10 Best Way To Keep Your Fish Tank Clean
Updated on: June 2023
Best Way To Keep Your Fish Tank Clean in 2023
Luigi's Aquarium/Fish Tank Siphon and Gravel Cleaner - A Hand Syphon Pump to Drain and Replace Your Water in Minutes!
Natural Rapport Aquarium Gravel Cleaner - The Only Gravel Cleaner Fish Need - Professional Aquarium Gravel Cleaner to Naturally Maintain a Healthier Tank, Reducing Fish Waste & Toxins (16 fl oz)
- NATURAL, HEALTHIER AQUARIUM - Our gravel cleaner introduces healthy, natural bacteria that biologically eliminate excess fish waste, fish food, toxins, odors, and other organic wastes. This leads to cleaner, clearer water, and a healthier fish tank.
- EXTEND YOUR TANK MAINTENANCE - Our professional grade, non-chemical formula will extend the time between water changes and vacuum gravel cleanings by eliminating organic waste that accumulates in your aquarium. It also helps correct for overfeeding.
- MAKE YOUR AQUARIUM WATER FISH SAFE - Our gravel cleaner not only improves water quality and clarity and minimizes odors, but also naturally reduces the build-up of toxic ammonia and nitrite as well as problem-causing nitrate and phosphate.
- PROFESSIONAL, EASY, ONE-STEP APPLICATION - Simply add one capful per 10 gallons to your Saltwater or Freshwater aquariums for cleaning. That's it, done! No messy accessories, tools or pump. Our 16 oz bottle treats up to 960 gallons, now that's value.
- OUR PROMISE - All supplies made in the USA. We have a customer promise of "complete product delight". We are a family-owned business passionate about making natural products with high standards keeping your beautiful fish safer and healthier.
Zoo Med Turtle Clean External Canister Filter, 50-Gallon
- External canister filter with slimline design for tight spaces
- 200 gallon per hour rating, ideal for turtle habitats up to 50 gallons in size
- The included spray bar increases oxygenation to help support your turtles' health
- Double filtering system with both carbon and ceramic filters and internal biological recirculation
- Combines mechanical, biological, and chemical filtration to give your pets the cleanest, healthiest habitat
biOrb FLOW 30 Aquarium with LED Light - 8 gallon, black (45919)
- Constructed Out of Acrylic - 10 times stronger than glass, 50% lighter and has a 93% transparency rating.
- True 5 Stage Filtration - Biological, Mechanical, Chemical, Water Stabilization and Oxygenation.
- Low Voltage - All biOrb aquariums operate from a 12V Transformer.
- age range description: All Life Stages
Aqueon Replacement Filter Cartridges Medium (6 Pack)
- Fits Aqueon QuietFlow Filter: LED PRO Size 10 and E Internal 20 gallon
- Ready-to-use cartridge contains high quality activated carbon that keeps water clean, rinse before replacing
- Installs in seconds: align cartridge bottom key slot for an accurate fit inside the Filter
- For optimal performance, change approximately every 4 to 6 weeks
- Do not clean Bioholster when replacing the cartridge as it contains beneficial biological bacteria
BN-LINK 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer, FD60 U6, 115V, 60Hz, Dual Outlet, Indoor, Packaging May Vary For Lamp Light Fan Security UL Listed
- ✓ VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZABLE: Easily set up to 8 on/off programs for the timer’s two grounded outlets. Outlets are controlled simultaneously, and settings can be as short as one minute.
- ✓ JUST SET & GO: Choose your own individual days or simply select one of the convenient pre-set combination days. Switch to Daylight Savings mode with a press of a button. Our long-lasting backup battery keeps your settings even in the event of a power outage.
- ✓ PROTECT YOUR HOME: Activate the “Random” Vacation mode to randomize your programmed lights. Make your home look “lived in” even when you’re away.
- ✓ Century to BN-LINK: Your timer might come in the brand of BN-LINK or Century as we are currently rebranding to BN-LINK. Please be assured that the quality remains the same.
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: This timer is UL listed and rigorously controlled for quality and safety. Rating: 115V, 60 Hz, 15A/1725W
SunGrow Aquarium Multi-Colored Changing LED Air Stone Bubbler, A Vegas Show for Your Fish, Energetic Bubbles Equal Energetic Fish, Adds Oxygen and Keeps Tank Clean, 6
- ✓ REVITALIZE YOUR TANK --- SunGrow’s bubbler with 6 different colored LED light isn’t just entertaining and beautiful - it’s practical, too! The energetic bubbles add vital oxygen to the water and the movement created by the bubbles helps reduce the growth of microfilm and scum making your life easier and your turtle’s and shrimp’s life better.
- ✓ FUN FOR FISH --- Your bettas, gouramis, and tetras will love our air stone’s bubbles! Watch your pets swim through and ride the bubbles or race across the bubble column. Your fish will be stimulated by their bubble playground.
- ✓ EVER CHANGING VIEW --- Each vibrant LED color brings a new personality and atmosphere to your aquarium. Serene sapphire, tropical emerald, crystal white, and more. Which one will be your favorite?
- ✓ INSTALLATION UNDER 10-MINUTES --- SunGrow’s bubbler is easy to install. It comes with 100mx6mm air tubing to attach to your air pump and a strong suction cup to keep the power cord out of the way.
- ✓ LIGHT FOR YOUR AQUAPONICS --- Most light for aquaponics and hydroponics comes from a lid cover, but our bubbler will provide the oxygen your plants need and light for you to see into your set-up.
Tetra Whisper Air Pump - 100 gallon, Blue (77855)
- POWERFUL Tetra Whisper Air Pump provides dependable airflow to your aquarium
- QUIET Patented dome shape suspended motor and sound-dampening chambers for quiet operation
- AVAILABLE SIZES Select the proper size for your tank – 10 20 and 40-gallon pumps have single air outlets 60 and 100-gallon pumps feature dual outlets
- NON-UL LISTED Reliable performance at an economical cost
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
- Included Components: 1 x Tetra Whisper Air Pump 60 To 100 Gallons
Mr. Peanut's Large Pet Feeding Mat, Premium FDA Food Grade Silicone, BPA Free, 23.5" X 15.5" Flexible and Easy to Clean Feeding Mat, Protects Your Floors from Food and Water Spills (Teal Green)
- PREMIUM DESIGNED for durability in a size that fits practically anywhere, Each mat can fold or roll up for easy travel and storage so you can contain your pets messes no matter where you are 23.5" L x 15.5" W and .25" thick
- GRIPPER-DOTS PATTERN to keep food bowls from sliding. Raised edge & waterproof material stop water & food from spilling
- NON-SLIP BACKING SYSTEM Anti-slip bumps on top and bottom to prevent sliding and maintain tidiness
- FOOD SAFE Premium non-toxic, 100% food grade silicone, non-allergenic silicone in a stylish design
- EASY TO CLEAN AND MAINTAIN dishwasher safe, easy to clean under the sink or with a wet cloth / paper towel. Durable material stands up well to repeated use
Penn Plax Fish Breeding Grass â€“ Baby Hideout, Safe Hiding for Fry â€“ Decorative Aquarium Grass
- Fish breeding grass is a necessary addition to your home aquarium when fish are breeding so babies can have a safe haven to hide out in. Effective for both live bearers as well as egg layers.
- Decorative aquarium grass measures 8" x 5" x 1 1/2". It is the ideal size for almost any size home fish tank.
- Providing a safe area for newly born fish is critical to their survival. This grass is safe hiding for fry and contributes to the natural habitats of the aquarium.
- Breeding grass can float at the water level or if you prefer it can be secured to the bottom of the tank by using gravel to weigh it down.
- Easy to clean and washable, these plants will last a very long time. You will love the way these foreground plants blend with the rest of your aquarium décor.
Planted Freshwater Aquarium Water Chemistry
Aquarium water chemistry doesn't have to be complicated. Here's a simple overview of the chemicals found in a planted fish tank.
The water chemistry of a planted aquarium is actually far simpler, and far less daunting, than it may seem. Here's a basic overview of the chemicals found in a planted freshwater aquarium.
Nitrite is a major discussion-point for enthusiasts of freshwater aquarium chemistry. Nitrite is an important nutrient, but it is extremely toxic to almost all species of freshwater fish. When organic matter, such as dead leaves or fish poop, decays, it releases nitrite into the water. In a new aquarium, this scary chemical lingers and can quickly cause the death of every fish in the aquarium. Fortunately, if your aquarium is well-established, it turns into nitrate. Your nitrite levels should be undetectable after your aquarium is established.
Despite the similarity in name and chemistry, nitrate and nitrite are functionally quite different. Specialized bacteria found in your filter, water and substrate consume nitrite and convert it into nitrate. In a planted freshwater aquarium, your benthic plants will absorb much of the nitrate in your water. If it is left unchecked, nitrate levels can cause algae blooms and fish death. Nitrate levels should ideally stay below 20 parts per million in an established planted aquarium, but most fish can tolerate levels as high as 60 parts per million for short periods of time. Note that nitrate supports plant growth, despite its reputation as a fish-killer.
When you hear the word ammonia, "poison" should be the first word that pops into your head. Ammonia from fish poop, fish food and decaying plant matter can build up in your aquarium's chemistry, and even relatively low levels can cause your fish to die-- quickly. If you notice an unpleasant or urine-like odor emanating from your water, get to work immediately on doing a large water change. Aquatic plants can help to slightly reduce ammonia levels, but it ultimately takes deligent owner-involvement to keep ammonia levels where they need to be.
Most people who keep planted freshwater aquariums do not need to test for phosphate. This nutrient is not particularly toxic to fish, but it might be worth checking for if you experience algae blooms. Phosphate from fish food and polluted tapwater can help to encourage the growth of your live aquatic plants, and your benthic plants are instrumental in keeping levels low. However, for the most part, there's really no need to be concerned about your aquarium's phosphate levels.