Best Way To Vacuum Aquarium Gravel in 2022
Natural Rapport Aquarium Gravel Cleaner - The Only Gravel Cleaner Fish Need - Professional Aquarium Gravel Cleaner to Naturally Maintain a Healthier Tank, Reducing Fish Waste & Toxins (16 fl oz)
Lee's Large Economy Gravel Vacuum
- Also includes a 72-inch long gravel vac hose
- Designed to separate debris from gravel and remove it from the aquarium during routine water changes
- Made in the USA
- Features a 2-inch diameter by 16-inch long cylinder
TOM Aquarium Gravel Vacuum 12-Inches Length
- Perfect for quick water changes
- Fast starting, gently squeeze on built-in hand pump to initiate siphon flow
- Rapidly removes fish waste and other debris
- If we can be of any help please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected], we'll take good care of you
Lukovee Aquarium Gravel Cleaner, Fish Tank Vacuum Cleaner Kit Tool with 2 Extendable Pipe, Glass Scraper, Water Flow Controller Clamp, (Aquarium Gravel Cleaner with Fish Net)
- 5 IN 1 Multifunctional --- The gravel cleaner set is equipped with many accessories: Inlet tubes, Outlet hose, adjustable Water Flow Controller clamp, fixture clamp, fish net and glass scraper. No need for power, No need to immersing your hands in the aquarium water, No spilling water on the ground, this manual gravel cleaning kit could safely help to aquarium water changing, scraping algae, sand washing, raking sand, excrement-absorbing.
- Fit For All Aquarium --- This Aquarium cleaner tool kit has 2 inlet tubes (each 40cm/15.75in long), which can be connected by an orange connecting pipe to use. The 6 foot flexible outlet hose with water flow clip can be attached on the bucket to prevent water from splashing, help you optimize the water flow and fix the pipe, making your work efficiently and easily. It almost fits for all different-sized fish/plant/turtle aquariums tank.
- Aquarium Fish Net & Filter Basket Net --- ①The size of fish net (Width: 3.9 inch; Length :12.2 inch) will be easily fit for most fishes and aquariums. Durable construction means it will not easy to bending or breaking. It can help catch those crafty, quick fish and clean out debris from the tank as well. ②Filter basket net in the tube effectively avoiding blocking by gravel and prevents smaller fish from being sucked into the apparatus. It’s effectively separates and removes debris from your aqu
- Simple Assembly, Easy Operation --- This Fish tank gravel cleaner easy to use, first connect the inlet and outlet pipe, Please remember to spin on the orange connector to install the extension tube, it's safe and tight. Then press the air pressure button with your palm until the water can flow out automatically. This product has a powerful suction, even a child can operate. The valve inside can prevent water from backflow.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed! --- Lukovee aquarium gravel cleaner are designed to keep a healthy environment for our underwater friends. but if in any way you are not 100% satisfied with this aquarium gravel cleaner, please feel free to contact us. We truly care about our customers! Just use it with confidence! We will provide every customer with the best service!
Gigibon Aquarium Gravel Cleaner Fish Tank Vacuum Gravel Cleaner Kit with Glass Scrapers Siphon Cleaning Tools for Water Changing, Sand Washing
- Suitable for All Aquarium. The Fish tank gravel cleaner has 2 detachable hard intake pipe, reaching 40CM. Good for fish/plant/turtle aquariums.
- Easy to Use, NO special setting. The aquarium cleaner only has one pressing button, which allows one-hand operation.
- Multifuntional: The gravel cleaner can be used for Algae cleaning, water changing, Sand washing, Excrement-absorbing and more. With the scraper, you can clean the tank glass, too.
- Air-pressing n Water Flow Controller: This is a genuine vacuum tank cleaner, whose air button utton generates strong suction.The water flow clamp can help your optimize the water flow and fix the pipe. Making your work efficiently and easily.
- Made of quality materials. The aquarium vacuum cleaner is good for long-time use.
MKHDD Electric Aquarium Gravel Vacuum Fish Tank Vacuum Cleaner Tank Syphon Operated Gravel Water Filter Cleaner Sand Washer
- 4 in 1 design that it combines the gravel cleaner, water changer, alge cleaner and waste extractor. Ideal for complete aquarium cleaning or quick spot maintenance
- Unlike the other electric cleaners, this grave cleaner runs on DC 12V, which is safe voltage provided by an adapter( the input of adapter is 110V). Can also run on batteries, requires 2xC batteries (the product does not contain batteries)
- With the pump installed close to the end allows you to clean the tanks with lower water leavel compared with other cleaners.
- A strong pump easily removes particles from topmost layer of substrate without disturbing the bottom layer of gravel.
- The filter bag collects the particles and dirts while the clear water is returned to the tank. Easy to take apart for cleaning.
Luigi's Aquarium/Fish Tank Siphon and Gravel Cleaner - A Hand Syphon Pump to Drain and Replace Your Water in Minutes!
- ✔️️ Perfect For Regular Water Changes - No Messy drips, and a sturdy one way valve to improve suction. You can clear 30L in about 5 minutes.
- ✔️️ Keep your Aquarium Clean - Filter through the gravel using the attachment to suck up food, fish waste and toxins that build up in your tank.
- ✔️️ Fish and invertebrate Safe - Use The attached filter to prevent sucking up small fish and shrimps.
- ✔️️ Great Value - A lot of fish accessories are overpriced. This simple, robust product does the job of a much more expensive siphon at a fraction of the cost.
- ✔️️ 100% Money Back Guarantee - If you're not happy for any reason just let us know and we'll give you an instant refund. No questions asked!
Hygger 12V DC 5-in-1 Aquarium Gravel Vacuum Cleaner Water Changer Kit Electric Fish Tank Cleaning Tools Siphon Pump Sand Washing
- Quick water change and easy gravel cleaning with Hygger Electric Gravel Cleaner Kit. DC powered adapter with UL certificated, safe to use, energy saving, makes sand cleaning and water change a breeze
- Aquarium Gravel Cleaning kit includes a non-slip handle, 4 sections of extension tubes, 1 water pump, 1 sand vaccum, 1 debris vacuum, 1 brush head, 1 sand washing head, 1 filter housing and 6.5 ft water pipe
- Sand washing head attachment for cleaning coarse gravel, sand vacuum for cleaning fine sand, brush head for cleaning dirt on the substrate, debris vacuum for vacuuming out the debris in gravel, intake strainer for water changing and filter housing for trapping large particles
- Extendable Pole: Build in 4 sections tubes, it can be extends from 11.4 inch to 32.7 inch which is long enough to clean up to 3.2 ft depth tank. Threads together with extension tightly no flexing, white seal ring prevents leaking
- Water pump provides strong water flow up to 396 GPH (6.6 Gallon per Minute), easy to assemble and detach, drains and fills aquarium rapidly and effectively
SunGrow Aquarium Gravel Cleaner Kit with Priming Bulb, 65 Inches, 2 Minutes to Assemble, BPA Free, Easy-to-Use, Storage, Perfect for Small Fish Tanks, Facilitates Frequent Water Changes
- ✔ GOOD AQUARIUM KEEPING AT YOUR DOORSTEP — No more scooping up dirty water with a pail; that can be messy. SunGrow Aquarium Cleaning Pump kit is a system with a hand controller that helps you clear out your tank efficiently and quickly by having the features you definitely need! This is suitable for maintaining both freshwater and saltwater tanks. Each part is meticulously designed to give you the best aquarium cleaning experience you can possibly have.
- ✔ ROUTINE MAINTENANCE MADE EASY — Every SunGrow fish tank substrate cleaner comes with a short nozzle with nozzle net, flexible standard tubing, operation/pump bulb and discharge hose. While all these parts can be adjusted and modified as per your needs, the operation bulb or the hand starter is its unique component that sets it apart from other similar items in the market.
- ✔ FREQUENT WATER CHANGE ENSURES HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT — Without water changes, invisible toxins build up in your tank creating toxic environment for your inhabitants. But, with the kink-resistant siphon cleaner by SunGrow, you can do it frequently and it will not take much of your time. This no-spill system is made high quality to not let aquarium fish get hurt or even disturbed while it is being used to transfer water.
- ✔ 2-MINUTES TO SETUP — The short nozzle feature of SunGrow Aquarium sand and substrate cleaner is perfect when you want to replenish or drain water out of your tank. Just place the nozzle in your tank. For convenience, attach it with a suction cup. This will make work easier for you because you don’t need to hold it while draining out water! Press on, or squeeze the pump bulb 5 to 7 times and the water will start to flow out of the nozzle. See the description below for more details.
- ✔ HASSLE-FREE STORAGE- The flexible siphon pump helps preventing the small gravel and debris from going into the hose. Not only that, after it has done the deed, it won’t give you a hard time thinking where you would store it, as it can be placed practically anywhere! With its strategic portable design, you can keep it in any place you want where you can easily access it the next time you need it.
Hygger 396GPH Electric Aquarium Gravel Cleaner, 5 in 1 Automatic Fish Tank Cleaning Tool Set Vacuum Water Changer Sand Washer Filter Siphon Adjustable Length DC 12V 20W
- CLEANING FUNCTION: Our sand algae cleaner have four spliced rigid tubes, which can be extended to 11.4 inch to 40.5 inch according to tank. With brush heads, each corner of the fish tank can be cleaned. Aquarium gravel cleaner can also be used with the duckbill suction port to suck dirt from the corner of the fish tank, and the dung can be easily sucked away.
- WATER CHANGE FUNCTION: 9.85ft super high head, and the water changer pump can provide a strong flow of up to 396GPH, the power of sand washer is sufficient to quickly change the water, saving half the time compared to manual. The starting water level can be as low as 2in, no water accumulation, and pumping as low as 0.3in.
- FILTRATION FUNCTION: The filter housing can filter the garbage in the water and make the clean water return to the tank. The fish tank can be filtered without changing water, such as washing sand, and the dirt is directly passed through the filter box. Filter sponge can be repeatedly cleaned and reused, and can be replaced with other filter media.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDE: functional accessories include 45 ° corner suction inlet（Sand washing head）, duckbill suction inlet(Debris vacuum), brush head, gravel washer(sand vacuum), 360 ° water intake strainer, filter housing; other accessories include: 12V adapter ×1, independent switch ×1, water pump motor ×1, extension tube ×4, small connector ×1, Three-way valve ×1, handle ×1, wire slot ×4, outlet ×1, 2m water pipe ×1.
- 5 IN 1 MULTI-FUNCTION PUMP: Electric fish tank vacuum cleaner has high-density new plastic, detachable design, wear-resistant, lightweight, anti-fall. The adapter is DC 12V, and the power supply has passed UL certification that is more safe to use. Safe and independent switch control, easy to operate, no longer need to worry about unplugging the socket with wet hands.
Dosing Kalkwasser in a Marine Aquarium for Wonderous Results
Anyone looking for the upper hand in replenishing and maintaining an ideal level of calcium in their aquarium, without spending alot of money, look no further than introducing Kalkwasser.
Kalkwasser is a German word for lime water. Synonymous with limewater is calcium hydroxide. Calcium is depleted in marine aquariums at varying speeds. Variables such as amount of carbon dioxide in the water and in the ambient environment, livestock population, amount of coralline and Halimeda algae in the aquarium, alkalinity, pH and amount of calcium that precipitates out onto equipment and substrate all have a direct impact on calcium levels. Kalkwasser enables one to add calcium and alkalinity buffer to their marine aquarium.
As an economical means of adding calcium to your aquarium, doing so with a top off device as a way of replenishing water that has evaporated from your tank, this convenience kills two bird with one stone. Kalkwasser is a powerful supplement that MUST be dosed carefully, not to mention that this product is caustic and is harmful to humans if inhaled. Kalkwasser has a pH if around 12, our tanks should have a pH of anywhere between 8.0-8.4. So do the math, if you dose too much Kalkwasser you will be increasing the pH of your tanks water possibly at such a dramatic rate that fish and invertebrates will flounder, especially delicate ones like ornamental shrimp.
OK, dosing kalkwasser... the production and retention of CO2 in aquarium water plays a major role in the amount of Kalkwasser(calcium hydroxide) that gets added to tank water. The level of CO2 in the air, in the tanks water as dissolved CO2, algae growth, and production of acids by biological processes all play a role in how much calcium hydroxide is allowed into the tanks water as calcium carbonate.
As stated earlier, levels of evaporation, pH and calcium will impact the quickness and amount of the saturated Kalk solution that gets added to an aquarium. Evaporational cooling is a great way of increasing the rate that kalkwasser can keep up with the demand for calcium in each unique and diverse aquarium. Creating a strong batch of kalk solution can aid in ensuring that more calcium hydroxide gets added to your tank plus their are also two other alternatives to get the most out of the kalk solution. Either dosing the kalkwasser solution at night when photosynthesis has stopped and CO2 is able to rise, or the addition of acetic acid( household white vinegar). Vinegar represents a major source of carbon. Vinegar, glucose and calcium gluconate all work the same way and will increase the carbon dioxide in water due to the biological activities of the carbon being digested releasing carbon dioxide as a result. Vinegar is more commonly used as it is easy to find at any supermarket. The vinegar when added to the kalk solution will increase the concentration of calcium being added to an aquarium by 9% over than of the standard kalk solution alone.
It is best to dose kalk slowly and with the addition of a pH controller. The reasons for this are two fold: ability to monitor what your pH level is and be able to make changes should less than optimal changes arise before they get too out of hand. Remember that calcium should almost always be added with an alkalinity buffer which is why kalkwasser is so convenient. In tanks containing an elevated amount of calcium you will find that alkalinity levels are low and vice versa. By adding a two part solution of BOTH calcium and alkalinity you lessen the chances of these two components traveling in opposite directions. The pH monitor allows for the close monitoring of the waters pH value as a elevated pH value will cause many of the bicarbonate ions to carbonate and this over saturation of carbonate and calcium concentration will cause a milky/cloudy white color to tank water. Not to mention that a pH rise as a result of dosing kalk carelessly will cause death of livestock and this is irreversible.
Their are two main ways of adding kalk to an aquarium: either adding the solution to a top-off reservoir or to create a Nilsen calcium reactor. Either way can work to replenish water and calcium lost in the aquarium as part of this automatic water make-up system. A solenoid, float switch, reservoir container and some aquarium tubing is all that is needed to create this device. Basically what you are doing is connecting this set up to a sump. Once water has evaporated below a certain level, the float(similar to that of a toilet) activates the solenoid valve causing water/ kalkwasser solution to be added to the sump to bring the water level back up to where is belongs. Once this happens the float rises and shuts off the solenoid stopping any more water from entering the sump, possibly causing a flood or abrupt pH change.
The ideal amount of kalkwasser(dry powder) to be added to an aquarium is 1/4 teaspoon per hour(per 50gallons). Doing this every couple hours two to three times a day should suffice and not place any substantial risk on your pH level of your water. The addition of kalkwasser should enable your waters calcium and alkalinity demands to be sufficient to allow your corals and Tridacna clams to flourish as well as the ability for invertebrates to produce a strong exoskeleton for their protection.
As with any chemical, be careful and go slow. Many times we end up inflicting more damage than good by going to fast, not being knowledgeable enough or being careless. Make sure that you cover your bases, dot your i's and cross your T's when working with calcium, iodine, alkalinity, pH and salinity especially.