any place you want where you can easily access it the next time you need it.
Luffy Nano Betta Balls, 0.4 Inch, Aquarium Play Toy for Betta Fish, Creates Aesthetically Appealing Backdrop, Round-Shaped Marimo Balls, Supports 5-10 Gallon Tanks, Low-Maintenance, 6 Pack
- SMALL AND PRETTY ADDITION TO YOUR BETTA TANK --- These LUFFY Betta Balls are beautiful marimos that are a great addition for your betta’s tank. They are nano-sized, between 0.4 and 0.6 inches, and add color to your tank.
- BETTA TANK CLEANER --- LUFFY Betta Balls will help to keep your fish tank clean. Marimo moss balls absorb debris and fish excreta that tend to contaminate your betta’s surroundings.
- ENTERTAINMENT TOY FOR YOUR BETTA --- Bettas love to move stuff around and nano LUFFY Betta Balls make the perfect toys for your watery pet. Therefore, not only do they help to keep your betta’s environment clean, but they also provide them with entertainment.
- IDEAL TEMPERATURE FOR THRIVING --- Avoid temperature of 84°F (29°C) or higher. Marimo is a slow-growing plant, however, its growth rate will be expedited at a temperature of between 68°F - 77°F (20°C - 25°C). Note: When Marimo grows, simply roll the marimo on your palm gently in a circular direction. - Place marimo under indoor lighting/ natural lighting. Keep it away from heat. Avoid direct sunlight.
- EASY MAINTENANCE --- LUFFY Betta Balls require practically no maintenance. All they need are some light, freshwater, and something to feed off of. Basically, everything you already have in your betta’s tank. The only other additional maintenance is that when you change your betta’s water, you have to give the Betta Balls a squeeze over a sink or bucket to help remove any built-up accumulated over time. When done, simply toss it back in the tank. This will retain the round shape of the balls.
Marina Betta Aquarium Starter Kit, Flora
- Six inch cubed plastic aquarium
- Flora themed betta kit
- Includes decorative background and gravel
- Nutrafin Max Betta Food and Nutrafin Betta Plus Conditioner included
- Perfect for small spaces; Easy to maintain
Aqueon Replacement Filter Cartridges Medium (6 Pack)
- Fits Aqueon QuietFlow Filter: LED PRO Size 10 and E Internal 20 gallon
- Ready-to-use cartridge contains high quality activated carbon that keeps water clean, rinse before replacing
- Installs in seconds: align cartridge bottom key slot for an accurate fit inside the Filter
- For optimal performance, change approximately every 4 to 6 weeks
- Do not clean Bioholster when replacing the cartridge as it contains beneficial biological bacteria
Top Fin Filter Cartridges (2.1 in x 1.9 in x 3.7 in) (4 Count)
Marineland Portrait Glass LED aquarium Kit, 5 Gallons, Hidden Filtration
- SLEEK DESIGN: Rounded corners and clear glass canopy allow viewing from multiple angles.
- DAYLIGHT/MOONLIGHT LIGHTING: Bright white LEDs create a shimmering sunlight effect; blue LEDs produce a moonlit glow.
- EASY ACCESS: Hinged LED lighting and sliding glass canopy.
- SIZE: 5-gallon aquarium fits Marineland Rite-Size Z Filter Cartridges.
- HIDDEN FILTRATION: Advanced, 3-stage filtration is out of sight, enhancing aquarium viewing.
Tetra Waterfall Globe Kit 1.8 Gallons, Aquarium With Filtration
- DESKTOP AQUARIUM KIT: 1.8 gallon tank is ideal for betta or goldfish, or small tropical fish like guppies and tetras (with the addition of the Tetra HT10 heater).
- A NEW TAKE ON THE CLASSIC “FISHBOWL”: All-in-one tank is a great option for first-time fishkeepers.
- BUILT-IN FILTER: Cartridge-based filtration system.
- UNIQUE WATERFALL FEATURE: Filtration system doubles as a beautiful waterfall feature for your tank while it circulates and cleans water.
- INCLUDES LIGHTING: With the flip of a switch, low voltage LED lights illuminate your pets!
- Pump driven power filter
- Unique waterfall feature
- cartridge based filtration
- On/off button for light
- Pump driven power filter
Koller Products AquaView 6 Gallon 360 Fish Tank with Power Filter & LED Lighting
- Are you looking to buy an aquarium for your children? If you are, you are going to want to look at this fish Tank. Owning an aquarium can be a really fun and rewarding experience and an ideal way to teach your child the responsibility of pet ownership
- Energy-efficient LED lighting with 7 dazzling color selections to brightly illuminate your fish, choose daylight White, Blue, green, amber, aqua, Purple, or Red
- Powerful internal power filter cleans and purifies Aquarium water at a flow rate of 45 gallons per hour effectively removing organic pollutants including discoloration, odors, heavy metals, and toxic gases. Uses Tetra Whisper small replacement filter cartridges
- Made of impact-resistant plastic with crystal-clear clarity so good that most think it's made of glass; all the while providing leak-proof assurance, unlike glass tanks glued together with silicone, this one-piece Tank puts to rest any worries or concerns about possible leaks. Dimensions: 11 Dia x 19.8 H inches
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you need a part or help, please contact us at [email protected] for fast, friendly service
Crafts: The Decorative Betta Vase
Available in many retail stores, pet shops, and flower shops a decorative betta fish vase is a fantastic conversation and centerpiece that is simple to construct.
The best part? You can skip the store and craft one yourself!
It's a simple to construct and sustain vase if you put it together correctly and take the proper precautions. The betta or Siamese Fighting Fish is a solitary fish for the most part and doesn't mind being kept alone so a large vase habitat can seemingly work perfectly for both you and the fish.
In fact, Siamese Fighting Fish can be particularly aggressive and territorial when it comes to housing them with other similar looking fish, especially other males commonly sold in pet stores and retail stores because of their long beautiful fins, for this reason it's vital to only house one male or female betta in your vase.
In other situations like a large fish tank with more space it would be possible to house a group of female bettas, or one male betta with other compatible fish, but otherwise combining betta fish should be avoided because they will attack each other which could ultimately lead to death of one or both of the fish.
Siamese Fighting Fish also are relatively low maintenance and if properly fed and cared for can live in excess of three years. They also come in a variety of colors, patterns, and tail types. The veil tail betta is the most widespread and is typically the type most people own.
For this craft project you will need a few essential items:
One large clear glass vase. This can usually be found fairly cheap at any local thrift store or craft store. Ideally the bigger the vase the better.
Accent stones of your choice. In most cases they sell really nice-looking stones that come in a variety of colors at your local fish store or craft store.
Some water dechlorinator if you plan on using tap water. This can be found at your local pet store. If you want to skip this step you can just used bottled water from your local grocery store or aged tap water that has sat out for over 48 hours. That will allow time for the chlorine present in the water to evaporate.
Any aquatic plant or bamboo plant that would be a suitable size or shape to fit the look you want for your particular vase.
One healthy male or female betta fish. They can typically be bought inexpensively at Wal Mart or any fish store.
A bow, ribbon, old cloth, or belt that can be used to wrap around the neck of the vase as decoration.
A net to transport the fish
Food for your fish such as freeze dried brine shrimp or bloodworms. Both are inexpensive and can be purchased at you local fish store or Wal Mart. It is a myth that a betta can live off of the roots of the plant in the vase, they are strictly carnivores and will only eat the roots of plants as a last resort if they are starving.
You can add a snail to your vase if you would like. They typically will keep the glass free from algae longer and give your betta a friend, but they are not obligatory to the vase.
Other decorations for inside the vase such as a fake shell or cave.
A strainer may come in handy when you have to clean the stones in the vase.
Paper towels to cleanup any spills.
Assembling Your Vase
Rinse vase and stones with tap water to remove any dust or particles that might be detrimental to the fish. Also rinse the plant and decorations at this time.
When the stones are fully rinsed you can add them to the bottom of the vase. About one to two inches of stones should be perfect. Fill the vase with room temperature water leaving about an inch of space between the neck of the vase and bowl area of the vase. Siamese Fighting Fish breathe atmospheric air, as well as breathe through their gills so they need to have enough surface area to do so.
Now you can start to add your plant and decorations into the vase if you have any.
Add your bow, ribbon, or other decoration to the neck of the vase.
Last but not least, gently net your fish and place it into the vase.
Tips for maintaining your vase
There are many things that you can do to ensure the quality and life of your vase, plant and betta fish.
Although the plant will remove some of the build up of the toxins in the water produced by the fish it's important to do a 50% water change every other day and a 100% water change once a week. If this is not done the betta could die from the toxins and wastes he produces in the water.
Also it's imperative to feed your betta at least once a day. In an emergency situation they can typically go a few days without food, but this is not recommended.
Siamese Fighting Fish are adaptable, colorful fish with lots of personality. They also in turn require a bit of responsibility. If you're unsure about acquiring a betta for your vase it's perfectly fine to leave your decorative vase without one.