The Best Reef Aquarium in 2022
API REEF MASTER TEST KIT Reef Aquarium Water Test Kit 1-Count
The Reef Aquarium: A Comprehensive Guide to the Identification and Care of Tropical Marine Invertebrates (Volume 1)
The Reef Aquarium, Vol. 3: Science, Art, and Technology
The Reef Aquarium, Vol. 2: A Comprehensive Guide to the Identification and Care of Tropical Marine Invertebrates
Aquariums: Aquariums Box Set (3 in 1): Freshwater Aquarium + Saltwater Aquarium + Reef Aquarium Setup & Maintenance Guide: A Complete Aquarium Guide for ... Fish, Reef Aquarium, Saltwater Aquarium)
The New Reef Aquarium: Setup, Care and Compatibility (+ Free Bonus Material) (Aquatic Experts)
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals Reef Salt, Enriched Formulation for Aquariums, 200 gal
- FORMULATED SPECIFICALLY FOR REEF AQUARIUMS Contains essential ocean reef elements in concentrations greater than those found in natural sea water
- EXTRA CALCIUM Extra calcium to encourage the growth of large and small polyp stony corals (LPS & SPS) as well as coralline algae
- EXTRA VITAMINS Extra vitamins to help promote vigorous growth and survival of corals anemones and other invertebrates in a captive environment
- METAL DETOXIFIER Metal detoxifier to neutralize traces of heavy metal often present in domestic water supplies
VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum for Grow Coral Reef Marine Fish Tank LPS/SPS
- VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series V165 LED Aquarium Light is scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR output and coverage.
- Internal timer allows you to turn the light on or off automatically and separately. Dimmable feature can be used to adjust two channels brightness individually.
- V165 is full spectrum with our proprietary layout, which is contributed by thousands of ReefCentral members, has had years of success.
- Suitable for all photosynthetic corals, be sure to acclimate your tank or new corals to the new light by slowing increasing its exposure/intensity to the light.
- 1 year local warranty plus 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee.
Vibrant Reef Aquarium (16 oz)
- Combats cloudy water and algae including GHA
- Can utilize all current filtration
- Safe with fish, coral, and invertebrates
- 95% Cultured Bacteria Blend 1% Amino Acids (Aspartic Acid) 0.5% Vinegar 3.5% RO/DI Water
- For Saltwater Aquariums
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals Reef Salt for 50 Gallons, Enriched Formulation for Aquariums
- FORMULATED SPECIFICALLY FOR REEF aquariumS: Contains essential ocean reef elements in concentrations greater than those found in natural sea waterEXTRA CALCIUM: Encourages stony coral and coralline algae growth.
- EXTRA TRACE ELEMENTS: Provides vital nutrients.
- EXTRA VITAMINS: Helps promote growth and survival of corals, anemones and other invertebrates in a captive environment.
- DETOXIFIES METALS: Neutralizes traces of heavy metals found in tap water.
The Shrimp Goby: Myriad Of Color, Intelligence Plus Unique Association with Shrimp
Many of these so called shrimp gobies make a wonderful addition to a passive and docile reef tank with a deep sand bed...
For the most part, shrimp gobies remain very small, so the keeping of one in a 10 gallon sized tank is not out of the question. They do not live a very active lifestyle either so seeing them swimming about with other fish will not be a common sight.
Shrimp gobies are great jumpers so caution is advised when housing one of these fish as a cover is a good thing to have to eliminate this potential problem. Because these fish remain almost entirely at the bottom, the proper substrate is necessary to facilitate their burrowing activity. A mixture of rock rubble with sand and crushed coral will afford the shrimp and goby the necessary requirements to form a burrowing hole for their house.
Foodstuff suitable for the goby and shrimp are flake, frozen and fresh foods commonly acquired at your local pet shop or on line venues. Feeding small amounts frequently will give the pair a better chance at catching food with the competition between them and other fish that have the upper hand in the pelagic areas of a tank. Target feeding may be a good solution to ensure that the goby/shrimp are fed.
It is not advisable to house more than one shrimp goby in a 100 gallon tank unless you have a mated pair right from the start or aggression will be displayed. Aggression will almost always be displayed with one or both parties showing flared gills, spread fins and mouth's open.
Shrimp gobies because they are small in size, for the most part, must not be placed in a tank with more boisterous and larger fish to reduce the chances of predation. Also, shrimp gobies have a long dorsal fin that often is a target by those fish that are parasite cleaners or fin nippers.
Shrimp gobies are mainly collected from shallow reef areas so keeping them with corals in intense lighting schemes is fine. When first purchased, you may not see the fish for awhile, and think that it has jumped out or died, but eventually after its had its chance to acclimate itself to the new surroundings, will become more and more visible and allow you to see it up close up.
Though shrimp gobies are not as vibrant and colorful as fish such as Wrasses, Angelfish, Anthias' among others, they do represent a wonderful selection of interesting, amusing and diverse bottom dwelling fish and combined with their companion, the snapper shrimp, offer a unique pairing as different as Laurel and Hardy.